Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jun 6th, 2019

Minecraft 1.14 (PC)
Ventured out from my mushroom island base of operations to try and find a jungle so I can start making palm trees on the planned beach areas for my base. Didn't find one, but I did find a savanna biome which is nice because the leaves from the acacia trees are my favourite. Also saw my first Illager patrol, which I didn't realise was that at first so I panicked when I got closer out of curiosity and saw 4 dudes with crossbows running at me. It was going well with my shield blocking their shots as I hit them with my sword until their leader walked in and bitch slapped me with his axe and took off half my health down to one heart. I really expected to end up dead as I ran away in fear to get enough distance to eat some food and regain my health, but I managed to get away.

After that I killed the last two of the patrol and wondered what the Bad Omen status was until I found a village and walked in only to summon the hordes upon the poor villagers and watched a few of them get murdered in their homes by Illagers. Luckily for me they had an iron golem in the village so I stood near it so I could clear the raid easier. My inventory was full after doing that and looting the village chests (and the desert temple sitting next to it) so I started making my way back home. XD

RE: Last Game You Played - Maniakkid25 - Jun 7th, 2019

Dragon Age: Origins (PC)

In my extreme reluctance to actually play, Yuri has dragged me kicking and screaming by watching me play it. After many trials and tribulations, we discovered that Discord makes the game crash ridiculously often (like, on loading up), at least on my computer. So, if we continue playing the game, we need to do it on Skype. Every time we try to kill it...it just comes back...

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jun 7th, 2019

Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star PlayStation 4

Finally got around to playing this, now that I have Fate/EXTELLA Link sitting around waiting to be played. Cleared the four main stories and now I'm working my way through the Servant side stories. Once I finish all 13 of them up, I just need to play through every stage on Very Hard and grind out the rest of the Code Casts I need. Game is alright. Combat is pretty bad (which isn't surprising since it is a Marvelous game). Story is what you'd probably expect out of a musou game. Music is pretty good. I've heard Link fixes a lot of the terribleness of the combat, so hopefully that's true.

Resonance of Fate [PS3]

Been a while since I touched the game, so I don't quite remember where I'm at. Honestly I kind of stopped paying attention to the story. Still looking for what made people say this game was good, because so far it's far from that. Very boring story, very meh cast, battle system is hot garbage. The music is the only thing I can really say is decent about the game so far. Still hoping the game gets better as I go along, but things aren't looking too good at this point.

Rabi-Ribi [Vita]

Very slowly making my way through this game. It's proving to be very difficult playing this on the Vita. Mainly because sometimes I can't see enemy projectiles because they're so small. I imagine this game would be much easier to play on PS4. Regardless, I am still having fun with the game and it's as enjoyable as I expected. Has been worth the wait so far.

Been slacking pretty hard in my game playing lately, other than Star Ocean Anamnesis and Azur Lane. Also doesn't help that I've been watching so many FFIV and ALttP randomizer races lately. Need to pick it up and start knocking these games out.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jun 7th, 2019

(May 28th, 2019, 08:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(May 25th, 2019, 11:05 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (Comic Con demo)
The only game I was bothered play yesterday. Haven't played the original for a very long time and too used to Mario Kart. XD  Did one race, and I thought I was alright for someone who was not used to drift boosting. First two laps I was in 4th or 5th, and one time 3rd. Last lap went wrong, as I got hit by items more and at the last corners I went down to 7th. I was Crash, and the track was Sewer Speedway. So want to try properly when I get the game, want to be good at this at least.
Were you playing against CPU's or other people?

I also last played the games Shira mentioned in her post, as well as these:

Destruction Derby 2 (PS1)
Was itching to play this all day yesterday while at work since I got a PlayStation Classic and was intending to mod games into it when I got home. I'm convinced this game will never be too old for me. Grin
Racing against other people. I know one other player in the line with me said she hoped it'll play not too different like Mario Kart, but not sure if she was the one who placed last or one of the others near my final placing. Didn't get a chance to ask. I'd imagine I would've still done poorly against CPUs too. XD 

Also, Yes.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jun 9th, 2019

Civilization VI

Yesterday and today, I played a game as India, using the Civilization V texture pack I downloaded yesterday. In my opinion, this is a significant improvement, and I can't see myself going back to the default graphics.

