Universal Gaming
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (/showthread.php?tid=215)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - ShiraNoMai - Dec 30th, 2020

I feel like the designers are constantly taking into account the amount of people that are trying to game the system that Animal Crossing provides with it being "always online", and by proxy are actively making the game that much more frustrating for those players that aren't trying to do that. It's like trying to put DRM and other nonsense to stop pirating. Newsflash: Pirates will ALWAYS find a way. Stop hurting everyone for the sake of a few bad eggs ruining it for everyone Eh

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Jan 3rd, 2021

I just don't get the point of it. All it does is encourage things like Nookazon and discourages playing the game to get the recipes.

I will say though that the New Years event was done very well. I just wish that it was the one time where the store villagers were also present though. Eh

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - ShiraNoMai - Jan 5th, 2021

Like I said, it's such a moot point cuz "pirates will always be pirates" no matter what. You're just hurting everyone by trying to stop the elite few.

I can't believe it's almost gonna be a year since launch soon. I wonder if they'll edit the events at all to rebalance the spawns?

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Jan 5th, 2021

The most I'd expect to see changed with events is adding in a few new items, otherwise there's no reason to do them again. Bunny Day was already annoying the first time, but to have to be forced into it again having all the recipes and eggs from last year and get nothing new from any of it is going to suck. Especially because that event screws with the Spring Blossom recipe drops. Hmph

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - ShiraNoMai - Jan 27th, 2021

January Update Trailer: Pavé, Festivale & More!

The update, which goes live on January 28th, features a new event: Festivale! Mardis Gras inspired, this event introduces Pavé, a dance-loving Peacock who will hand out new recipes in exchange for falling Feathers.
A few new furniture items were added as well, such as American Football themed items (to go with Super Bowl Sunday coming up) as well as some new reactions.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Jan 27th, 2021

Nintendo really need to do a better job with their trailers. There's a lot of new items coming that weren't shown, but I've seen them in screenshots with Japanese text, so I assume that there's a Japanese trailer out there somewhere (I can't find it on YT) that has more content in it. I've seen so many complaints about how there aren't any Valentine's Day or Groundhog Day items coming because they simply didn't know that it actually is since the trailer fails to make any mention of them.

As for the event itself, it's just the Wisp event but reskinned with a bird and some new items. I expect like most events in this game it'll last all of 10 minutes and then be utterly worthless.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - ShiraNoMai - Jan 29th, 2021

I found the YouTube trailer from Japan, but it's identical to the international versions; however, I did find an article that was shared on the "Doubutsu no Mori" (Animal Crossing) twitter, which showcases all those items and more: https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/703cc041-e5ff-4399-b70b-33fe7e4f49d9

I presume Nintendo didn't find it within their interest to add that to the video because it's not necessarily part of the "update", it's just seasonal add-ons, to them. I dunno why I'm trying to justify their ways but LOL

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Feb 2nd, 2021

It isn't necessarily significant stuff but it does make the update seem less than what it really is when they don't cover everything or even allude to there being more that players can wait to discover for themselves.

Anyway, so the next update is that Mario 35th Anniversary one. Anyone got any hopes or guesses for items that'll get added?

I expect there to be a warp pipe as a furniture piece that comes in different colours. Not sure what the mushroom could be. The star from 64 will probably be a light. I just saw while posting this that New Leaf had Mario items, but I hope that this update isn't just porting all of those over 1:1 and that they either change some of them or at least add new stuff.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Mr EliteL - Feb 4th, 2021

Perhaps the mushroom will be something that can be grown either by the player/NPC or in a special area naturally, but not edible or whatever you can do with food like items. Maybe a Fire Flower too. Or maybe I'm giving updates too much credit as I've read they've seem to be lacklustre in what you can do/get from them. XD

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Feb 4th, 2021

@Mr EliteL: The only food like items in AC:NH are just decorative. Pumpkins are the only growable food item, but they're only used to make Halloween furniture rather than any decorative food items.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Mr EliteL - Feb 5th, 2021

Booo. Still kinda wouldn't mind seeing Fire/Ice Flowers becoming a type of plant in the ground. Or just decorative which is most likely if they are in. Don't even know why I want to see 'em.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - ShiraNoMai - Feb 6th, 2021

All I gotta say is: I will riot if there is no Yoshi plush that I can display in my room. Angry ROFL

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Feb 17th, 2021

Super Mario Collaboration Items Revealed
The Super Mario 35th Anniversary items that are coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons have been revealed in a new trailer during today's Nintendo Direct.

As the trailer shows, items include costumes such as Mario, Luigi and Peach, along with the Super Mushroom, Blocks, Question Blocks, Thwomps, Life Mushrooms, Fire Flowers, Large/Small Mushrooms, Coins, a Flagpole, and Warp Pipes. You can only place two Warps Pipes on your island, but they can be used to travel between two areas of your island instantly.

The update containing these items will be available February 25, but the items won't be available to purchase from Nook Shopping until March 1.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons | Super Mario Items - Ararera - Mar 13th, 2021

I absolutely remembered to get the Mario series items (minus the costumes), but the 5 item a day limit really killed my spirit lol. I'm still trying to figure out a clever placement for my 2 warp pipes but all I can think of is to have a fast travel system between Nook's and Able's which are separated by a lot of space. Not sure yet!

I've got the Shamrock rug this week also but I'm still waiting for the green drink to appear in the promotional items tab. Grin

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons | Super Mario Items - Moonface - Mar 13th, 2021

I'd probably put my warp pipes at my house and the airport, or if not directly at the airport then somewhere between it and my shopping district (which I didn't finish yet).

I feel you with the 5 items per day thing though, since I often need to order extra garden lanterns from it. On the bright side, you can keep the items in your mailbox until you need them to save on storage space. Tongue