Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jun 21st, 2020

Animal Crossing: New Horizons: Played for the day & did my daily stuff.

Pokemon Sheild: Since beating Sword's version of the Isle of Armor dlc & got a complete dex I'm doing the same for sheild. ^^

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jun 22nd, 2020

Just some Flash games that I played for largely nostalgic purposes.

However, these did include Hexxagon... whose AI screwed up and ran out of counters, thus giving me an automatic 58-0 victory:

[Image: oS65TDa.png]

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jun 25th, 2020

The Last of Us Part 2 (PS4)
Got to the end of the game today, and my immediate takeaway is it's far too long. The ending is a slog and I really couldn't wait for it to be over. I'm still mulling over everything the game does to decide how I feel about it as an overall experience and story.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jun 25th, 2020

Animal Crossing: New Hrizons (Switch): Played as I do every day & do the same stuff. lol

Lufia & the Fortress of Doom (SNES): I've gotten as far as Grenoble & am in the middle of a cave where I was asked to retrieve a secret scroll & some other item to get further in the story.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jun 26th, 2020

Accel World vs Sword Art Online (PS4)

I decided to finally start playing this -- only having bought it three or four years ago when it first released. It's the only SAO game I haven't played yet, and I'm not really sure why I left it sitting for so long while still playing other SAO games that released after it (Hollow Realization, Fatal Bullet). But with the new SAO game coming out next month, I figured it was time to finally get around to this one and clear it out. So far I'm having fun with the game. The combat and everything is the exact same as in Lost Song (this game takes place in the same VRMMO as Lost Song), which I loved, so that makes it easier to enjoy this one. Other than that, not much to say about the game so far except for fuck the super low drop rates on items I need for quests.

World War Z (PS4)

Just been farming a level for exp/money. Unfortunately the best/fastest way to level up and earn credits to upgrade guns is to run the first 3 minutes of a level on the hardest difficulty over and over and over and over again. It's very boring, but like I said, unfortunately it's by far the fastest way to get upgrades. My friend and I are really enjoying the game, but we could both do with it being a little less grindy. But we just have to get ourselves strong enough to be able to clear out Horde Mode and we should be able to earn money quite a bit faster, which will allow us to get our guns stronger faster, and then hopefully we'll be able to tackle Extreme mode. Though we might have to let a couple of randoms in to accomplish that goal.

Trials of Mana (Switch)

Continuing to work my way through the game very slowly. Still having a blast though. The combat is much better than SoM and it makes me happy that Square Enix finally decided to give this game to the West. I keep getting more and more excited to get to the remake as well, because if the original is this good, the remake should be absolutely fantastic. Just need to actually spend a little more time playing this every day so I get through it faster.

Arknights (Android)

Our latest event just finished up, and today they announced that we're finally getting Chapter 6 in the main story, as well as getting a new 6* Operator named Blaze. I looked into her abilities and she seems extremely good, so I'm beginning the process of farming up all the materials I need to promote her, upgrade her skills and the money/exp tickets to level her. She releases on the 30th, so hopefully by then I'll have everything needed to instantly get her to Elite 2 level 50-ish.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jun 28th, 2020

Crypt of the NecroDancer

I had some pretty poor luck in some respects. I found very few weapons that could hit two tiles away - and, when I did find them, they didn't fit in with the rest of my setup. Therefore, I spent most of the game playing with an Obsidan Flail - which is probably my favourite weapon with a one tile range - but, ultimately, it's still a weapon with a one tile range. It meant I took a lot of hits that would have been avoided in most games >_< .

Still, I did get a couple of pieces of good equipment (like a Gold Ring), and I ended up with a score in the 18000s Grin .

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jun 30th, 2020

God Eater 3 (Switch)

Just a bit of progression in the story and 8 challenges.

Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia (demo)

Had to try out the demo after looking at the eShop page when it was release. Quite disappointed there was a limited pre-order run back in May, but I didn't know of it then or wasn't interested, but now I am. Also disappointed not every character has a personalised unit model (Rune Knights that is), only the leaders of the six nations are. When a 14 year old teen (whose artwork when they speak is obviously short) has a large adult model, pirates and a tribe (with both leaders fitting their nation) get clad in full armor and such, they look way off. There's others but those were the worst offenders. Would've made a bit of sense if they died for good when defeated, but they return two seasons after the battle they lose in. I like the hexagon spaces making there be even more chance to attack a unit, but also harder to defend against. There being a turn limit also boosts a bit of difficulty, as you don't have long to just make units move around for a pincer attack, plus AI isn't dumb enough to let you do that, at least when I tried to they moved to intercept me. XD Hard difficulty setting sounds like it'll genuinely be hard, as there is the limit of 60 seasons to complete the game plus improved AI (Easy has no limit, Normal is 120). May wait for this to go on sale if I can only get digital.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Leveling up my Palutena and Zero Suit Samus amiibos to Lv. 50 as I realised hadn't done that yet for them. Even at that level they really like jumping around for no reason, even if I stand still against them. There must be some way to get them to stop doing that when an enemy is nowhere near them, but my Palutena can beat level 9s OK, just not when she randomly teleports off the stage and kills herself. I know I do that too but only as a way to make room and still be on the stage at least. XD ZSS is struggling a bit.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jul 12th, 2020

Infinifactory

Just been optimising one of my previous solutions, to make it a smidge quicker Tongue . Here's my original solution, which completed the puzzle in 102 cycles:

And here's my optimised solution, which completed the puzzle in 95 cycles:

As you can see, it's a vastly more complicated solution - just to save 7 cycles. But, it gets me under the 100-cycle mark, so I'll take it Grin !

