Universal Gaming
Dragon Quest (Series) | DQ I&II HD-2D Remakes Announced - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Dragon Quest (Series) | DQ I&II HD-2D Remakes Announced (/showthread.php?tid=1750)

Dragon Quest (Series) | DQ I&II HD-2D Remakes Announced - Moonface - May 27th, 2024

[Image: uYxMEiA.png]
SERIES DISCUSSION THREAD

Today is Dragon Quest Day, so what better time than to make a thread for talking about the entirety of this series and the news (albeit small) that has been announced to mark the occasion? ^_^

Dragon Quest III HD-2D | Platforms Announced
Originally announced back in May 2021 but with radio silence since then, the series official Twitter account revealed that Dragon Quest III HD-2D will be coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, Steam and Microsoft Windows.

Dragon Quest Day 2024 Wallpapers
Although you won't know what they're like prior to downloading them due to being a .zip download, you can grab the official pack of Dragon Quest Day 2024 wallpapers via this link:  http://sqex.link/1wp7

Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Hate | Status Update
Series creator Yuji Horii has shared a short update on the status of Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Hate via social media:

Yuji Horii Wrote:
Thank you so much to everyone for the many [Dragon Quest Day] congratulations! There has been some worry about Dragon Quest XII, but I was actually in a meeting [about it] until just a bit ago. While I can’t share any details yet, I want it to be something worthy of the posthumous work of the two [Akira Toriyama and Koichi Sugiyama] who passed away. I’ll do my best!

RE: Dragon Quest (Series) | DQ Day '24 News - Moonface - Jun 18th, 2024

Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake | Release Date
A new trailer during today's Nintendo Direct revealed that Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake will be released on November 14, 2024.

Dragon Quest I & II HD-2D Remake | Announced
Additionally, the end of the above trailer announced that Dragon Quest I & II will be getting a HD-2D remake, releasing in 2025!

RE: Dragon Quest (Series) | DQ I&II HD-2D Remakes Announced - Dragon Lord - Jun 18th, 2024

A release date for Dragon Quest III 2D-HD Remake...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Seriously though, super hyped! Especially since it falls a day after my birthday, which means it'll be right in time for my yearly 2-3 week birthday vacation!

RE: Dragon Quest (Series) | DQ I&II HD-2D Remakes Announced - Moonface - Jun 19th, 2024

Not sure if it was known beforehand or not, but either way pre-orders are live for the Collector's Edition of Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake: 

Only downside is it seems to be exclusive to the Square Enix store, which I feel like has been mentioned on this forum before as being a little hit or miss at times if I'm not mistaking that for a different storefront.

RE: Dragon Quest (Series) | DQ I&II HD-2D Remakes Announced - Dragon Lord - Jun 20th, 2024

Sadly, that Collector's Edition is an absolute rip-off. They want $200 for what is mostly digital items. No art book, no OST CD. That should be $100 at most.

Compare that to the Visions of Mana CE which is also $200 but comes with a plushie, an art book and a 5 CD Soundtrack collection. It's still a tad overpriced at $200, but at least it comes with physical goods that makes it an easier pill to swallow.

I'm really disappointed in this CE and will sadly be skipping it. I was really excited for it too, thinking they'd actually make it super nice.

RE: Dragon Quest (Series) | DQ I&II HD-2D Remakes Announced - Moonface - Jun 20th, 2024

I hadn't looked at the contents of the CE when I posted it, but going by what's in it I guess a good chunk of the price is for the 23 acrylic figures? Not that I think it makes the package worth $200 mind you.

There's also weirdly going to be a Performance Mode for DQIII HD-2D on PS5, yet I don't think this game should be something pushing that console hard enough to need such a mode if you want better frame rates. Errm
Three difficulty modes are being included too, making the game easier or harder than the base game was.