Universal Gaming
Tekken 8 | Season 1 Trailer - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tekken 8 | Season 1 Trailer (/showthread.php?tid=1578)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Tekken 8 | Feng, Panda, CBT, TGS Coverage - Moonface - Oct 10th, 2023

I swear this game can't have anything revealed without it being leaked first. Someone on Twitter has shared screenshots of a yet to be announced mode: https://twitter.com/volskimmer/status/1711742146917917087?s=46&t=w9td4FZz74Qwy4DLK4vbiA

If you're curious what the mode is, I'll hint it in stages so you can decide how far to go:
  1. Is the mode brand new or a returning one? Returning.
  2. What is the mode? Tekken Force/Scenario Mode

RE: Tekken 8 | Feng, Panda, CBT, TGS Coverage - Mr EliteL - Oct 11th, 2023

Ah I've not seen this leak yet, although YouTube algorithm might mess that up soon with someone posting/uploading about it. I looked at the first option of brand new or returning, makes me feel like it's a Tekken Force type mode because that's the mode people have been crying or asking for the most that I've seen.

RE: Tekken 8 | Feng, Panda, CBT, TGS Coverage - Moonface - Oct 19th, 2023

Tekken 8 | Costume Presets Video
Bandai Namco have put out a video showing off all of the preset costumes for every character that will be in the next beta that starts tomorrow, for anyone who is curious about them but lacks access to the beta to see it themselves.

Not sure if T7 had the feature or not but I like that costumes aren't tied to buttons anymore so you can see up front what your options are. It's also crazy to see how fast the models load in compared to when T6 was using in-game models on the character select screens.

RE: Tekken 8 | Costume Presets Video - Mr EliteL - Oct 19th, 2023

There's also a couple of first looks by IGN but I'm not too bothered about watching them as I'll be on there soon. I got the gist of Arcade Quest and such when it was first revealed and they had a short video showing it. Well I'll be playing the weekend anyway not sure about how much time I'll get tomorrow.

For the costumes they're looking great. It's no surprise they've given everyone their T7 default outfit as a preset option, plus they all still look good or better (visually compared to T7 visuals) in them. Yeah Tag 2 and T7 did that showing which costume you're selecting and having a small preview of it, as long as you don't simply press X, think it's circle or square.

RE: Tekken 8 | Costume Presets Video - Moonface - Oct 31st, 2023

Tekken 8 | Devil Jin, Zafina, Alisa Bosconovich, and Lee Chaolan Reveal Trailer
A new trailer courtesy of IGN First has revealed the next four roster additions for Tekken 8:  Devil Jin, Zafina, Alisa Bosconovich, and Lee Chaolan.

The trailer also ends showing that we'll get two more character reveals on November 2 and November 12. According to the video description, these will be the final two characters being added to the roster for the games launch.

RE: Tekken 8 | Costume Presets Video - Mr EliteL - Oct 31st, 2023

Thank you stupid YT suggesting a video not IGNs that shows the characters revealed in the display picture, giving me zero hype. Wish I got to see this live so I'd actually have some excitement but whatever. Devil Jin, although understandably, and Zafina returning is cool, Lee and Alisa were a given. Disappointed Lee's new outfit isn't fabulous, it's just alright so here's to hoping his 3rd costume will be. Or I'll settle with T7's again. Devil Jin is shown extending a certain cutscene which does look like a part of the main story, so Jin still hasn't fully got control perhaps, unless it's meant to be DJ's episode showing an alternate outcome.

The remaining two should be brand new characters, I already know one name thanks spoiling idiots or my foolish self going to read comments, but at least don't know what they look like.

However do I pre-order now or not(?), is the question I ask myself.

RE: Tekken 8 | Costume Presets Video - Moonface - Oct 31st, 2023

I've seen a lot of comments expressing disappointment over Lee's outfit, (as well as his use of "marvelous" instead of "excellent"), but I expect he'll get his T7 outfit as one of his alts and even then I'm sure the character customization will provide plenty of outfits that resemble his earlier appearances.

As for the remaining two, I haven't seen anything for them (not even predictions) so I had no clue who either could be, but you mentioning one being a new character I actually now recall a leak from absolutely ages ago about a new character that hasn't been shown yet and I assume this is who you're referring to. If the other character isn't new too then I have no clue who it could be and if that was leaked I don't remember it at all right now.

