Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jul 29th, 2019

Persona 5 (PS4)

Up to the... fourth Palace now. Getting through the game has been pretty slow just because it's about as mediocre as I expected it to be, so having the motivation to actually sit down and play it has been difficult. So far the entire cast that I've met is as bad as expected, though I will admit that Futaba's voice isn't as bad as I expected it to be (though those glasses are still ugly as fuck). The sneaking mechanics in the dungeons is probably one of the worst things I've ever seen in a Persona game. Nothing like a Shadow standing right in front of you, staring directly at you, but not being able to detect you because "lel we sneaky."

I honestly don't get all of the complaints I saw over the last couple of years about how the game is too hard and the dungeons are too long and people lose hours upon hours of progress. I'm just like, they throw a save room at you every five minutes. If you don't save in them and you lose hours of progress, that's your own stupidity. Has nothing to do with the game. The game also provides you ways of cheesing your way through a lot of bad encounters, so I don't get how anyone could struggle in this game. It's by far the easiest of the big three Persona games. I guess people are just terrible at video games.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (NS)

Decided to pick this up and give it a try despite Awakening and Fates being absolute trash. Haven't gotten too far into it yet, but so far it's pretty good actually. Removal of the weapon triangle as an absolutely stupid decision, but aside from that the game has been enjoyable. Playing on Hard mode and so far nothing has really been hard, so I'm a bit worried about that, but maybe the game will pick up later, though again, removal of things like weapon triangle has me worried that this game isn't going to require much strategizing at all.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Aug 4th, 2019

League of Legends

Only played the beginning of the tutorial so far. I can tell that this is a game I'm gonna suck at, but we'll see how far I can get LOL .

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Aug 5th, 2019

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (PS4)

Slightly upping my Nitro Points and Wumpa Coins online. God a good amount Friday and yesterday, missed Saturday though, kind of intentional as I didn't feel like playing anything that day. Have Baby Crash, Baby Coco and Baby T unlocked.

Tekken 7 (PS4)

Finally went to play online. Very rusty at first, especially as I decided to play on P2 side when I'm best on P1. Do find matches a bit quicker on P2 I discovered back when I played in 2017/2018. Almost got my Lee demoted from Fighter, but eventually promoted to Vanguard when I got into things. Grin

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Aug 5th, 2019

Got today's Nitro challenges done after getting my Wumpa Coin bonus for the day, then decided to do all the weekly ones I can do and started on the themed challenges. I just entered the gold tier on the Nitro bar and I'll probably get halfway into that once I do all the themed and pro challenges that I can get done.

@Mr EliteL: Any particular time you want to do the challenges that require a friend before weekly challenges reset? I get out of work at 12pm (5pm your time) on Wednesday if you want to do it that day.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Aug 7th, 2019

(Nintendo Switch) Super Mario Maker 2;

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Aug 7th, 2019

(Aug 7th, 2019, 07:32 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
I keep meaning to make a level in SMM2 but got sidetracked by other games. @ShiraNoMai keeps intending to play through the game properly too but gave the excuse that I hog the TV even though she could just say she wants to play and I'd let her. Tongue

(Aug 7th, 2019, 07:37 PM)Sunbum Wrote:
(Nintendo Switch) Super Mario Maker 2
I keep meaning to make a level in SMM2 but got sidetracked by other games. @ShiraNoMai keeps intending to play through the game properly too but gave the excuse that I hog the TV even though she could just say she wants to play and I'd let her. Tongue 

Or she could you know, undock it & play it in hand held mode. It CAN do that, it's not like she can't. xD

Uh, I plan to play Tales of Vesperia - Definitive Edition sometime today.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Aug 7th, 2019

(Aug 7th, 2019, 07:40 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
(Aug 7th, 2019, 07:37 PM)Sunbum Wrote:
(Nintendo Switch) Super Mario Maker 2

Or she could you know, undock it & play it in hand held mode. It CAN do that, it's not like she can't. xD
True. She'll probably blame it now on me playing Stardew on it whenever she wants to play SMM2. Whistle

You guys are badly in need of a second Switch, lmao.

