Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Dec 11th, 2018

Octopath Traveler

With Cyrus, Tressa, Ophilia and H'annit, travelled to Cliftlands. Swapped Tressa out so I can use Therion in my party, and completed his Chapter 1. I still prefer my first team though. Next I'll be going to see what side quests there are in Cliftlands, then make way to Alfyn.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Playing this for the last two days. Doing different set ups for the amount of characters that can be in one battle (8 all v all, 4 v 4, 2 v 2 v 2 v 2, 3 v 3, 2 v 2, 1 on 1. Also been plaything through World Of Light and did Mario's Classic Mode. Unlocked 68/74 characters (includes starting 8 and the 3 Mii Fighters).

RE: Last Game You Played - Monocle - Dec 12th, 2018

Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. P3 being my favorite of the recent Persona games especially having the best music imo. This is heaven. Except in trash at rhythm games and this is destroying me.

Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment

Gotta get me that platinum! still chugging at it. This is one grindy platinum. so time consuming.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Dec 12th, 2018

(Dec 12th, 2018, 01:41 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Except in trash at rhythm games and this is destroying me. 

Man, if one of the saddest excuses for a rhythm game like the Persona Dancing games destroys you, never go near a real rhythm game.

Star Ocean: Till The End of Time PlayStation 4

I've finished the 240/300 BTs requirement, did my Universe play through and I'm in the second half of my 4D play through (which is the last trophy I need for platinum). I just finished making all of my Orichalcum enhanced gear last night for Nel and Cliff, so 4D mode is pretty much over. Paired up with Maria having a weapon with +100% EXP synthed on it, I don't have to worry about levels. Plus I spent a little bit of time horribly over leveling last night (got up to level 70 on a part where you'd normally be level 40-50). There should be no problem finishing this game now. 4D has a lot of bullshit to it, but having a Nel with almost maxed attack will overcome all of the bullshit the game throws at me. With this much attack, Flying Guillotine leads to MP kills on bosses before they even know what's going on. I should be able to finish this play through tonight when I get home from work or early tomorrow.

Star Ocean: Anamnesis [Android]

I've been spending way too much money on this game the last week. They introduced a holiday banner that only gives 4* and 5* characters, so I've been purchasing gems so I can abuse that banner to stock up on a ton of Limit Break crystals. Any time you pull a character that you already have MLB'd, you get a LB Crystal instead (1 Medium Crystal for a 4*, 1 Large for a non-Ace 5*, and 2 Large for an Ace 5*). Since I already have every 4* in the game at MLB, that means at the absolute worst, I get 10 Medium Crystals from a pull on this banner. That equals one LB level on an Ace character or two on a Non-Ace. Then on top of that, I get the bonus of having a pretty good chance of pulling multiple 5* characters, which either leads to more LB levels on that character or a stockpile of Large Crystals by pulling characters I already have maxed.

By using this banner, I've gotten enough Crystals to fully LB my Summer Sophia and Halloween Millie. I also ended pulling for Winter Evelysse and got her, so I was able to MLB immediately. I still have enough LB crystals to MLB maybe two Ace characters, which is pretty huge. I'm hoping that by continuing to pull on this banner, I can MLB some of my other non-Ace 5* characters. I already got Claire and Faize to MLB doing this, and I have three or four more at LB8 or LB9. When the banner is done, I'll see where I'm at with certain characters. If I can't get Phia to MLB through the banner, then I'll probably just use up some crystals to get her there.

What I'm really waiting on is for Meracle to get released, and then I'll have enough crystals to MLB her immediately. I'm hoping that part 2 of the SO4 event will be after the Christmas events, so that I can finally get my Meracle and be able to start using her. Though maybe I should slow down on the gem purchasing just a tiny bit.

Azur Lane [Android]

So I finally decided to download this last week and give it a try. I had been meaning to do it for a while, but kept putting it off. I wanted a second game to play when I have a lot of downtime in SO:A (either because I'm waiting for my stamina to regen or because I finished all the events/purchased all items from the event shops and have nothing else to do). So far I'm really loving the game, it's a lot of fun. Of course it helps that there's all these cute boat girls in the game. I chose Laffey as my starting girl (because you can't pass up on the most adorable choice). I also got Unicorn pretty early, which was nice. Having a girl who can heal my Vanguard is really helpful. I'm still using a couple of meh boats, so I've been trying to get better ones. I had heard this game is super F2P friendly, and it definitely is true. I have no intentions of spending money on this game (mainly because all of my money goes to SO:A), so the game giving me so many resources to build boats (the gacha system in this game) and do other things is really nice. There hasn't been a moment in the game where I was like, crap, I can't do anything because I'm out of resources. 

