Universal Gaming
Tekken 8 | Season 1 Trailer - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tekken 8 | Season 1 Trailer (/showthread.php?tid=1578)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Tekken 8 | Reina Revealed - Mr EliteL - Nov 15th, 2023

Haha Rage Art is correct. I didn't notice the stage music resembled the T2 Heihachi stage, I just knew it was good so perhaps that's why I found it good. XD Also the new stage is one of the best out of the bunch so far, my other favourites being that nature stage and the city.

Thanks for giving her bio, so she is still a mystery and not outright mentioned she's a relative of the family yet or not. I suppose that hints she will be included in the main story for players to find out.

EDIT: Oh and apparently we're finally going to get the gameplay trailers for Yoshimitsu up to Devil Jin finally every week, not sure how many each but probably one as there is 11 characters worth and 11 weeks left until 26th Jan.

RE: Tekken 8 | Reina Revealed - Moonface - Nov 16th, 2023

It's one trailer per character who didn't get one, so by the end everyone will have a trailer like the singular character ones we've been getting so far.

Also Reina's stage appears to take parts from Jin's T3 stage with the tiger walls.

RE: Tekken 8 | Reina Revealed - Moonface - Nov 22nd, 2023

Tekken 8 | Leo Trailer
The first of the character trailers that didn't come out alongside the respective character announcement has been released, and it focuses on Leo!

RE: Tekken 8 | Reina Revealed - Mr EliteL - Nov 22nd, 2023

I haven't got anything to say about Leo really apart from looking OK.

So the trailers won't be in the order I thought it was going to be judging from the image of the roster, (Yoshimitsu, Steve, Dragunov, Leo, Kuma, Shaheen, Panda, Zafina, Lee, Alisa, Devil Jin) Although there are now 9 weeks and 2 days until release so it's making me wonder how they'll fit the rest in now unless it's not going to be one per week or there'll be a set of two trailers twice or something, one pair between Christmas/New Year then one pair on the release week or something. I'd imagine one pair being Kuma and Panda.

RE: Tekken 8 | Reina Revealed - Mr EliteL - Nov 29th, 2023

Tekken 8 | Steve Fox Gameplay Trailer

Next up in the build up to release is boxer Steve's trailer.

His voice has definitely changed unless it really is still his previous VA but it just sounds different. In fact, during the intro with Hwoarang I can't help but think his voice sounds like Bradley Walsh, then also his victory line. ROFL The rest of the time the voice doesn't sound like it but similar, I just guess the VA's accent comes roughly from the same area as Walsh's. XD
EDIT: OK comparing T6-T7 and T8 Steve voices it could still be Gideon Emery, but damn that Hwoarang intro really sounds uncanny. XD

RE: Tekken 8 | Reina Revealed - Moonface - Nov 29th, 2023

I hadn't watched Leo's trailer yet so decided to just watch both of these new character trailers back-to-back, and here are my thoughts:

Leo
I like their reaction to Azucena, but on the flip side I really hate Leo's special with the grappling gun. It just looks too ridiculous having a character use a grapple that clearly isn't hooking onto anything in the environment if the stage is one with an open sky like that used in this trailer.

Steve
His lip sync seems a little off (noticeable to me in the intro with Hwoarang), and I'm not going to judge his voice because I find hearing British accents really weird nowadays from not hearing them daily like I used to so I'm just going to start calling him a posh sounding twat and wanting to mockingly repeat his lines verbally. ROFL
Other things I noticed aren't really exclusive to this trailer but I didn't notice them until now. I like that stages have breakable elements that are just background parts like the statue at 0:52. I also hadn't noticed before that some of the billboards on that same stage feature fighters on the roster, although I only spotted Leroy and Azucena on them, and I didn't notice the current fighters are shown as holograms on the stage for the Steve vs. Hwoarang part of the trailer. The floor on that stage saying "Ready" and then "Fight" in sync to the announcer is a neat detail I didn't see before either.

Thoughts aside, the trailers are looking to be in the order of the initial reveals, so the order should be Kuma, Yoshimitsu, Shaheen, Dragunov, Feng, Panda, Lee, Alisa, Zafina, and then Devil Jin as the final.

RE: Tekken 8 | Steve Trailer - Mr EliteL - Dec 1st, 2023

Yeah Steve's lip sync was off, but I'm whatever with it although it shouldn't be that bad.

I was wondering if it'll the first batch then with the Legends trailer the second batch after. If they're going by initial reveal Zafina appeared between Panda and Lee unless there was a different reveal of their order I'm forgetting.

Also there was a random short PC Gaming Show trailer shown today or yesterday at some point (upload was today's date) that popped up on my YouTube recommendation but it showed absolutely nothing, so I won't bother linking it.

RE: Tekken 8 | Steve Trailer - Moonface - Dec 2nd, 2023

The order in my post was also based on the order of the fighters on the official Tekken website, which I took to also be the order they all got revealed. If not because maybe the ordering was a bit different in the four character trailer then I still think the website ordering is what they'll be following.

RE: Tekken 8 | Steve Trailer - Mr EliteL - Dec 2nd, 2023

Ooh hope that's true because that'll mean one less week for me to wait for Lee's trailer which following the current pattern of Wednesday would be 10th Jan or 3rd if two trailers drop around Xmas or whenever, since Devil Jin's will be on the 31st which is after T8 releases, obviously that won't happen. XD

RE: Tekken 8 | Steve Trailer - Moonface - Dec 4th, 2023

Unless the trailers are put onto timers I can see multiple coming out around the holidays because nobody will be at the offices during that time.

