Universal Gaming
Otherworldly Being - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Start Screen (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Otherworldly Being (/showthread.php?tid=21)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Otherworldly Being - Moonface - Jul 5th, 2021

I think it was the modifiers in Worms 3D that could let you do crazy things like launching worms really high, as well as doing crazy damage. It's either that game or Worms 4 that also has a no damage option, meaning the only way to kill anyone is to drown them, which gets really fun since you can do things that you wouldn't normally because the damage would kill you. XD

Also, happy 30th birthday! Now you get to join the cool 30's club and leave behind all those scrubs still in their 20's. Cool

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY | Otherworldly Being - Karo - Jul 5th, 2021

Happy Birthday EL! Grin I hope you have a great one! and enjoy your day!

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY | Otherworldly Being - Maniakkid25 - Jul 5th, 2021

Happy birfday, EL. Hope it's going well.

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY | Otherworldly Being - Dragon Lord - Jul 5th, 2021

Happy birthday, Elite! Welcome to being old. 30 is the new 50. Say goodbye to your energy and say hello to constant body aches and yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY | Otherworldly Being - Mr EliteL - Jul 5th, 2021

Thanks Moony, Karo, Maniak and DL. Ahh, when you put it that way Moony, it makes it feel better entering a new decade of my life. XD Whoo hoo to body aches can't wait to sit around to recover, oh wait I do that already.

Day has gone well, relaxing and playing Genshin, watching a bit of Wimbledon and playing cards with my Dad and sister later in the day. I didn't want anything massive anyway, got my Harvester dinner yesterday which went bad and good at the same time somehow. Ordered my usual meal as normal, everyone got theirs but mine didn't arrive at all. Once it was realised we were missing an order, they claimed it was sent to another table but there was another on the way. That meal only had a quarter rotisserie chicken when my order was half, so the other quarter came later. After all that they took the meal off the bill so in the end a free dinner my folks didn't have to pay for. XD I'm fine with that really, what I ate was great anyway plus we understood it was really busy and recently out of the covid restrictions so can be easily forgiven.

I received;
T-shirt & shorts
Fitness gloves and heavy duty garden gloves
Epica - Omega CD
Light The Torch - You Will Be The Death Of Me CD
Hello Panda 1 Chocolate & 1 Strawberry

Other than the garden gloves and I already like Hello Panda, the rest I asked for so good gifts really. A nice short list too. Grin

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY | Otherworldly Being - ShiraNoMai - Jul 5th, 2021

Sick! Glad you enjoyed your day today, man. Happy 30th! ^_^

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY | Otherworldly Being - Mr EliteL - Jul 6th, 2021

Thank you, Shira. Grin

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY | Otherworldly Being - Moonface - Jul 9th, 2021

Continuing our Worms chat, what maps are your favorites?

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY | Otherworldly Being - Mr EliteL - Jul 17th, 2021

Specific Worms maps don't stand out to me, in that I can't remember what ones I actually like. After looking I know I have good memories of. This one from Armageddon (PS1), I remember being the first map I decided I don't care about aiming anything or choosing anything other than the Bazooka and see what happens. XD Another is the King Kong inspired map from Worms 3D, where it's easy to just shoot someone and cause them to fall a great height downwards into the ground or the drink. Randomised maps are the best for Worms anyway, I like both in 2D of enclosed space maps or the maps that have at least two islands to battle it out on, latter probably being more my favourite. I need to play the 3D games again (er not Forts) to remind myself of other maps because seeing images of them aren't enough to make me decide.
The original Worms had a Hell landscape which was my most favourite one to get in the randomiser, you couldn't pick landscape type back then.

RE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY | Otherworldly Being - Moonface - Jul 18th, 2021

Yeah, most of the tall ones are always fun. The beanstalk map was another good one too: https://youtu.be/DbjK065fQiA?t=5752

Worms Big Rig Jig in Worms 4 was another fun one too, mostly because it has a lot of interior stuff so you can get some really fun kills by tossing things like Holy Hand Grenades inside the building. XD

RE: Otherworldly Being - Nightingale - Aug 8th, 2021

I thought it would interest you know that I tried Under Night: In-Birth because of you and it quickly became my favorite fighter ever.

RE: Otherworldly Being - Mr EliteL - Aug 10th, 2021

Oh? Because of me? That's great! Even though I don't own or played it myself, was it because of the BlazBlue Tag Battle topic that got you into it? That, the other BlazBlue games and a bit of Marvel vs Capcom 3 are the 2D fighting games I've played. That style has been fun. Do you main anyone or do you play multiple characters?

