Universal Gaming
Fallout | TV Show - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Fallout | TV Show (/showthread.php?tid=1734)

Fallout | TV Show - Moonface - Apr 21st, 2024

If you're looking to discuss the Fallout games, head over to our Fallout (Series) Discussion Thread. ^_^

Is anyone else here watching this or planning to? I was rather whatever about it during all the pre-release marketing and stuff, but I watched the first episode last night and I really enjoyed it. Not sure when I'll watch the rest though because the episodes are quite long. I was going to share what I speculated would be the reason for the vault experiment to fall apart and cause characters to go to the surface but I can't remember; however, I did like the way the show actually put the vault into disarray. It felt like something the games would go for without just pulling something out of the games themselves.

RE: Fallout | TV Show - Maniakkid25 - Apr 21st, 2024

I have legitimately heard nothing but good things about the Fallout TV series, which is impressive given its a TV adaptation of a video game. Let's be honest, they've been hit-or-miss (looking at you, Halo). I don't really plan on watching it myself, though, because I just don't watch much TV anymore. Still, my friends tell me its quite good.

RE: Fallout | TV Show - Moonface - Apr 21st, 2024

Yeah, I think the biggest positive news I've heard about the show is how sales and player counts for the Fallout games have spiked like crazy. I think New Vegas hit the highest player count of all time yesterday or something if I'm recalling correctly. I can't say I've ever seen any other games getting reports of sale and player count spikes in the wake of show and/or movie releases (granted, some like Mario or Pokemon probably won't really see a spike because of how huge they already are).

I wish I'd been aware that the Fallout games went on a huge sale alongside this show airing because I'd have picked some up. Guess I'll have to wait now for whenever they go on sale again, but at least it gives me time to decide what ones I want to bother picking up.

@Maniakkid25: Since you don't plan to watch it, do you think you'll end up just reading a general plot write-up of the show instead or nah?

RE: Fallout | TV Show - Maniakkid25 - Apr 21st, 2024

Maybe? I doubt it, tbh. I'll probably just hear little plot beats here and there from my friends as they go on about it. Given a chance, they will go on LOOOOOOONG dives about any show that crosses their path.

RE: Fallout | TV Show - ShiraNoMai - Apr 22nd, 2024

We don't really watch too much TV anymore either (Moony has been generally very tired as of late) but we try to when we can, though these hour long episodes are like little movies, so we gotta space'em out for sure.

Regardless, from the first episode, I'm hooked. Definitely wanna see where this pans out and goes.

RE: Fallout | TV Show - Moonface - Apr 28th, 2024

For anyone who hasn't started the series yet and may, I'm gonna make it very clear that episode two has an incredibly messed up opening.

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING: ANIMAL CRUELTY ⚠️
The episode opens with a puppy being tossed nonchalantly into an incinerator.

It's rare I find things genuinely shocking emotionally in stuff but this one definitely got that reaction out of me. 

That aside, the second episode was pretty good. The camera work is superb and I love The Ghoul character. Somehow he feels like a Tarantino character. LOL

RE: Fallout | TV Show - ShiraNoMai - Apr 29th, 2024

I'm in love with almost all the characters at this point. They all bring something interesting to the table, and I love seeing how they all connect, almost in a Durarara!! kind of way.

RE: Fallout | TV Show - Moonface - Apr 29th, 2024

(Apr 29th, 2024, 04:53 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I'm in love with almost all the characters at this point. They all bring something interesting to the table, and I love seeing how they all connect, almost in a Durarara!! kind of way.
The only characters I don't like currently is anyone associated with the Brotherhood of Steel. While I understand they're supposed to be incredibly flawed they just all act in such dislikeable ways for me that if those characters were in a Fallout game I'd have probably shot them all by now. Whistle

RE: Fallout | TV Show - Eric - Apr 30th, 2024

Amazing show, freaking loved it. The captured the feeling of the game so well! Whatever power source it was that the smart dude injected into his neck, I was absolutely convinced it was a chemical that would transform him into a mutant. Also loved the snake oil salesman. Absolutely brutal what he did to that guy, even though he was a jerk.

(sorry I forgot everyone's names hahaha)

RE: Fallout | TV Show - Moonface - May 3rd, 2024

(Apr 30th, 2024, 05:45 AM)Eric Wrote:
I was absolutely convinced it was a chemical that would transform him into a mutant.
Yeah at first I thought the scientist had injected some sort of experimental drug into himself that was maybe meant for the dog originally and he was going to become a super mutant or something.

I finished the last episode yesterday and really liked the direction it went. The Ghoul is still the best character in the show for me followed very closely by Lucy.

Vault 31: I thought the residents of 31 were going to all be whatever the machine race is in Fallout that take on the appearance of humans but aren't. I do wonder though why the trade with 32 still happened when it seems that vault went to shit long before the trade happens and surely 31 would've been aware of it.