Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Dec 26th, 2018

Okami HD PlayStation 4

Finished then platinum for this a few days ago. Overall a fantastic game. I had a few gripes with it here and there, but in the end I had an extremely wonderful time playing this game and I definitely recommend it to anyone.

Salt and Sanctuary PlayStation 4

Finally busted open my copy of this and played it. Just finished the platinum trophy for it a bit ago. Overall the game wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I went in expecting this game to get an 8/10 or 9/10 on my personal scale, but some really dumb design choices paired up with some terrible areas and some really, really stupid boss fights dropped this game down to a 5/10 at best for me. I'd give the first half of the game a 9/10 easily, and a few of the second half bosses were amazing as well. Unfortunately most of the second half and its bosses were pretty garbage and really took away from how good this game could have been.

In the end I did enjoy it, but left extremely disappointed in what could have been amazing ending up only going okay/low-end good.

Star Ocean: Anamnesis [Android]

Meracle released for the game today at long last! I've been waiting since launch for my girl to get added to the game, and Christmas day finally say her released (as some other people have said around the internet, it was a "Christmas Meracle"). Unfortunately I did have to resort to spending some money on gems to get her, but on the flip side I was able to take the leftover gems and pull enough copies of her weapon, as well as the new one-handed sword, that I was able to uncap both of them to the max. That's a huge boon to my team. With that one-handed sword (which is Wind elemental), 2B covers Light, Dark, Wind, Ice, and Lightning, while Meracle covers Wind, Earth and Fire. So I can just flip between those two in multiplayer and always have a character who can hit elemental weakness.

Azur Lane [Android]

I finally got enough points from doing "PvP" (I put that in quotes because you don't actually play against another player -- your team and someone else's team fight against each other, but both are AI controlled) to purchase Eldridge from the shop! Happy to finally have her, because I previously got a Christmas skin for her, so now I can use that. I also finally got a Super Rare girl that I can use in my Main Fleet, so that should help increase the power of my main fleet by a lot. It was falling behind pretty bad just due to not getting any good girls for it. My Vanguard is up to 9,000 total power, while my Main Fleet is lagging behind at barely over 6,000. Hopefully she'll help me get that up a lot more, because having a strong main fleet is very important. I just need to get her and Eldridge caught up to the level of my team so that they don't end up being more of a hindrance.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Dec 31st, 2018

Terraria. I'm currently working on a new, floating house to replace the shack I built when I first created the world Tongue .

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jan 1st, 2019

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance PlayStation 4

Started this up since KHIII is less than a month away from releasing, and I need to play it for the story information. I'm at the end of the game now, and I have to say... I cannot believe that they actually made a Kingdom Hearts game this god awful. The gameplay sucks, the flowmotion mechanic is utter garbage, the dive system is a joke, the spirit system is atrocious and the bosses are gimmicky pieces of shit most of the time. I had heard that DDD was by far the worst KH game, but I'm completely blown away by just how bad it is.

Not to mention how awful the story is. The game is a complete joke in all categories. I see people saying this game is better than Birth By Sleep, and I just can't imagine having an opinion that wrong and terrible.

I've been spending the last week enjoying my Meracle and doing all of the returning events. I'm glad to have so much to do (and even happier to have over a month to farm these returning events for the new prizes). Misery 2 of the second half of the SO4 event should be releasing tomorrow, so I'll have that to farm for a day or two before heading back to doing the returning events. I've also spent some time trying to farm up stat seeds so that I can max my Meracle's stats. Gotta get that shiny golden LV70 on her.

Azur Lane [Android]

I've gotten my Eldridge up to a level where she's able to be in my main team now. She still has a little catching up to do, but she can at least survive battles, which gets her exp faster than just doing commissions. I also finally got Laffey, Javelin and Z23 to 5 stars each, which allowed me to finally get Ayanami. :3 So I'm going to train her up so she can be added to my main team as well. I also finally got Laffey to the point where I could retrofit her (which upgrades her from an Elite to Super Rare and gives her a stat bonus I believe -- plus gets her a neat little outfit change). Ayanami also has the ability to be Retrofit, so that's what I'll be working on next, so I can also upgrade her from Elite to Super Rare, and then she'll be even better on my team.