RE: Tekken 8 | 4 New Characters Revealed - Mr EliteL - Nov 2nd, 2023

I'm fine with Lee saying "Marvelous!", still suits him. "Brilliant" would've been crap, although "Brilliance" might work...for some reason a "ss" or "cc" like "Excellent" just goes well with his voice. XD Also I'm now more OK with Lee's battle suit now though after seeing the new character and the fact weapons are being used more, gives more believability he can withstand attacks from weapons. There also seemed to be a new stage during his segment too, don't think it's the same as the one shown today. Anyway;

Tekken 8 | Victor Chevalier Reveal & Gameplay Trailer + New Stage
Voiced by French actor Vincent Cassel

An older gentleman, cool. Also seems to take some moves from Noctis so that should be a hint Noctis won't return, not like guests characters should, although I'd be fine with Geese personally. Anyway, Victor uses a lot of weapons/gadgets in his moveset which just looks crazy, Noctis had a few different weapons too, the usage making sense with more characters using their own now, but eh whatever.

RE: Tekken 8 | 4 New Characters + Victor Revealed - Moonface - Nov 2nd, 2023

Apparently his voice actor is very famous in France and is surprising the French people in the comments of the video as they didn't expect someone that famous would be in the game.
Also when Victor's name came up with "from France" I was really expecting the announcer to just be "VICTOR CHEVALIER..... FROM FRANCE!!!" XD

His sword gives really strong Raiden vibes from Metal Gear Rising, and I'm curious what his bio will reveal on the official website once it gets added. Surprisingly none of the four characters from the last trailer are on the Japanese website yet, which I thought would've been updated before the Western one would be.

RE: Tekken 8 | 4 New Characters + Victor Revealed - Mr EliteL - Nov 3rd, 2023

I didn't realise who it was at first so I disregarded, but when I looked the actor up then I knew who. I should mention him in the post really.

I never mentioned this but I barely played during the CBT. I did play on the Friday but before work and as that was so close to when the CBT begun it was really laggy, probably due to the amount of people using it at once I assumed, but that just turned me off playing the rest of the weekend. Well the matches were lagging, the Arcade Quest hub area wasn't and I managed to create an Avatar which I made to look like Lee as they had a hairstyle similar to his, with a Violet Systems top as well.

RE: Tekken 8 | 4 New Characters + Victor Revealed - Moonface - Nov 6th, 2023

Do you keep the avatar you made for Arcade Quest in the final release or did it get wiped like everything else when the CBT ended?

Also, the bios are up for the recently revealed characters, so here's anything notable from them for you EL since you can't access the US site:

Lee Chaolan
  • Violet Systems still exists.
  • Teamed up with Lars to form the rebel army Yggdrasil to combat Kazuya and G-Corp.
  • Alongside Dr. B, has developed an enormous flying boat, "Víðópnir," in addition to developing mobile warfare units using motorbikes.
  • His new outfit is a next-gen battle suit, called the Violet Suit, and is perfect for close-range combat that will act as a trump card against the enemy's impenetrable armor.
Alisa Bosconovitch
  • The function that was usable by Jin to control her is no longer present, although it is not known how.
  • As a result, she has free will and plans to use it to continue to assist Lars.
  • The lack of the control function was discovered by Dr. B when performing work on Alisa after she came to him with concerns about having a critical malfunction due to constant thoughts about Lars which cause her body temperature to rise. Dr. B discovers this is not a malfunction.
Zafina
  • Travels to the HQ of the Sirius Marksmen seeking help over Azazel trapped within her left arm, but collapses upon arrival.
  • Awakens in the care of Xiaoyu and Claudio, the latter of whom is applying a holy seal to her arm.
  • The three agree to work together going forward.
  • Of the countless futures she has seen, only one provides a way out, but at great cost.
Devil Jin
  • kekw he literally has a two sentence bio that basically just says he's the devil and will murder us all. ROFL
Victor Chevalier
  • Founded the UN's independent forces.
  • Descended from a lineage of distinguished knights, and enlists in the French Navy.
  • Earns himself the nickname "Phantom Raven," and is looked upon with both fear and awe by others in the military.
  • Joined the UN after leaving the Navy, but founds an independent force under the UN in preparation for the impending war by G-Corp that he senses will happen.
  • Dubbed the "Raven Unit," this elite team conduct special ops all over the world.
  • Enters the upcoming tournament to take on Kazuya directly to stop G-Corp.

