Universal Gaming
Is a Hotdog a Sandwich? - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Is a Hotdog a Sandwich? (/showthread.php?tid=1721)

Is a Hotdog a Sandwich? - Moonface - Mar 20th, 2024

Ever questioned if a hotdog is a sandwich? I present to you the definitive answer to knowing if something is a sandwich or not!

The Cube Rule of Food/Sandwich Identification

As you can clearly see, a hotdog is a taco. Fight me. Whistle

RE: Is a Hotdog a Sandwich? - queenzelda - Mar 20th, 2024

I will accept that a hot dog is a taco if I can blend the hot dog meat, then cook it and place it into a taco shell. Tongue

RE: Is a Hotdog a Sandwich? - Moonface - Mar 20th, 2024

(Mar 20th, 2024, 09:47 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
I will accept that a hot dog is a taco if I can blend the hot dog meat, then cook it and place it into a taco shell. Tongue
Would you need to blend a hotdog actually or could you just remove the casing? It's already a mixture of ground meats anyway, just held together by the casing. Hmm

RE: Is a Hotdog a Sandwich? - ShiraNoMai - Mar 21st, 2024

okay once that article got into salads it lost the plot for me, wtf

I do enjoy that a corndog is a calzone though, sure i'll take that XD

RE: Is a Hotdog a Sandwich? - queenzelda - Mar 21st, 2024

(Mar 20th, 2024, 10:01 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Mar 20th, 2024, 09:47 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Would you need to blend a hotdog actually or could you just remove the casing? It's already a mixture of ground meats anyway, just held together by the casing. Hmm

Depends on what kind of hotdog ya want. Most brat hotdogs are in casings, while most store-bought hotdogs aren't as easily taken out of their casing. :p

RE: Is a Hotdog a Sandwich? - shadow - Mar 22nd, 2024

Na, a hotdog is definitely a sammich. You have condiments, then meat, all inside a bun thus it is logically a sammich.

RE: Is a Hotdog a Sandwich? - queenzelda - Mar 22nd, 2024

Idk I could just eat a warm hotdog plain, no bun and it's still just a hotdog. :p

RE: Is a Hotdog a Sandwich? - Mr EliteL - Mar 23rd, 2024

A hotdog is a hotdog, if I have to class it as anything I'll call it a burger because burgers are associated with freshly cooked meat inside a bun of some sort, a hotdog is a sausage or a similar type of shape also just been cooked in a bun. Now begins is a burger a sandwich so my..."logic" now has hotdog fall under the same if I do regard burger a sandwich, but I don't, I just call them as they are because I can't be bothered to categorise them all into one as I want to know which of three I'm going to get; a hotdog, burger or sandwich! *sigh* I saw taco in here too, but just please enough a taco is a taco and nothing more! *shot*
...it's food, keep it simple and just eat the darn thing. XD

RE: Is a Hotdog a Sandwich? - Kyng - Apr 5th, 2024

Personally, I use this definition of 'sandwich': "Sandwich: Filling between top and bottom pieces of bread".

In particular, hot dogs do not meet this definition of 'sandwich', because they don't have right structure: they don't have a 'top' and 'bottom' piece of bread (and if you tried to set it up that way, it'd just make a mess Tongue ).

With that being said, I've never subscribed to the Cube Rule... and given how ridiculous many of its assertions are, I assume it was only ever meant as a joke Tongue .

RE: Is a Hotdog a Sandwich? - ShiraNoMai - Apr 6th, 2024

I have actually tried a hotdog served on two slices of bread before when I was out of buns. It is... not ideal, but it's doable. ROFL