I've gotten far enough into the story now where I'm starting to require having two fleets to get through chapters, so I've been working on trying to properly equip a second fleet, though that's not as easy as I wish it was. After making sure my main fleet is fully equipped, it doesn't leave me with a whole lot of extra good equipment for my second fleet. They can take out a few enemies in each chapter, but they don't have the firepower to survive for too long. I'm also working on saving up another 20,000 points through the PvP so that I can get South Dakota, who will be a massive upgrade to my rear line. Right now I've going with three aircraft carriers, one of whom is pretty low level (40, compared to the 80+ of the rest of my team), so once I get South Dakota, I'll be working on getting her into my team so that I have two aircraft carriers and a battleship (South Dakota). Then I can take the girl that I remove from the main team and throw her into the second fleet to help boost their power.

I like that this game gets to the point where it requires forming a decent second team. You can just lazily roll through the entire game with just one team. It also gives you a reason to use more than just six girls, which is great because there's a lot of them that I like and I actually get to utilize them all. Playing Azur Lane makes me excited for the PS4 game that's being made, which hopefully gets localized.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jan 2nd, 2019

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu Nintendo Switch: Finally arrived at Cinnabar Island, now to take on the gym leader when I play next.

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp [Android]: Playing daily for the japanese screens, furniture & items I can get during the current flower festival event.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jan 4th, 2019

(Dec 26th, 2018, 12:34 AM)Kyng Wrote:
Terraria

I'm making pretty good progress now. I've defeated Eye of Cthulhu, King Slime, Brain of Cthulhu, and Skeletron.

Just another two bosses to go before Hardmode Smile !
I recommend trying to get through some of the early Hardmode bosses quickly so as to slow the corruption spread in your world. Especially if any generates near your jungle after beating the Wall of Flesh, otherwise you could lose that biome and have a hard time getting to face Plantera.

Minecraft (PC)
I want to scream. The cat walked onto my keyboard right as a creeper walked up to me that I intended to kill. I died and lost all my good items that I can't recreate because I'm playing an adventure map. I'm tempted to say screw it and just cheat in the items I lost because I wouldn't have lost them if not for my surprise cat attack. >.<

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jan 6th, 2019

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD PlayStation 4

This game started out shitty and it stayed shitty the entire way through. Big yikes on this one. Terrible bosses, god awful mechanics, extremely stupid Dream Eater system -- nothing about this game was good from start to finish. Glad to have this one done so I never have to play it again. I think I'd rate it lower than even Re:Coded, which is pretty bad.

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage PlayStation 4

Started up and completed the game yesterday. Pretty short game, but it's awesome. It has really good mechanics, most of the boss fights are pretty fun, and of course you get to play as Aqua, which automatically ranks it among the best KH games. Right now I'm just finishing up the last two Objectives I need to complete to get all of the trophies (get to level 80, beat the final boss on Critical difficulty). There is no platinum trophy for the game, pretty understandable given that it's only a few hours long. What makes me most excited with this game is that this is basically a demo for KHIII (I read that apparently this was supposed to be the opening of KHIII, but they felt that the game wouldn't flow very well, so they made it into 0.2 instead), so KHIII should play a lot like this. If so, that's going to make KHIII the best KH game easily, unless they royally fuck up with really shitty bosses or something. Either way, it gives me a lot of hope to be hyped for the game.

Star Ocean: Anamnesis + Azur Lane

Just been grinding away doing dallies and weeklies in these two games. Also working on the large amount of event quests we have in SO:A right now. Tuesday is going to bring in two more characters (Fiore and Relia from SO5), along with yet another event to do. Unfortunately no events going on in Azur Lane right now, so I'm just chugging away at farming my level as well as trying to get materials to Retrofit Ayanami.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jan 6th, 2019

Let's Go: Pikachu (NS): Made my way to the Indigo Plateau. Saved there so I can prepare to take on the elite four & champ.

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (Android): Playing to finish out the new year flower event. Can't wait for the next new event to start.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jan 7th, 2019

Into The Breach

It's a turn-based strategy game, from the makers of FTL: Faster than Light. I really enjoyed that game, so I thought I would check this one out.

Right now, I'm developing a love-hate relationship with this one. It's addictive, but frustrating >_< .

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jan 7th, 2019

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Playing through a lot of Adventure. Went through World of Light, Dark Realm, just went through all of the last area as well. Another area has opened up, which I assume's going to be the last boss battle or something like that.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jan 12th, 2019

(Jan 6th, 2019, 09:58 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

This game started out shitty and it stayed shitty the entire way through. Big yikes on this one. Terrible bosses, god awful mechanics, extremely stupid Dream Eater system -- nothing about this game was good from start to finish. Glad to have this one done so I never have to play it again. I think I'd rate it lower than even Re:Coded, which is pretty bad.
Did you play through this just to have gone through all the KH games before KH3 arrives?