Unfortunately I missed out on most of the Nep collab. I did end up finishing one of the Missions to get Neptune for free, but I wasn't able to pull of some crazy newbie luck and build Noire in time. Hopefully the Nep collab will come back at some point so I can get muh girl.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Dec 13th, 2018

Smash Bros. Ultimate

OK, enjoying it a bit more now. Played more World Of Light, freed more characters which included unlocking Little Mac and Pichu for the main game. Stuck on Dr Wily's spirit (doesn't block me from continuing) which has you face 8 Megamans (in 2s) in Metal, with a Dr Mario that should be at the end, in a Stamina Battle. Haven't gotten far in it. I can only get rid of at least two before I lose my HP. might have to try a different character I don't play.

Octopath Traveler

Done Alfyn, Primrose and Olberic's Chapter 1. Grinding Therion and them up to at least level 20 now.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Dec 13th, 2018

Terraria

I got the Slime Rain event, which wasn't too challenging, but was good fun Tongue . Sadly, King Slime didn't spawn Sad .

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Dec 14th, 2018

(Dec 13th, 2018, 10:00 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Terraria

I got the Slime Rain event, which wasn't too challenging, but was good fun Tongue . Sadly, King Slime didn't spawn Sad .
If memory serves it spawns if you kill enough slimes during the event.

Red Dead Redemption II (PS4)
Got to the second part of the epilogue. I'm starting to wonder if I will actually get any of the money and supplies I had prior to it though, unless I have to wait until I finish the epilogue so that story elements make sense.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Dec 15th, 2018

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp [android]: I'm doing the whole gyroid collecting event for Christmas that's going on, atmo. When what I really want, is to get the Christmas tree dress out of the event if I'm going to be honest. XD

Pokemon Go [android]: Been playing to catch Pokemon for when I start my file on Let's Go Pikachu.

& Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time [GameCube]: Atmo at the effing water temple. Some one, shoot me. x_x"

RE: Last Game You Played - Monocle - Dec 15th, 2018

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

I DIIIIID IT! I GOT THE PLATINUM! OH. MY. GOD. it was hellish. but it feels great to finish that kind of grind and get the platinum. no regrets.

Hollow Knight

Literally played this while in call with DL and it was great! Finally able to dash so progression is ridiculously easy and the difficulty in general is diminished. Died plenty before getting it but I had so much fun thanks to the call! Need to do that again sometime.

RE: Last Game You Played - Nightingale - Dec 15th, 2018

Threads of Fate.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Dec 15th, 2018

Yeah, it's always fun just chilling with some gaming and talking to a friend. Definitely something we're going to have to do more often.

Star Ocean: Till The End of Time PlayStation 4

Finished the platinum for this a few days ago. Definitely not as long as SO4, but still took between 200 and 300 hours to finish. It was more annoying than anything, since 4D difficulty in SO3 is just pure stupidity due to how much they inflated the stats of enemies. Especially their Agility stat, which makes them parry pretty much any attack that comes at them from the front or the side. The game is pretty rough until you get Cliff to level 10 so he learns Hammer of Might, which completely ignores Agility and thus cannot be parried. It got a tad easier then, but some enemies were still a struggle just due to how stupid the damage is. Once you get Nel to level 30 so she learns Flying Guillotine and make your way far enough to get Orichalcum, then even 4D becomes a joke. Nel with 8,500+ ATK and Flying Guillotine makes it so that you'll MP kill any boss in the game in seconds. Though even then I did have to re-do a couple of boss fights, due to later game bosses having huge AoE attacks that pretty much one-shot your entire team on 4D (even with 20K HP), but nothing was too bad after that point.

Glad to have the platinum done though. Definitely wasn't as enjoyable to play as it used to be. Not after having played SO4, but it's made me appreciate how good SO4's combat is even more, so that's a plus I suppose.