I was playing on a true start locations map of east Asia - so, I was starting right near Mount Everest. This gave me a massive Faith bonus - which I used to great effect to build up a strong religious game. In the end, I won with a Religious Victory shortly after the beginning of the Industrial Era.

This isn't my greatest victory ever, since it was only on Prince difficulty (I forgot to turn it up to King or Emperor, which I usually play on). However, it was fun!

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jun 10th, 2019

Animal Crossing Pocket Camp [Andriod]: Finished out the Gracey Grace event getting wedding items. I got all the items. Now to wait  for the next event.

RE: Last Game You Played - Daltonio - Jun 11th, 2019

Been playing Yakuza 0 non-stop, first venture into this series and I'm already addicted.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kazan X. Lemuris - Jun 11th, 2019

Pokémon Let's Go! Eevee || Switch One of the games I picked up now that I have a Switch of my own. At first I felt a bit annoyed, the loss of wild battles is a bit irritating, but I understand the reasoning for it. The reduction in difficulty is also a bit weird; beating Brock with nothing but a level 8 Bellsprout is weird and I'm not sure I like it.

I really can't fault the graphics or the presentation though, and I absolutely love the interaction between the trainer and Eevee.

Farming Simulator 19 || PS4 Been playing this in multiplayer with a co-worker, it's very relaxing and a nice change of pace. It also has some hilarious screw-ups and our teamwork makes things stupid but funny.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jun 18th, 2019

Assassin's Creed: Origins (PS4)
Started this earlier in the week, and I've been enjoying it so far. The world has yet to justify its size to me, but as the story is starting to open up now the map might get utilised a lot more. So far I've been sitting around in two particular areas and only really ventured out for side quests that are nearby.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jun 19th, 2019

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4)

My copy arrived Monday morning, and I proceeded to start playing it immediately after I finished the platinum for Fate/EXTELLA (I mean, it's been five years of waiting for this, so of course I wasn't going to wait to start it). So far I'm having a pretty fun time with the game. Is it perfect? No, there's quite a few things I think they should have done different with the combat, but overall I am having fun and so far the game has been worth the pledged money and the years of waiting.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jun 21st, 2019

Animal Crossing Pocket Camp (Android): I'm basically trying to finish the fishing tourney to get the rest of the jelly fish aquariums.

and;

RE: Last Game You Played - Metallix - Jun 22nd, 2019

Last game I played was Gran Turismo Sport. With all of the official tournaments going and a huge update looming I got back into it. Love driving but man sometimes I spend more time taking photos and making paint jobs than anything else. Grin

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Jun 23rd, 2019

Do you like the restrictive gameplay of Sport, Metallix? I've heard it makes it kind of unfun to play, but I know some hardcore fans of the series don't mind it at all.

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled:
Having lots of fun playing this with Moony (when he lets me! Glare ROFL ). This definitely scratches that Diddy Kong/Not-Quite-MarioKart itch I've been feeling lately. I really hope they remake Diddy in this same vein but this does this all and more at the moment and I'm content with that Smile

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jun 23rd, 2019

Civilization V

I've started a new game as Ethiopia, which hasn't gone brilliantly so far. I've been struggling to find Happiness, and my capital city temporarily lost its religion, which required me to burn a Great Prophet in order to restore it. However, I am doing pretty well in wars: I captured a city from the Songhai, and got a large sum of gold from the Ottomans (even though I didn't capture any of their cities).

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jun 24th, 2019

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp [Android]: Finished the fishing tourney & got all of the jellyfish aquariums & the hair pin.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [PS3]: Beat the first 'nightmare' in the story & helped to save the girl. Saved & quit inside the Sage's Trial area. (Woot.)