Universal Gaming
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (/showthread.php?tid=215)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Jun 25th, 2020

My island theme is just something rustic and wooded looking. It doesn't need a large amount of work since a lot of it involves trees. Tongue

Also I'm super hyped for this upcoming update!

I expected swimming to be added at some point but it's still exciting to see. Although it sucks for Southern Hemisphere players who probably won't get any updates until the North gets them later.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - queenzelda - Jul 3rd, 2020

I'll check my southern hemisphere island & let you know how it goes. Atmo, since the update I love the swimming!

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Jul 7th, 2020

Oh you didn't pick a Northern Hemisphere island @"sunshine queen"?
Also, since you've got a five star island, how often do you get those Lily of the Valley flowers?

I really like the swimming too. I was worried about seeing the boundary nets from the shore, but I like that they only fade in when you get close to them. If I had one criticism about swimming, I dislike that you can't release anything you catch unless you have a full inventory and catch something else. If I can release something after catching something else on a full inventory I should be able to release it at any time in the water.

Also, if anyone wishes that the wetsuit could be put onto a wand, the best thing to do is make the wetsuit your standard outfit and then use the wand to put costumes on top of it. That way you only need to remove it when you shop at the Able Sisters and you don't have to keep taking off your shoes when you go swimming if you want to play to the idea of keeping your shoes dry.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - ShiraNoMai - Jul 9th, 2020

I think she has two islands, IIRC? Hmm

Loving the update so far. The diving/swimming is a pretty chill activity, and the pay off to some of the critters is pretty nice as well =3

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - queenzelda - Jul 9th, 2020

Actually, yea I have 2 switches. I have a Switch Lite & a regular Switch that way I can stream it. For the Switch Lite I choose Southern. For the regular one, it's northern. That way I have the best of both worlds. Also, as long as my island is at 5 stars I get in lily of the valley growing in my town about once per week. Which is fine by me. I have so far moved two of the flowers to the entrance & plan to move more over to the front of my town.

My only issue with the swimming is that there are no jellyfish to sting you like in New Leaf, but I'm weird. :p

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Jul 28th, 2020

As expected, the next update brings fireworks, as well as the ability to visit other players islands by going to sleep.

Looks cute, but I'm waiting for that Fall update! OwO

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Karo - Aug 10th, 2020

I'm hoping that Aiko's village will return in some form or another with the introduction of the dream suite. Smile

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Aug 10th, 2020

I've heard there are horror themed villages in New Horizons. Some players have been reporting them because they don't find them child friendly. Rolleyes

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - queenzelda - Sep 3rd, 2020

Oh yea, I've seen some streamers even go to the nightmare towns & stream them. I just wonder if we're going to be planting crops sometime in Oct or Nov myself. xD

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Sep 3rd, 2020

If anything to do with crops was going to be added to the game, it would definitely be for a Fall Harvest event. I doubt eating food will do anything though so maybe if you can eat stuff it'll just be for fun like how villagers do it, and otherwise the stuff you grow can be used for crafting decorations somehow.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Sep 25th, 2020

OH MY GOD THE HYPE! Wow

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - queenzelda - Sep 25th, 2020

I just watched that video this morning. I went into my town & cleared away a flower area so I could grow pumpkins there for dyi based Halloween items. Just 5 more days & I'll be planting pumpkins & getting ready for Halloween: woot!

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - ShiraNoMai - Sep 25th, 2020

That song is so catchy; cant wait for the update either!

We should turn our backyard area into a pumpkin patch Wow

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Sep 25th, 2020

1:21 in the video is interesting. In the bottom left you can see an area of the lowest land cut away like when you make a body of water, but there's a pumpkin in the spot. It's either a clever use of the camera to make something on land appear to be lower, or you can actually put something in the water. I'm doubting it's the latter though.

RE: Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Moonface - Nov 17th, 2020

Free Winter Update Details Revealed
Details for the upcoming free Winter update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons have been revealed in a new trailer, showing off Turkey Day, Toy Day, new customization options, and more!

• Turkey Day takes place on November 26, and welcomes the arrival of the first-class chef, Franklin. Gather ingredients such as pumpkins to help Franklin put on a great holiday feast!
  • Toy Day takes place on December 24, where players will assist Jingle the black-nosed reindeer to deliver presents to the villagers.
  • Two new items will be redeemable with Nook Miles: the Hip Reaction Collection, and 6 Top Stylish Hairstyles.
  • The Hip Reaction Collection includes the following reactions: Sit Down, Wave Goodbye, Take a Picture, Sniff Sniff, Work Out, Yoga, Here You Go, Excited, and Ta-da.
  • Home storage can now be expanded further! Talk to Tom Nook to discuss a payment plan to take your storage capacity from 1600 to a whopping 2400 slots!
  • Save Data Transfer is coming, and will be available on November 19!
  • Last of all, the next free update is scheduled to arrive in late January, and appears to be focused around the ocean based upon the penguin character shown in the trailer.
What do you think of this next set of updates? Grin