RE: Tekken 8 | 4 New Characters + Victor Revealed - Mr EliteL - Nov 7th, 2023

I have no idea about the Avatar for certain but I assume it won't carry over to the final game from the CBT but the customisation options will still be available so I can just make the Avatar again easily. The customisation doesn't get too in-depth like sliders to change sizes of a body part or whatever so will be simple enough. Possibly have a bit more options too maybe.

Yeah thought Lee's battle suit will have that kind of purpose except not sure what G-Corp's impenetrable armor will be, perhaps Jack-8 or some other special armored unit Kazuya/G-Corp have at their disposal. Plus knew he was going to work with Lars and cool Dr B is still about and has a presence, so there'll be bigger roles for characters like Lee who were just barely on the side of the main conflict. Same with Xiaoyu, Claudio and now Zafina with them, Victor as a new contender against Kazuya and so on.

Now that I'm thinking about it perhaps there'll be room for Story DLC down the line, perhaps have an actual finish to the base game Story mode but leaving it open for some extra content to come with DLC characters. Then again I don't really care if it does happen or not like Mortal Kombat has done, and does depend on how well T8 and first batch of DLC sells.

RE: Tekken 8 | 4 New Characters + Victor Revealed - Moonface - Nov 8th, 2023

I would assume the impenetrable armor of G-Corp will be the Jack-8 line, since if it was something related directly to Kazuya and his Devil power I don't think it would be referenced as being the armor of G-Corp.

I'd be surprised if this game had a story DLC. Correct me if I'm wrong but the story for T7 didn't use every character within it, so I doubt T8 will either and anyone who will be in the story is already going to be in the roster. Inserting someone else in via DLC will just make the story weaker because it'll disrupt the flow it already establishes, and anyone who doesn't buy the DLC will just outright miss out on that story content which Tekken has never done.

However, if the DLC was story focused and did this, I'd buy a copy of the game just to buy the DLC: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/17qchzc/jins_tekken_8_ending_leaked_bigskonk/
I have no clue how the voice was done for that video but it is ridiculously legit like the T4 voice, and I want to see more of this silly shit. ROFL

RE: Tekken 8 | 4 New Characters + Victor Revealed - Mr EliteL - Nov 13th, 2023

Tekken 8 | Reina Reveal & Gameplay Trailer

Reina rounds up the base roster for Tekken 8. Showing off some moves inspired by Heihachi/Mishima style, she may become a new threat for Jin and Kazuya.

I was starting to see the name prop up and that she's a daughter of Heihachi, I mean he at least trained her judging by the moves she has, similar to Heihachi teaching Jin in his early days prior to Tekken 3. Ugh, I need to stop looking at comments or whatever darn it. Anyway, her design is fine, I immediately thought of Asuka from her appearance and perhaps this is what she could've been, be an actual notable character in the Mishima/Kazama conflict as Reina looks like she'll actually be more involved in the story than what Asuka has been. The hoodie is what I most dislike about her, wish it was something like a longcoat but perhaps not, I'll see if I can remove it in customisation anyway. I already prefer her over Victor and Azucena, Victor is just too much really, so I will give Reina a more serious play.

There was also a Tekken Talk but I've not seen all of it yet as it's not a singular video yet, just bits from other videos uploaded by content creators. I wasn't able to stay up with the event taking place at 1AM my time and it was going to be a T7 tournament first or whatever, hell no I was staying up for all of that when I was already too tired at 10PM.

RE: Tekken 8 | Reina Revealed - Moonface - Nov 14th, 2023

Your comment about Reina resembling Asuka a lot isn't the first time I've seen that @Mr EliteL; that was one of the most common criticisms of Reina's design that I saw when I went reading comments around the internet after watching the video. For me I wish her hair was a bit wilder like everyone else in the Mishima bloodline has, but maybe her hair isn't like that because perhaps she isn't blood related to Heihachi, or the devs just didn't want it to be revealed through her design whether she is blood related or not since we don't get her surname. It would align with her bio on the official website, which is as follows:

Official Tekken Website Wrote:
REINA
PURPLE LIGHTNING
STYLE: UNKNOWN
Meet Reina, the mysterious fighter who uses lightning-quick moves to overwhelm anyone who dares face her. Other than the fact she's a student of the Mishima Polytechnical School, everything else about her is shrouded in mystery.
Either way, she's clearly close to Heihachi given her fighting style and stage, and her stage music is a remix of Heihachi's Tekken 2 stage theme (and it's heckin' dope btw!). Although the biggest giveaway is obviously the Heihachi silhouette in her rage art thing at the end (I keep forgetting what these things are actually called...) which looks really cool. Grin