(Jan 6th, 2019, 02:01 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Let's Go: Pikachu (NS): Made my way to the Indigo Plateau. Saved there so I can prepare to take on the elite four & champ.
What's your party going to be to face the Elite Four and the champ?

Dying Light (PS4)
Felt like playing some of this again just because, and been discovering areas of the map I've never seen before. It's always neat to find something new in a game world that you've spent a lot of time in. ^_^

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jan 13th, 2019

Into the Breach

Yesterday, I won a game of this for the first time. It didn't take nearly as long as winning my first game of FTL - and I'm actually quite proud of myself for doing it Grin !

Today, I was playing with a new squad (the Zenith Guard). Unfortunately, I didn't get very far with them: I tended to get stuck on the second island Sad .

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jan 13th, 2019

(Jan 12th, 2019, 08:09 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jan 6th, 2019, 09:58 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Did you play through this just to have gone through all the KH games before KH3 arrives?

Yes. It's the only KH game that I hadn't played to date (I've owned the 3DS version for years, but never got around to playing it), so I needed to play it so that I'd have all the story information required to know what is going on in KHIII. Without knowledge of DDD's story, one would be very lost in how things are happening in the game. 

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition PlayStation 4

The time has finally come. I can finally play through the best Tales game once more, and with the content that the western world never received before! Played all day yesterday (took the day off from work so I could binge it), though didn't have much time to play today. Having a lot of fun with the game, though I admit it did take me a little time to get used to how much slower this game feels compared to the newer Tales games like Xillia 2 and Berseria.

Feels great to be playing this game again. :3

A Hat In Time PlayStation 4

I had a few days left between finishing KH 0.2 and the release of ToV, so I decided to knock this game out. An enjoyable game for sure, though I feel it's one of those games that starts out really strong but fails to keep that going to the end. Some of the controls are pretty bad for a platformer as well, so that hurts the game a little bit. But as I said, enjoyable for the most part. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would after having played the first world when I was at Monocle's last summer, but still enjoyed it enough to make playing it and getting the platinum worth it. 

Azur Lane [Android]

Just been farming on here. Rank grinding, plus farming the current event, plus trying to get a certain girl for my team (that the game absolutely refuses to give me). I've started to get enough girls that I've been able to form a pretty strong main team, while also having a decent to good secondary team. I recently got enough points to claim South Dakota, and she'll give my main team a good Battleship until I get the girl I'm aiming for (Warspite), which at that point I would slide South Dakota into my second fleet instead.

Right now my main goal is still trying to finish Ayanami's Retrofit. I'm unfortunately finding it difficult to come across one of the materials I need for that, but once I do get my hands on enough of them, it shouldn't take too much longer to finish it and get her that upgrade from Elite to Super Rare. I also plan on buying a Promise Ring once I get 600 Gems so that I can marry her and get her the 5% or so stat boost she'll get from it. Once I've gotten her to SR and she has the stat boost from marriage, she should form a pretty potent team on my first fleet along with Laffey. 

Not much to comment on with this one. Just been farming rank and doing all the events we currently have to do. Nothing too exciting has happened on the game lately.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jan 13th, 2019

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Playing some World Of Light on New Game+, which isn't different so far. Probably better to not use Spirits and/or Skills, which might start again and do. Is a challenge without both I've seen, but don't think I'm good enough to do that. Probably without Spirits first.

Classic Mode, done all but Palutena and Bayonetta. Purposefully left the former to last, and want to learn a bit of Bayonetta before I use her. Wii Fit Trainer managed to usurp Snake and Ike who were my best previously. Snake had 1880000 something thing, Ike had 189, Wii Fit at 19 something.

RE: Last Game You Played - Amalthea - Jan 13th, 2019

Resident Evil 7. I'm a big RE fan but I put off this game for a loong time, though I had watched some playthroughs and speedruns of it. I finally started playing it last night, and it's pretty good so far Smile

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jan 19th, 2019

Terraria

I decided to put Into The Breach down for a bit: the newness has worn off, and it's a brutally difficult game, so I've been getting frustrated with it. This means it's time for me to return to my 2D sandbox digging adventures Tongue .

Right now, I'm just obsidian farming for my new home, but I have been careless and incinerated myself a few times Tongue !