Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Dec 2nd, 2019

(Nov 29th, 2019, 03:36 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Might I recommend catching a Drilbur or Excadrill? Excadrill is really fast (especially if you got Sand Rush and can get a Sandstorm going), and has a VERY good physical attack stat. Plus, being Steel-type, it gets STAB on Metal Claw, which it learns at level 16. You can catch one in the Galar Mine (the first one) if you don't have one already. Drilbur evolves at level 31, by the way.
Might do that, I haven't caught a Drilbur yet. Do have my Corviknight covering Steel at the moment, although not using him where I am, and can't get a Drilbur yet until I've done Spikemuth, or I fail at a battle and choose to leave and come back later. XD 

Of course, still playing Pokémon Shield for topic means.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Dec 3rd, 2019

Pokemon Shiled [Switch]: Still doing raids & catching mon. I might take on Leon again though.
& Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp [Android]: Trying out a free month of the 'Happy Helper' plan since I'm going to be pretty busy over the later part of December. xD

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Dec 7th, 2019

Dragon's Crown (PS4)

Decided to get back to this game after I completed the platinum for Persona 5. I'm very glad I decided to do so, because I forgot how fun this game is, and how good the combat is (along with the amazing music). Was a tad worried about being rusty, since I'm playing the Elf and she seems to be considered one of the harder characters to play due to how technical she is, but I was able to get right back in the swing of using her and it's been a blast. She's so much fun to play.

I got to the mid-way point in the game where you unlock the B paths on the stages, so it's been nice having the increased difficulty of those. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I complete the game so I can get into Hard mode and see how much of a challenge increase that will be (along with Infernal after it).

Star Ocean: First Departure R (PS4)

It's been great playing this game again. Been a long while since I did my play through of it on the PSP, so I'm having a lot of fun going through it again. The platinum will be a bit of a time sink (requiring 3 trips through the game at minimum), but I look forward to eventually adding it to my collection. I'll just need that SO2 PS4 port to make it over here so I can have a platinum for all five Star Ocean games.

Secret of Mana (Switch)

My first playthrough of the game ever thanks to the Mana Collection. Overall I'm enjoying the game and I find it fun despite how god awful the combat mechanics are (looking forward to playing the remake on PS4 to see if the combat isn't as much ass as it is in the original). The music is definitely one of the brightest spots of the game and the graphics are pretty nice. Probably one of the better looking SNES games. Having a party is a nice change over Adventure of Mana, but man do I wish the AI for the two characters you're not controlling was better. So many boss fights where I'm the only one doing anything again the boss and the other two are just sitting there with their heads up their rears. Again, another thing to hopefully see improved upon in the remake. Overall a nice game though, just a shame that the combat and party AI is as bad as it is.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Dec 8th, 2019

Civilization: Beyond Earth

Yes, I do still play this occasionally Tongue . Despite the the fact that it feels half finished (the Rising Tide additions were never bug-fixed and balanced properly), I do still enjoy the base mechanics of Civ 5 as a game, with or without a coat of sci-fi paint.

Today, I'm playing as Al Falah, and I've managed to found my first four cities quite quickly. I'm a little bit worried about Franco-Iberia to my north, though: they downgraded their relationship with me, and they probably consider me an attractive target...

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Dec 21st, 2019

Code Vein

Decided to move on in my NG+ playthrough and beat the bosses at the end of Crypt Spire, although Mido took a heck of a long time for me to finally defeat him, which was a complete contrast to my very first time where I won straight away. He is my favourite villain in the game so it wasn't as frustrating.

Also did the new Tower Trials. Completed the Tower Trial I, but II I bailed on the Mido copy as I hadn't fought his real self yet in that playthrough. (which led me to continue the story as mentioned)

Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled

Played with Moony yesterday and today for that sweet Wumpa Time. I kinda sucked today though, failing many shortcuts that should be easy for me. XD

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Dec 21st, 2019

Pokemon Shield [Switch]: Did some surprise trades & raids to fill out my dex. I keep getting the starters & charmander. XD Though I've been lucky enough to be sent pokemon I need from Sword for the bare spots left in my dex.

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Dec 22nd, 2019

If you need particular Pokemon from Sword, queen, you can ask me anytime! I'm trying to fill my dex as well at this point since I recently just finished the game (not post-game, mind you) and am working on a good team and dex presently. Wink

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Dec 26th, 2019

(Dec 22nd, 2019, 04:30 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
If you need particular Pokemon from Sword, queen, you can ask me anytime! I'm trying to fill my dex as well at this point since I recently just finished the game (not post-game, mind you) and am working on a good team and dex presently. Wink

Well I also need to trade & get back pokemon for my dex as well. 

