Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - May 5th, 2020

Trials of Mana (Switch)

Realised getting the 8 elementals was about 2/3's of the game or indeed halfway considering I could go about searching for collectables and class items as I have only 2/9 classes unlocked for my three characters. Also depending on what happens after the 8 new bosses I didn't consider about, there's still enough to do. First of those 8 was fun to fight too.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - May 11th, 2020

Skyrim

Finally picked this up again, after spending most of the past month on Transport Fever and Minecraft. I'm currently in the middle of the Aetherium Shards quest from one of the DLCs... but I'm struggling to beat the Dwarven Centurion thing at the end. I seem to be completely outmatched Sad !

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - May 12th, 2020

@Kyng : Is it your level that's a problem or just haven't got a strategy on how to deal with it yet?

Trials of Mana (Switch)

Completed first playthrough, on to the post-game content. Getting items for Class 4 level up that's only available in this part of the game. Still haven't unlocked all Class 2 and Class 3 yet as I wasn't sure on what would happen exactly when I reset, so stuck with what I had that was good enough for late game.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - May 18th, 2020

Trials of Mana (Switch)

Played it like three times since my last post, two times were going through the post-game area then yesterday the last bit then the post game boss. Fought them twice, once for the story and then second was to test how long it would take me to beat her as there's a challenge to win in 6 minutes, and my time was 10:28. XD So I'll need to grind and level up to have better chances. Will start a second playthrough with the other three characters while I do that too.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - May 23rd, 2020

Days Gone (PS4)
Been playing this a lot the past week just because I've had the free time to do so, and I have to say I'm glad I didn't spend much for this game. It has some moments where it shines but there are just so many problems with it that would stop me from recommending it to anyone, the biggest reason being that it's just such a drag. I haven't played a game that felt like it has as much unnecessary filler as much as this one. It just has no right or need to be as long as it is. It isn't helped that everyone in the game is so unlikeable to the point I wish the story could end with everyone dead.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - May 23rd, 2020

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Playing onllne with various characters. Losing is so annoying only because of Global Smash Power. My best characters so far have been Dark Pit, Wii Fit Trainer and Toon Link, with Luigi being my worst out of the 16 I have tried. Thought my Ike would do better but it's up and down with him and Byleth. Then again I'm only playing in Quickplay where match rules vary a lot. Hate Stamina mode online, where I think rules try and mix preferred rules of players when the game adds freaking stocks to it. It's not that I'm losing there but it's just not right to include that with Stamina. XD My preferred rules are 3 stock Battlefield Team Battle anyway.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - May 25th, 2020

Terraria

I started a new world, now that Journey's End has come out. So far, it's going okay; however, I haven't really got into any of the new content yet Tongue .

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - May 26th, 2020

(May 25th, 2020, 02:25 AM)Kyng Wrote:
Terraria

I started a new world, now that Journey's End has come out. So far, it's going okay; however, I haven't really got into any of the new content yet Tongue .
I've barely seen any new content yet since @ShiraNoMai and I are trying to finish up our pre-1.4 world. We can beat the Lunatic Cultist and managed to get through the Celestial Towers, albeit it painfully, but we died on Moon Lord which puts you back to the Cultist boss. For a first try we did good though; we got the Moon Lord down to 1/3 of its health (assuming it has a single overall health bar).

Days Gone (PS4)
Finished the story yesterday, and got the platinum trophy today. This game really inspired me to try writing a review, so I might try and do one for it across this week and the next because I have a lot to say about it.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - May 31st, 2020

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA MegaMix (NS)

I've been slowly working on unlocking all of the songs on Extreme/EX Extreme mode. The worst part about playing this game is that 90% of the songs are the same songs from Future Tone (exact same note charts and everything), but I have to play through all of them on Hard to unlock Extreme. So basically I'm doing what I've already done on Future Tone, but of course being a super Miku fan, how can I not fully unlock everything in MegaMix?

I was a bit disappointed that the note charts in this game are exactly copy/paste from Future Tone. The sliders and the double/triple/quad notes are all the same as well. I was hoping that they'd change things up so this game was it's own, but it's more of a downgraded port of Future Tone with a new graphic style. There is the new gameplay mode for the Switch, using the motion controls, but I've seen a lot of people say that it's very, very bad, so that doesn't make me interested in playing it at all. Overall I don't regret buying MegaMix, because again, super Miku fan that will eat up anything Miku related, but at the same time I am disappointed that they just quickly copy/pasted Future Tone. The wait for a true new Miku game continues. I will say though that it is nice to have another on-the-go Miku game.