RE: Otherworldly Being - Nightingale - Aug 10th, 2021

(Aug 10th, 2021, 11:22 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh? Because of me? That's great! Even though I don't own or played it myself, was it because of the BlazBlue Tag Battle topic that got you into it? That, the other BlazBlue games and a bit of Marvel vs Capcom 3 are the 2D fighting games I've played. That style has been fun. Do you main anyone or do you play multiple characters?

Yeah, precisely. You sold the Blazblue franchise in general so well that I had to give it a go and eventually settled with the UIB line of characters from TB.

I... unlocked everything because I became a freak and beat it with all characters XD But I favor Linne.

Any other 2D fighters you recommend?

RE: Otherworldly Being - Mr EliteL - Aug 13th, 2021

Cool! Sounds like you did enjoy it if you managed to beat the game with all the characters, I take you meant their stories or whatever they have that lets you use every character. Is there individual challenges for each character too? TB and Blazblue do that, that I know of. The only game from Blazblue I spent most time in with different characters was Continuum Shift, which is the best one out of the 4.5 I own (I have Continuum Shift II on 3DS).

Recommendation, hmm. I'm not playing any fighting games at the moment. I would say Blazblue but the last game was Central Fiction and unsure of any after that, there was something brewing but, ah yeah an IOS game so nahhh. XD Unless you can find CF (or if lucky, CS Extend), but that's jumping into a game where it's well into it's story, although it does give a backstory of what's happened, but maybe that won't bother you.
For games that have been out more recently, I was interested in Granblue Fantasy Versus but didn't get mainly because other games took interest over that, but you could look into that perhaps. Guilty Gear Strive could be another, released in June so still relatively fresh. I dabbled a bit in Revelator but couldn't get into it unfortunately, but that was around the time my love for fighting games started to dwindle and now it could almost be gone. I hope it comes back though, even if Smash Ultimate and Tekken 7 were my last fighting games I was really into and I don't play either much anymore. I want to get back into TB too. Ooh! One game I am kind of thinking about is King Of Fighters 15 for 2022 so that's in development at the moment, I haven't played a KOF game before and if I get interested enough maybe that will be my answer or I actually try out Granblue Fantasy Versus. So maybe KOF 14? Just check some trailers/gameplay of what I've, er suggested(?), first. Sorry if that was no help. XD

RE: Otherworldly Being - Nightingale - Aug 13th, 2021

(Aug 13th, 2021, 07:25 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Cool! Sounds like you did enjoy it if you managed to beat the game with all the characters, I take you meant their stories or whatever they have that lets you use every character. Is there individual challenges for each character too? TB and Blazblue do that, that I know of. The only game from Blazblue I spent most time in with different characters was Continuum Shift, which is the best one out of the 4.5 I own (I have Continuum Shift II on 3DS).

Recommendation, hmm. I'm not playing any fighting games at the moment. I would say Blazblue but the last game was Central Fiction and unsure of any after that, there was something brewing but, ah yeah an IOS game so nahhh. XD Unless you can find CF (or if lucky, CS Extend), but that's jumping into a game where it's well into it's story, although it does give a backstory of what's happened, but maybe that won't bother you.
For games that have been out more recently, I was interested in Granblue Fantasy Versus but didn't get mainly because other games took interest over that, but you could look into that perhaps. Guilty Gear Strive could be another, released in June so still relatively fresh. I dabbled a bit in Revelator but couldn't get into it unfortunately, but that was around the time my love for fighting games started to dwindle and now it could almost be gone. I hope it comes back though, even if Smash Ultimate and Tekken 7 were my last fighting games I was really into and I don't play either much anymore. I want to get back into TB too. Ooh! One game I am kind of thinking about is King Of Fighters 15 for 2022 so that's in development at the moment, I haven't played a KOF game before and if I get interested enough maybe that will be my answer or I actually try out Granblue Fantasy Versus. So maybe KOF 14? Just check some trailers/gameplay of what I've, er suggested(?), first. Sorry if that was no help. XD

Yeah, you get to do boss rushes, survivals and other challenges with each individual character. It is pretty neat and it lets you unlock all sort of good stuff (like character art, alternative opening cinematics, new loading themes...).

And yes, that was a lot of help. Thank you Smile