Also it might be nothing but I just saw someone share a Tweet from Harada where he says he's arrived in Los Angeles and the account for The Game Awards responded to it with "Welcome!", which to me implies he's going to be at The Game Awards with something to show for Tekken 8 otherwise why bother flying all the way over to the US for it? I doubt it'll be character trailers because that doesn't really promote the game to non-fans so I guess it'll be a story trailer or a general game overview trailer. Whatever it is I doubt it'll manage to top the Tekken 7 Rage & Sorrow trailer for me but that's because the song that trailer has is such a fucking banger!

RE: Tekken 8 | Steve Trailer - Mr EliteL - Dec 5th, 2023

Yeah true, it's also kinda weird to have a character trailer come so late, like two days before release, it's usually just a general gameplay trailer or something so perhaps it could be a few.

Ooh nice, then there should be something if Harada's there in person. Just checked what time the stream will and it's of course after midnight after Thursday night into Friday which a right peeve for me. Yeah another story trailer would do, the only thing close to the Rage & Sorrow trailer is simply the T8 reveal trailer but it didn't have enough in it to reach that level, so perhaps another look at what the scene will be now that should be finalised or extremely close to being complete plus some other stuff. Also, if anything could blow me away is god damn it, Team Battle Mode reveal, PLEASE, HARADA, PLEASE! Because at the moment all there is for other modes outside of obvious VS, online and Story is the training/Arcade Quest and Tekken Ball and that's not enough.

RE: Tekken 8 | Steve Trailer - Mr EliteL - Dec 6th, 2023

Tekken 8 | Sergei Dragunov Gameplay Trailer

Dragunov drops next, and he's looking more aggressive than ever, showing us he takes his vacation time very seriously and should not be messed with during it. That first armor move he does, oh man that looked so cool just taking Raven's hit as he grabs hold and knees him to the floor. Actually watching on slow motion that move wasn't a grab, it just looked like it by Dragunov's arm placement, so it was a move. The intro with Victor is great too, highlighted even more by the new variant of the arena stage with low lighting, what looks to be no audience and lit up by only red lights and some neutral white lights. I do prefer this version over the lit up with audience arena. Dragunov's Rage Art is kinda lacking, similar to his T7 one but it's far better looking at least. I already have Dragunov in a I'll dabble with him group of characters but do feel like I will give him a more serious try out of that bunch to see if I'll use him more.

So uh, wasn't Kuma today, should be safe to say him, Yoshimitsu or Shaheen should be the next three in some order though.

RE: Tekken 8 | Reina Revealed - Moonface - Dec 6th, 2023

(Nov 29th, 2023, 05:29 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Thoughts aside, the trailers are looking to be in the order of the initial reveals, so the order should be Kuma, Yoshimitsu, Shaheen, Dragunov, Feng, Panda, Lee, Alisa, Zafina, and then Devil Jin as the final.
[Image: kratos-mad-computer-trash.gif]

Ahem, anyway... What the heck is that entrance animation?! XD ROFL
Not too keen on Dragunov's Rage Art; I think the screen effect is so overpowering and actually takes away from the impact of the move Dragunov performs because we lose sight of him and the opponent as his fists are coming down.

Having seen the Steve trailer so recently though made me recognize part of the stage background in the Dragunov vs. Victor part of the trailer as matching up with the stage background in Steve vs. Hwoarang. The double fist and entrance ramp are both present but the surrounding areas are different, which makes me wonder if the stage has a use in the Story Mode where it gets changed mid-fight sorta like some of the final boss stages in previous Tekken games. They're clearly the same location but I want to know if there's a reason for why one has such a different style to the other that isn't just "we felt like making an alt".

RE: Tekken 8 | Dragunov Trailer - Mr EliteL - Dec 7th, 2023

The only real reason I prefer his RA to the T7 one is because it's seemingly quicker, as in T7 it goes into first-person of the opponent watching Dragunov approach and then the camera goes out again as he hits them, which was just meh. This one randomly transports both characters into a snowy area which makes no sense if it isn't already the same stage, but I suppose it's to emphasis Dragunov's cold and ruthlessness. Kinda just whatever.

Hmm that could true about the stage change. I don't remember the normal daytime/lit up stage having a hazard either so that's another difference, so something must happen for whatever reason.

RE: Tekken 8 | Dragunov Trailer - Moonface - Dec 7th, 2023

I expect the snow effect is just a visual reference to Dragunov's cold nature or the fact that he's the white angel of death. I don't think it's a jarring visual really, I just dislike how obstructive it gets.

For those stages, the Steve vs. Hwoarang one doesn't have hazards which makes sense because it looks like it's meant to be a location similar to the final stage of T4 where the crowd gets to spectate a fight officially, while the other version of it looks like it's supposed to be a more serious tone as if whoever the stage belongs to got annoyed and went no prisoners mode.

I also saw some leaks today for the first DLC pack but I don't think it's legit. It seemed to have someone entirely new in it and I think it's odd to add a brand new character as DLC but I forget if T7 did that.