Phantom Breaker Battelgrounds: Overdrive (PS4)

This was a quick game. I started it with a friend to play the co-op, but after it proved to be a disappointing experience, I decided just to go through myself for the trophies (no platinum). The game was... eh. I felt they tried to make the game too much like a fighting game instead of a beat-em up, so that took some enjoyment out of it for me. There's a lot of annoying parts where there's so many enemies that you just get juggled forever, and it made the game more frustrating than anything. Overall I'd say the game was fun, but it definitely isn't something I'd ever go back and play, unless it was to help a friend level up in co-op (although I will be going after the trophies on the Vita version eventually).

Nioh 2 (PS4)

Haven't played in a while, but last time I did, I made it to the final region of the game. So far the game has been a mix of fun and extreme frustration. Some of the bosses in the later half of the game are just extremely stupid, and it saps a lot of the fun out of the game. I'm hoping the bosses in the last region might restore some of the fun in the game, but I know there's one upcoming boss that a lot of people say is the absolute biggest piece of garbage in either Nioh or Nioh 2, so I'm not really looking forward to getting to that, and it might be why I've been slacking on playing this game for the last week and a half.

Sakura Wars (PS4)

I'm very slowly making my way through this game. The start of this game was pretty brutal in terms of how slow it starts, and how long it feels like it's dragging on. When I finally did get to my first taste of combat, it was a pretty big yikes. I know musou games aren't usually very deep, but the combat in this is pretty bad even by musou standards. The characters are interesting, the character interactions are good so far and the story seems interesting enough to this point. Hopefully the story ends up getting really good though, because with how bad the gameplay is in the game, the story is going to need to really carry the game and pick up the slack. I'm still relatively early in the game, so can't comment much more than this right now.

Secret of Mana (NS)

Finally finished this game before going to sleep last night. Overall I'm not a huge fan of the game, or at least the original SNES version of the game, which this was. The combat just didn't feel very fun throughout the game and most bosses came down to just spamming magic on them until they died, because they move around far too much for melee to be effective on most of them. It also doesn't help that a lot of bosses seem to have really stupid hitboxes, so even when it looks like you hit them, you didn't because their hitbox wasn't in the same spot as their sprite. I look forward to starting up the remake on PS4 now, just to see if they improved that aspect so boss battles will actually feel enjoyable.

Trials of Mana (NS)

The best part of finishing Secret of Mana is that I finally get to start playing this. I've heard time and time again that Trails of Mana is by far the best of the Mana games, so I am very excited to sink my teeth into this one (and also so I can finish it and get around to playing the recently released remake of it). I haven't gotten a big taste of the combat yet, but from what little I did get to do, the combat system feels much better in this than Secret of Mana. The game has a ton of QoL improvements over the second one, which is to be expected, such as being able to see what items do in the shop menu. In SoM, you have no idea what any items do unless you get one and use it to see. You also don't get to see the stat differences between equipment, which I'm hoping is another QoL improvement in Trials (I haven't been able to buy any new equipment yet). So far I have a good feeling about the game though, and I think I'm going to really love this one.

Azur Lane (Android)

We currently have a re-run event happening, so I've just been grinding away at it for points to clear the shop. I haven't been grinding nearly as much as I should have been though, so I'm a bit worried if I'll get enough points by the end to clear out the important stuff from the shop. Really need to stop slacking on these events, because I've left behind so many valuable resources. I have been taking the chance during these event re-runs to start leveling up some other girls who aren't at 120 yet. Trying to further expand the amount of girls I have available to clear out the harder content, especially with how brutal Chapter 13 is. I went into the chapter with my main IJN team who are all level 120 and got slapped around pretty hard. The amount of enemy aircraft in the chapter is insane and they can just slaughter your team. So I have been spending time leveling up girls who are great for Anti-Air combat, and also more of my own aircraft carriers so that I can return the favor on the enemy. It's been a slow process, but chapter 13 isn't going any where, so I have plenty of time to form an ideal team for it.

