Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jun 24th, 2019

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4)

Beat the final boss and now I'm just grinding out the last two trophies I need for platinum. I had a few gripes with the game going through it, but overall it was really fun and enjoyable and was 100% worth the investment (in both time and money). I look forward to the various DLCs that will release for the game in the coming months. I may do a Nightmare play through at a later time, but for now I'll probably just finish the platinum and then move on to one of the many other games I have waiting to be played.

I 100% recommend this game to anyone though. Absolutely worth it.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jun 25th, 2019

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Failing to build confidence going online, I ended up playing more offline. Also learning Asuka after customising her, I found he looked good having long hair (specifically the long braided hairstyle). LOL

Also finally turned on my PS4 since Feb, but waiting for update.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jun 27th, 2019

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp [Android]: Just checking in on my camp site & getting my daily reward.
Chrono Trigger (PC): Played long enough to get Lucca on my party & make our way over to the church to go about saving Queen Leene.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jun 29th, 2019

Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled (PS4)
Played some more online today since Wumpa Coin rates are higher at weekends. Just went into Adventure and got another platinum relic too on Polar Pass. :3

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jun 29th, 2019

Persona 5 (PS4)

I finally decided to play this. Not particularly because I'm interested in playing the game itself, but rather I'm just in the mood for a long, turn-based game and this is really the only game I have right now that fits that bill. Still early in the game, so I don't have much to say about it right now. I do find it interesting that they went back to having the enemies be the demons/Personas, rather than how the Shadows were in P3/P4. I've never played a previous Persona game or SMT game, so this is the first time I myself have experienced this, but I do know it's how the SMT/Persona series originated, so it's interesting to see.

I downloaded the Japanese voice DLC, but so far the English cast isn't too bad. Granted I've only heard like four of the main characters so far. My biggest worry was that Morgana's English voice was going to be as shit as Teddie's, but it's actually pretty decent and doesn't make you want to commit suicide.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jun 30th, 2019

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (PS4)

Only played on this game two days so far. First to get good on Sewer Speedway in single race as I played on that track at Comic Con, and to get used to boosting at the same time. Then started Adventure on Medium difficulty and got up to beating Ripper Roo. After that did another single race on the last selectable track, some classic motorway track (can't remember the name). So far unlocked win one race with the starting characters, as well as Nash and Crunch from the pitstop and unlocked their first costume after winning a race with them too. Also other stuff after I completed Adventure races.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jun 30th, 2019

Okami

I got this, mainly because I'd heard very bad things about it from Joshscorcher, and very good things about it from everybody else Tongue .

From what little I've played of the game so far, I'm with everybody else: I'm enjoying it! I think the whole 'painting' aspect of the game is great fun, even if my old worn-out mouse isn't capable of drawing the right shapes half the time. The story and the art style fit my tastes too: they don't seem to take themselves too seriously. The only real criticism I have so far is that the UI still feels quite "console-y": this isn't really the best console port in the world. The gameplay itself holds up, though Smile !

RE: Latest Gaming Purchase - ShiraNoMai - Jul 1st, 2019

Final Fantasy VI (SNES Mini):
Started this up after a long curiosity to play this game. Got to the fight against Vargas, then died and realized I hadn't actually properly saved the game at all yet... luckily we had gone out so I made a save state beforehand when I turned the console off. I thought the way to save was to just run over the sparkly thing, but apparently that just lets you enable the save functionality in your menu. >.< Anyway this is my first time playing this game so I'm enjoying it so far!

Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch):
Bought this after seeing so many cool levels pop up on my Twitter feed in addition to watching Trihex play this game since it launched in Japan (he got the Jap release to play on Thursday). So far so good! Though the co-op multiplayer in 2D Mario games still remain annoying as hell. Trying to play with Moony is like super tense while we yell at each other for ruining jumps/causing accidental deaths.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jul 1st, 2019

(Jun 30th, 2019, 11:58 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Okami

I got this, mainly because I'd heard very bad things about it from Joshscorcher, and very good things about it from everybody else Tongue .

From what little I've played of the game so far, I'm with everybody else: I'm enjoying it! I think the whole 'painting' aspect of the game is great fun, even if my old worn-out mouse isn't capable of drawing the right shapes half the time. The story and the art style fit my tastes too: they don't seem to take themselves too seriously. The only real criticism I have so far is that the UI still feels quite "console-y": this isn't really the best console port in the world. The gameplay itself holds up, though Smile !

Man, anyone who says bad things about Okami has some really shitty taste. That game is amazing and has a gorgeous art style. Glad to hear you're enjoying it though and didn't listen to that guy with bad opinions.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jul 2nd, 2019

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp [Android]: Finished out the first half of Pascal's munchies event, the second part starts next week on the 7th.

Ah, FF6. My favorite. I bought the PC version & tried to boot it up but it needed an update. Maybe tomorrow. ;3

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jul 2nd, 2019

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (PS4)

Played some more today, and completed the first area in Adventure of CTR Tokens and blue Relics. Haven't purchased anything from the Pit Stop as I'm saving coins until I get something like 5000 (currently have 3000 odd).

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jul 2nd, 2019

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp [Android]: I'm now collecting special shells for an event that will get me a play car. Ohh.
Chrono Trigger (PC): I'm inside the Church looking to rescue Queen Leene.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 3rd, 2019

(Jun 30th, 2019, 01:50 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (PS4)
Only played on this game two days so far. First to get good on Sewer Speedway in single race as I played on that track at Comic Con, and to get used to boosting at the same time. Then started Adventure on Medium difficulty and got up to beating Ripper Roo. After that did another single race on the last selectable track, some classic motorway track (can't remember the name). So far unlocked win one race with the starting characters, as well as Nash and Crunch from the pitstop and unlocked their first costume after winning a race with them too. Also other stuff after I completed Adventure races.
The track in question is Retro Stadium, a retro version of Turbo Track.
Also, back your save up to either a USB or PS Cloud regularly. If the game crashes on a loading screen you have a very high chance of save corruption and losing your progress. Wink

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jul 5th, 2019

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp [Android]: Just trying to get the last items for Pascal's ongoing event.

Blossom Tales (Switch): Started up a new file, got as far as heading down to the basement in the castle.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jul 5th, 2019

@Moony: Yeah, I still haven't played on every single track yet and the normal Turbo Track is one of them. Didn't know that until I saw the image I think looked similar.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (PS4)

Played a few things, bought PS Plus, payed with my sister and then played briefly online. Really is much better for coin gathering. Will definitely be playing more to unlock things. Yesterday with Wumpa Coins I bought Megumi's pack, today as I didn't play much to warrant the rest of Liz's set, I just went with single Isabella character unlock.