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Aug 8th, 2019

(Aug 7th, 2019, 07:44 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
I was considering asking for the Lite for my birthday this year ROFL

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Aug 9th, 2019

(Aug 8th, 2019, 04:06 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
(Aug 7th, 2019, 07:44 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
I was considering asking for the Lite for my birthday this year ROFL 

Do it! I'm actually going to get the Pokemon Sword and Shield Switch Lite variant myself since neither release anywhere close to my bday.  Whistle

The game I've been playing on as of late is; Tales of Vesperia: DE (NS).

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Aug 10th, 2019

Persona 5 (PS4)

Continuing to slog through the game. Recently finished the fourth palace and am now waiting for story events to progress. The game continues to be mediocre and I'm still not sure how this became the most popular Persona game. On the bright side, Futaba continues to surprise me with how not annoying she is. Then again, I haven't started the Social Link with her yet, so there's still plenty of time for her to become very annoying. Though as I mentioned before, I expected her voice to be grating and extremely annoying, and the fact that it's actually... normal, makes her a lot better than I was expecting. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (NS)

This game continues to both impress me and disappointment me. As expected, the lack of a weapon triangle really hurts the strategic aspect of the game, and makes Axes pretty worthless (high damage doesn't matter when you factor in the god awful accuracy compared to Swords and the fact that most of the time their weight prevents you from double attacking). Also the fact that you can use any weapon regardless of your assigned class is pretty stupid. My MC is a Myrmidon right now equipped with an Iron Sword, Iron Axe and an Iron Bow. I know we have some non-FE players here, so I'll explain real quick. In previous FE games, Myrmidons were a class that only wielded swords. So basically Three Houses threw every class distinction out the window and allows characters to use whatever weapon they want regardless of class. This includes Mages. Your mages can use Swords, Spears, Axes, Bows or Gauntlets as well as their magic (magic is no longer used from Tomes you equip, instead you just have a very limited number of casts each battle).

Basically what this means is that instead of having uniqueness, classes are only there to provide skills. You can have a character wielding every weapon type + offensive magic + healing magic if you really want to. That might sound great to some, but to me it's absolutely awful. The only "unique" things in the game is that there are some classes that are gender specific, such as only females being able to become Pegasus Knights (which is a trend the series has always had. There's never been a male Pegasus Knight).

Long story short, the game is good and I'm really have fun with it but my god there are some aspects of it that just drive me crazy. Also they need to copy Persona a little less with the next FE game. If they copied any more from Persona than they did, Atlus might have had grounds for a lawsuit.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Aug 11th, 2019

Unlocked Mad Scientist Crash after earning enough Wumpa Coins, plus a Mammoth kart decal. Haven't got to the Gold Tier yet though, as I've missed 5 days of play. Got Sabertooth Puma too.

(Aug 5th, 2019, 10:02 PM)Sunbum Wrote:
@Mr EliteL: Any particular time you want to do the challenges that require a friend before weekly challenges reset? I get out of work at 12pm (5pm your time) on Wednesday if you want to do it that day.

I know it was last week now and has already reset, but I can do this Wednesday instead, unless you can't of course. We only did it once last time, and weekly challenges are usually only play with a friend and perhaps Kart related wins/uses. I need themed challenges too that are online, got the podium one though. That was easier to get.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Aug 11th, 2019

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I'm playing the Special Edition, now that I have a laptop that can handle it - and I have to say, I'm very impressed with it Grin . Even on the Low graphics settings, it's light years ahead of the standard edition - and I thought that game looked beautiful in and of itself.

I haven't got very far into it yet, though. So far, I've just completed the Bleak Falls Barrow quest and killed my first dragon Tongue .

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Aug 12th, 2019

Have since played & beat Paper Mario & the Thousand Year Door as of last week. Yesterday I was playing Tales of Vesperia: DE [Nintendo Switch].

Atmo, I'm playing Chrono Cross on my PlayStation Classic Mini. So far, it plays great! ^^