Arknights (Android)

There's currently an event happening in this game as well. I've already finished part 1 of it, and just need to wait until June 3rd for part 2 to unlock. The best part of this event is the release of a new character - Mostima - who is our first 6* AoE caster. Well, that's not technically correct. Ifrit is, but her attack is in a straight line (5-6 panels long), so she's very situational, where as Mostima has a 3x3 area of attack. I'm very excited for Part 2 to unlock so that I can really put Mostima to the test and see what she can do.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jun 1st, 2020

Sid Meier's Civilization VI

I was finishing off a scenario that I started yesterday. This was the infamous "Vikings scenario", which has overwhelmingly negative reviews on Steam, mainly because it was way overpriced. However, I recently got it as part of a "Complete your collection" DLC bundle, so I decided to check it out. It was good fun - if a little easy, due to the game's horrible AI!

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jun 1st, 2020

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

More online, then on times after just offline, both not for long. Online lost a bit with Dark Pit but came back but isn't at the top of my characters with GSP.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
One late evening I was trying out a Pre-Hooktail Pit run but wasn't serious as it was so late. Got to level 30 then stopped. Realised I didn't buy some more badges or used Star Pieces with Dazzle, so need to do that next time.
Also played on another save which was right before Shadow Queen. Beat her quite easily but my Superguards in both the Pit and here were not as good as I once was. I had Vivian use Veil when Shadow Queen used her big wave attack, and when I did attempt a Superguard against it, I failed. I remember being good at timing that. Need to train against Piranhas, Bob-ulks, Wizzerds and Arantulas as they'll be my downfall in the Pit run I want to do.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jun 3rd, 2020

Jak 3 (PS4)
Finished the game yesterday and was going for the Platinum, with the only trophy left to get it being "Collect 600 Precursor Orbs". I was on track to get it, only to discover at 588/600 that the 12 I was missing was because of a glitch with one of the games challenges not awarding me upon completion. With no way to make that challenge give me the missing orbs, I assumed I was screwed out of the trophy unless I collect all 600 again from scratch. While looking up for information about the glitch, I discovered the game has a debug menu that lets you give yourself 600 orbs, but you must have at least 300 already collected for the 600 trophy to register when using the debug menu. Since I had 588 I was fine and just used the debug menu to give myself extra orbs to reach the total needed for the trophy.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jun 7th, 2020

God Eater 3 demo (Switch)
Saw this on sale at half price and there was a demo available to play, so went in and tried it. Quite interested, took a little while to get used to how it played as I kept trying to compare to Code Vein when I know I shouldn't. Considering this, since I'm struggling to get into playing anything lately. The sale price seems good to get, or buy a physical copy for a bit more. Don't get why Switch version is originally £50 digital and physical at £55, where PS4 is, oh digital is £50 where physical I see at £27. Makes me regret not buying GER and GE2 when I saw it going cheap.

Also some offline Super Smash Ultimate vs and with CPU in teams.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jun 8th, 2020

Crypt of the NecroDancer

This run ended the way that many of my recent ones have been: I tried to kill the shopkeeper in the early levels, messed it up, and died Tongue . (Annoyingly, I picked up a Freezing Ring early on, which would have kept the shopkeeper frozen in place... but then I replaced it with something else before trying to kill him >_< !)

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jun 17th, 2020

Yet more SSBU...

Mario Bros. (Arcade Archives)

Bought just for the sake of having something quick to play, before I decided to buy God Eater 3. Also for old times sake, but my old time was from the GBA games that included a slight updated version if I remember correctly. I'm assuming this Arcade Archives version is exactly reminiscent of/is the proper original game just put on the Switch, as it's a little harder to control Mario as I remember from the GBA as you can't jump then move in a direction when you're in the air, but doing so allows you to only jump in place. If you're already moving that's when you can control Mario from a jump on the ground. Or perhaps the GBA versions was like that too and I'm wrong. XD Anyway, can't get as far as I used to as I know I was well into having the quickest types of the three main enemies, Slipices, icicles and fireballs all going mad. So far only just made it to ordinary Fighter Flies coming in before dying.

God Eater 3 (Switch digital)

Bought this instead of PS4 as missions are short and quick, and the ease of getting into my Switch is that much faster than PS4. Enjoying the game regardless, went with a female protagonist as I couldn't find and settle on a decent male customisation. Quite like the group of characters too, and Phym is just too cute.  =3 Glare