Okami HD PlayStation 4

Decided that I'd go back to this and finish it. I only played a few hours of it when I started it back in August, and then got distracted by other games. I'm enjoying it a lot more this time around than the few hours I played at the beginning. Shouldn't take too long to finish it, since it's a pretty short game, so hopefully it'll be short but sweet.

Star Ocean: Anamnesis [Android]

I finally got myself to spot buying gems. I got enough LB materials to MLB at least two Ace characters, so I'll tuck those away and save them for when Meracle is released. I also went ahead and did some weapon pulls until I got enough copies of Winter Eve's gacha weapon to max it out. Now I'm just chugging away and doing the event bosses. Need to do the Misery 2 level of the first SO4 event 10 more times and then start farming the winter boss for the achievements for that one (need a total of 40 kills on it -- not too bad). Tuesday should bring the Misery 2 and maybe a Misery 3 level for the winter boss, so I'll have those to look forward to. I'm hoping that SO4 part 2 comes out the following Tuesday, since that would bring Meracle to the game.

Azur Lane [Android]

Haven't been doing too much in this game. Normally I just do my dallies and then make some progress in any event missions that are running. I've been trying to get Vampire through the gacha system, but haven't had any luck building her yet. I did get one other girl I wanted, so that was nice. As I mentioned before, this game is super F2P friendly, so I haven't had any issues having plenty of resources to build ships and try and get Vampire. Though I am having the problem of my dock being full, and the only way to expand it is to pay 250 gems for 10 slots. Which is pretty... not good. Especially since gems are a little harder to collect while staying F2P. Since you can get girls doing missions, you end up with a lot of extras before you know it. What I should do is just get rid of most of the 1-star girls I have, because they are extremely common drops and it wouldn't be hard to stock back up on them when I eventually want to get around to max limit breaking them.

Trying to figure out which girls would be good to add to my team. Laffey and Unicorn are locks on my team, but the other four spots are up for grabs. I'm using Neptune right now, but I honestly wouldn't care about replacing her. One of the girls I'm trying to get requires MLBing the three girls you choose from for a starting boat. I already have Laffey at MLB, and I have one of the others at 3/5 stars. I just need to get the third girl and then hopefully get some duplicates of them so I can limit break them.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Dec 16th, 2018

Never done talking to a friend on the phone whilst playing, sounds like a fun thing to do. XD

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Got the last four characters I needed to unlock for the whole game to use. Disappointed the 1.2.0 patch lowered the difficulty to defeat them, as before it was a good challenge to do so. Especially when I fought Cloud, first time on Midgar and a stage hazard caught me by surprise, barely survived, then I came back to take Cloud out.

Finding 3v3 is more fun than 4v4, at least with CPUs anyway.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Dec 20th, 2018

Crypt of the NecroDancer

I've been playing less of this lately, since Terraria has taken over as my go-to short-session game for when I have 30 minutes or so to spare Tongue . It showed too: I was so out of practice that I ended up quitting after two zones, because I thought I was on a low-scoring run Sad .

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Dec 22nd, 2018

Chrono Trigger Microsoft Windows: Got as far as going back in time to chase after Marle.

Valeria Chronicles: Revolution [XB1]: Am learning about different jobs my group has. It was kinda boring.

Kingdom Hearts [PS3]: Need to find all the missing pages of the 'Hundred Acre Woods' area to restore it.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Dec 25th, 2018

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

A few more Classics, and a lot just messing around fighting against and with CPU in Smash mode. In Classic, got up to Ganondorf, doing the characters in order. Although, I did leave out Lucina to do another time. With Zelda, got the 9.9 rating, and have my best score with her. With Ganondorf, I almost defeated both Master and Crazy Hand without losing a life and continuing, but damn one did a hand screw attack on me, and failed to avoid it. I was too focused on taking out the other that was stunned. XD

Octopath Traveler

Travelling around a bit, still some places to visit though. Gone to Quarryquest to do both Cyrus and Tressa's Chapter 2 story while I'm there.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Dec 26th, 2018

Terraria

I'm making pretty good progress now. I've defeated Eye of Cthulhu, King Slime, Brain of Cthulhu, and Skeletron.

Just another two bosses to go before Hardmode Smile !