Universal Gaming
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (/showthread.php?tid=215)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Feb 23rd, 2020

I wonder what limit will be set on villagers because there's 383 of them, and I doubt you're going to be able to have all of them (or even a quarter) live on your island. XD

Also, what island layout is everyone picking when they start?

[Image: VOHxy86.png]

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - queenzelda - Feb 24th, 2020

In the end the isle you choose doesn't even matter since you can change the layout of the land eventually anyhow.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Feb 24th, 2020

True, but you still need to live on that island the way it is for a considerable amount of time and having some stuff perhaps set up already will save you having to terraform large areas of the island. Tongue

I'm probably going to go with the bottom left layout because I like the way the rivers are set up in that one. I might do the top right but that random stretch of water it has would probably have to be filled in or altered.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - queenzelda - Feb 26th, 2020

I'm thinking like with New Leaf, you reset & get 4 different ones that you can choose from.
Some new info;

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Feb 26th, 2020

(Feb 26th, 2020, 08:28 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
I'm thinking like with New Leaf, you reset & get 4 different ones that you can choose from.
Oh, there's more than just the four island layouts? I thought everything we saw was all we had to pick from. XD
Although I wouldn't mind if that was the case because you can terraform the islands in this one.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - queenzelda - Feb 27th, 2020

If you reset in New Leaf there is. I'm assuming the same with New Horizons, but we'll see.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Mar 2nd, 2020

Did anyone else see the setup Nintendo did for this game at PAX East?! Wow

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Karo - Mar 5th, 2020

So when it comes to AC I am obviously am hyped about it! I wanted to add something that I think a lot of people miss when it comes to the whole, Why is everyone in your home on a single island? I remember reading somewhere in an interview and I'm looking for the article, but the reason why I think it stays this way is because for like a developer it is a way for him to actually play with his kids and his family even if they weren't actively playing together and I think that very true.

It something that a lot of people don't seem to really appreciate, but if you were a busy guy and you came home late and you couldn't really interact with your kids in the original animal crossing living in the same town means you could send them gifts, write them letter, or just start a little treasure hunt. Nowadays most people seem to want full control of their town and a town to themselves which I think was probably most encouraged like say in the Wild World days where everyone had their own DS and then with the 3DS so it not that surprising.

Now couild it also be a lil bit of greed? It could be, but I think the design choice just really comes down to having your family in a single town was a nice way to create bonding moment even if you weren't there.

So I am loving the fact that I can change my look at any time with a mirror because I am incredibly indecisive, but I am also going to miss the personality test at the beginning of the game even if I cheated I still thought it was a really cute addition.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Mar 5th, 2020

Here's some gameplay footage from PAX East:

The museum is the part I skipped to at the end because I'm most excited for that. I like that there's areas in certain rooms you can stand and it pans the camera out so you can get good photos or just see everything. Also, that stepped aquarium when they first enter is sick and I want to try and replicate that in Minecraft! Grin

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - queenzelda - Mar 5th, 2020

I can't wait to name my isle. It'll be the same name I've given each place since the Wii; Bacon. :p Also, if there are any animals I don't like I'll probably end up walling them off from civilization once I get my permit to build my isle how I want it. XD

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Karo - Mar 6th, 2020

The neat thing about the gameplay is just seeing all the quality of life features added since new leaf. Storage has been streamlined and greatly improved and so has the whole changing your look. I wonder what happen to our poodle friend though? Maybe she can be a special guest?

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - queenzelda - Mar 6th, 2020

(Mar 6th, 2020, 02:53 AM)Yuri Wrote:
The neat thing about the gameplay is just seeing all the quality of life features added since new leaf. Storage has been streamlined and greatly improved and so has the whole changing your look. I wonder what happen to our poodle friend though? Maybe she can be a special guest?

I know that Resetti is the leader of the Rescue Squad, so maybe the others who were retired became a part of that? Idk, just a thought.

I ALSO know that you can scan in Animal Crossing amiibo & amiibo cards, so if you pulled a Shampoodle mayve she'll visit that way. I know not all cards won't be usable day one, but enough will to keep it interesting.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Karo - Mar 6th, 2020

That was him? I thought it was a different character answering the phone than him? I could be wrong I think will have to wait and see! I would love to see that every character makes a return cause it always a pleasure seeing familiar faces.

I also hope that they bring back the dream suite mainly because it really created a lot of interesting story towns and I'm pretty sure I'm goign to have to be the one to do this...

@Moonface I'm call you out Mr. Moony as a newcomer to the series it is time you are introduced to the wonderful horror village of Aika's Village https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pSoYOiJWTI there multiple videos on it, but I figured I'd give one of my old fav Let's player talking about it and taking you on a tour. Creepy Gaming also did one that tell the story as well and I'm sure you could also google the story if you'd rather do it that way, but I think a video tour is the best way.

In AC:New leaf lots of people made these horror dream town that told stories and oddly enough horror stories and I really hope this come back in New Horizons. Smile

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - queenzelda - Mar 6th, 2020

I doubt the dream suite will make a return, but you never know. XD As for Resetti being the leader of the rescue team; gonintendo talks about it. resetti sauce

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Karo - Mar 7th, 2020

I hope that it does or else how will we have all these fun story towns? I loved Aika Village tbh! I hope to find Resettin asap he def one of my favorites!