Universal Gaming
Cartoon Network - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Cartoon Network (/showthread.php?tid=190)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Cartoon Network - Nightingale - Jul 24th, 2018

I'm on a phone, so you know the drill Tongue

KND anyone?

RE: Cartoon Network & Disney Shows - queenzelda - Jul 24th, 2018

I personally didn't like 'Kids Next Door', nor "Ed, Edd & Eddy" as I thought both were kinda.. dumb (no offense). I did love watching Cow & Chicken, Toonami block, & Powerpuff Girls. I also really enjoyed "Phineas & Ferb" too, though "Milo's Murphy's Law" kind of rubbed me the wrong way. It seemed cute, but it came off like they were trying to hard for it or something.

Oh yea, I also loved Ekk the cat & Courage the Cowardly Dog. ♡♡♡

RE: Cartoon Network & Disney Shows - lp0 on fire - Jul 24th, 2018

Ed Edd and Eddy was dumb but had something to it for me. Courage the Cowardly Dog rocked.

RE: Cartoon Network & Disney Shows - Nightingale - Jul 24th, 2018

I actually don't like KND, but I was curious whether it was just me or if it was something more general... show was on the air quite a while. Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy FTW though!

RE: Cartoon Network & Disney Shows - lp0 on fire - Jul 24th, 2018

Billy and Mandy was a decent show too that I completely forgot about, but then they did a reboot or something right?

RE: Cartoon Network & Disney Shows - queenzelda - Jul 24th, 2018

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy was good for a while; until it got too mean for my tastes. D:

RE: Cartoon Network & Disney Shows - Mr EliteL - Jul 24th, 2018

I didn't have access to Cartoon Network on TV so I was at a loss. The main show I watched that was on my TV was Dexter's Laboratory, plus a bit of Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken and Foster's Home for Imaginary Kids. There's probably more, I just can't remember. These were the shows I know I watched though.

RE: Cartoon Network & Disney Shows - Nightingale - Jul 25th, 2018

Cartoon Network seems obsessed with Teen Titans Go! around here. It's on all the freaking time and it is effectively stealing air time from better shows like We Bare Bears.

RE: Cartoon Network & Disney Shows - lp0 on fire - Jul 25th, 2018

(Jul 25th, 2018, 01:35 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Cartoon Network seems obsessed with Teen Titans Go! around here. It's on all the freaking time and it is effectively stealing air time from better shows like We Bare Bears.

"What do people like?"
"Teen Titans!"
"Great! Lets make a reboot that is shitty!"
"sounds good!"
DC: "Lets make a edgy live action version that is not even true to either the comic or either TT Cartoons!"
"Sounds great!"

RE: Cartoon Network & Disney Shows - queenzelda - Jul 25th, 2018

Oh I can't forget "A Pup Named Scooby Doo", omg was I addicted to watching it. I loved the way they had a kid named Red Harring that Fred blamed EVERYTHING on, it was hilarious! More so when Red would call Fred a 'dweeb'. XD

A modern CN show that I'm absolutely hooked to is The Amazing World of Gumball.

It's unique, stupid, funny, intelligent (yes) and just awesome.

@Nightingale did you ever see this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs_oOxjeLh4

Just switched to mobile, so I can't really watch it. Red flags are being risen, though XD

Another show that fills the bill on that is Cartoon Network's Static Shock. MY GOD is it amazing! A true superhero show with deeper topics and complex characters.
I kinda fell from Star vs the Forces of Evil starting season 3. Not sure what but something changed for the worst. Such a shame.

(Jul 25th, 2018, 03:58 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Another show that fills the bill on that is Cartoon Network's Static Shock. MY GOD is it amazing! A true superhero show with deeper topics and complex characters.

I kinda fell from Star vs the Forces of Evil starting season 3. Not sure what but something changed for the worst. Such a shame.

Yeah but it was also annoying, since you only get shocked when you don't expect it Whistle Tongue

I remember way back when Cartoon network would show Masters of the Universe and Thundercats (hoooooo!) never really cared for them well party because they only were on the air when one should have been at school or at home sick.

Xiaolin Showdown was a great show... until they rebooted it. Yuck!

At least it didn't sink as hard as CN's anime block...