Need to trade & get back:
Slurpuff
Aromatise
Rhydon
Karrablast
Shelmet

I then need to trade for:
Scraggy
Passimian
Turtonator
SolRock
& Zacian

I can trade back the Zacian, just need it for my dex. Everything else I'd like to keep if possible. Idk if you need a Mew for entry but I've got one (I don't mind trading for a dex entry just want it back). *shrug*

-Last game I played: Pokemon Shield: [Switch] Playing my file on my Switch Lite (yellow). I just beat the fire gym & arrived at Hammerlock.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Dec 27th, 2019

Endless Space 2

I got this game in the Steam Winter Sale. It's one of those 4X games set in space - so you're building an empire made up of planets and star systems, and competing against other similar empires.

I was really enjoying my first game - although, after I screwed it up by making an incorrect choice, I became rather annoyed with it (I won't go into details here, but it was a decision which was: a) irreversible, and b) important in a way that was completely non-obvious to a beginner >_< ). I might just start a new game, because I don't think I can face going back 20 turns to my latest save from before that happened...

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Dec 29th, 2019

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Playing online in Quickplay, making some use of my subscription. Had all sorts of matches, with items, without, normal stage, omega or Battlefield and so on. Played as Luigi, Yoshi, Kirby, Ganondorf, Mewtwo and Roy so far.

In Shield, advanced a bit in the Champion Cup.

In Fire Emblem Three Houses, started the game and chose Adrestian Empire, but haven't done much since then.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Dec 30th, 2019

Terraria

I just made a start on a new world. Didn't really play it, though: I only had time to set up the world itself and the character... and then immediately jump to my death Tongue .

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jan 1st, 2020

Spider-Man (PS4)
Finally beat the story of this game last night and it's instantly one of my favorite PS4 games and definitely Insomniac's best game. I'll share my full thoughts in the thread later when I get a chance.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jan 2nd, 2020

Antiquia Lost (PS4)

Started and finished this within a few days. Your typical Kemco game. Pretty much mediocre everything but for some reason is just fun to play. Platinum #141 added to my collection.

Star Ocean: First Departure R (PS4)

Nearing the end of my first play through (of three required for the platinum). Messed up and forgot to turn the Luxurious Weapons into other weapons so that I could keep them during the bit in the treasure vault, so that kind of sucks. Makes me miss out on the best weapon for Roddick for pretty much the rest of the game until he gets his ultimate weapon in the post-game dungeon. But since I need to do three more play throughs, and only need to go through the post-game dungeon once for trophies, I might just skip it on this play through and do it on the second or third. I opted to pass on all of the good mages this play through (going with Phia, Perecci, Welch and Cyuss as my optionals), so my team is heavily melee, so it's probably a good idea to wait until I have a more balanced team on another play through to tackle that stuff anyways. Especially so I can have a backup healer in case Millie gets into a bad position where she's not able to pop off a heal.

Azur Lane (Android)

Not a whole lot going on in here aside from farming the current event. Have a lot more in the event shop to get this time around, so I'm trying to actually keep up with the grind so I can get it all. Normally the shop has one copy of one of the event SRs in it, but this time around they put 5 copies of her in there, enough to be able to fully limit break her if you get all five of them. Only problem is that she costs 8K points to get, and most of the time you're going to end with a round 40-60K points by the end of the event (unless you have the time to seriously no-life grind the event from start to finish), so that doesn't leave much room to be able to buy all the other good resources in the shop. But like I said, I'm going to do what I can to make sure I can clear the shop best I can, because I definitely don't want to be missing out on all the goodies they have in it this time.

Other than that my focus has been on leveling a few specific girls. After relying on Akagi and Kaga for so long, I finally got around to getting Hiryuu and Souryuu (and retrofitting them). I'm not sure how much of an upgrade those two are over Akagi and Kaga, but I know that they are indeed an upgrade to go along with Nagato in the main fleet. I also got Jintsuu after a long time of farming for her. She provides a massive 20% Torpedo buff to Destroyers in the Vanguard, which is huge considering that Ayanami and Yukikaze both have insane TORP stats and that just makes their damage even more ridiculous than it already was. I still have some work to do with them though. Still need to retrofit Jintsuu so she goes to SR, plus she's only level 96 at the moment (max 120), and Hiryuu is only 105 and Souryuu 104. So they all have a little work ahead of them to get up to par with the rest of the squad, but man do I look forward to seeing what this team is going to be capable of once they are level 120 with maxed out skills.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jan 3rd, 2020

Updating this since I have Sword & started a file on my Switch Lite so I can trade to myself.

I don't need to trade:
Slurpuff
Aromatise
Rhydon
Karrablast
Shelmet

Since I traded them to my separate Switch Lite Sword file I started.  

I just need to trade for:
Passimian
Turtonator
SolRock
& Zacian

Anywho.. Last games I played were Sword getting my first gym badge; which was the grass one. Then Animal Crossing Pocket Camp; per usual until New Horizon releases. xp

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jan 5th, 2020

Endless Space 2

I've become a bit addicted to this game over the past week or so Tongue . I'm 240 turns into my second game, and I've researched the entire tech tree; taken total control of the galactic economy; and built a fleet powerful enough to crush anybody foolish enough not to ally with me.

(In fact, pretty much the only thing I haven't done is achieved any of the victory conditions; however, that will be coming shortly!)