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 14th, 2020

The Last of Us (PS4)
Went back to this to play the multiplayer since I don't really have any other game with a multiplayer component I want to play in.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jul 20th, 2020

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Up to Chapter 11 out of 17 now, at 60 hours. If I did concentrate solely on the story and ignored all exploration and side quests I probably would've been done by now, I think. Did begin to give up on completely exploring an area at Eryth Sea as it takes very long to swim towards the edges of a map, and Valak Mountain I still need to properly explore but I wasn't fond of the area at first. Discovered ice floors there though and a mega jump slide you get to do to find the (or one of) highest place in the map which was really fun. LOL Plus it also had an epic cutscene at the end of the chapter. After that I did more side quests then Sword Valley and now in Galahad Fortress. Really hoping the last party member joins soon.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 22nd, 2020

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4)
Finally picked this up again after the cannon guy in the Ashina opening area kept killing me. No idea how he got me so good back when I last played because I did the area with ease this time around. I think my next thing is fighting some apparition in a cave or something.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jul 23rd, 2020

Paper Mario: The Origami King [Switch]: I beat the game & saw the ending late last night.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 23rd, 2020

(Jul 23rd, 2020, 06:19 PM)sunshine queen Wrote:
Paper Mario: The Origami King [Switch]: I beat the game & saw the ending late last night.
How'd you find the game overall compared to other Paper Mario titles? I heard it isn't a TTYD type affair but other than that I don't know what the overall view of the game is by those that have been playing it.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jul 23rd, 2020

(Jul 23rd, 2020, 06:44 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jul 23rd, 2020, 06:19 PM)sunshine queen Wrote:
How'd you find the game overall compared to other Paper Mario titles? I heard it isn't a TTYD type affair but other than that I don't know what the overall view of the game is by those that have been playing it.

Personally I have enjoyed every single Paper Mario since Sticker Star. If your looking for another TTYD, your not really going to get that. Just hints of it tbh. I really enjoyed the story, I loved the game play, but the battle system is a bit overwhelming impo. I got used to it, but it could have been better impo. If you 100% the game & get all the trophies & collectibles you get a 5 minute 'secret ending' that's kind of not worth doing all that impo. Still, I really enjoyed the game a whole lot.

Playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons [Switch]: I'm looking for my daily scallop & doing my usual stuff for the day.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jul 26th, 2020

Nioh 2 (PS4)

So a lot has happened since the last time I posted about this game. First off, that boss people said was horrible ended up being nothing to worry about at all. Second, I beat the game a while ago and have been going through the second difficulty of the game (basically Nioh's way of doing NG+). So far the game has been easier on the second difficulty, but of course a lot of that has to due with the fact that I have an end-game build set-up now so I can melt things. I went with this dual blades build I saw on YouTube and it's fucking glorious. I unlocked the final region of the game last night and went directly after the final boss of the game, and I melted him within 10 seconds. It felt so good. I have to thank the Nioh 2 community a lot for it though. I needed some inheritable skills (skills on equipment that can be transferred to another piece of equipment), and normally they are a nightmare to find because it's complete RNG, but you can "trade" items in a way by equipping them, dying, and then having another player summon your revenant and when they kill it, it can drop the piece of equipment. So I went onto the Nioh 2 Discord and asked if anyone could help me get the skills I needed and multiple people were happy to help. So thanks to that I was able to complete my build without hours upon hours of grinding for skills I might not find, and now I'm just enjoying trying to finish my gear before the first DLC drops in a few days, and with it a new difficulty level.

I do have to say, after clearing the game and making my way through NG+, Nioh 2 has been an absolutely fantastic adventure. Sure, there were a few times I got really frustrated at the game, but overall the game has been amazing and is easily my personal Game of the Year so far. It is definitely a 10/10 game for me.

Accel World vs Sword Art Online (PS4)

Steadily making my way through this game still. Haven't been playing it all that much because the gameplay just isn't clicking with me a whole lot. Which is weird because I loved Lost Song and this game is based on that game's mechanics, but I guess it might just be the few changes they made here and there to them that has thrown me off. Either way, I am getting through the game slowly. Very slowly making my way towards the trophy for getting a character to level 1,000.

Arknights (Android)

We have our 6-month anniversary event starting soon, and with it comes a really cool character named Nian. She's a Defender that has a skill that gives a massive DEF buff to teammates around her and also gives them +1 Block, which is a really nice buff. I can't wait to see what kind of fun strategies you can come up with that. Just put a couple of other Defenders next to her, proc her skill and watch them just be a wall that enemies cannot get through. I've already gotten all the materials I need to level her and promote her to E2 immediately, and now I'm just working on farming up the materials to level up her skill and get it to Mastery 3 right away as well. Hopefully I can have it finished by the time she drops, but her skill takes some really annoying materials to level, so it's going to require a lot of farming.

Tales of Crestoria [Android]

Been playing this the last couple of weeks. It's decent, but nothing too amazing. I might be dropping it, but right now I'm just trying to see if I can keep myself interested in it. I used my free SSR pick to get best Tales girl Rita, and also pulled Velvet from my first gacha pull. Wanted to get Milla too, but so far the RNG gods have not deemed me worthy of her. I did get garbage Sorey (Tales of Zestiria) though, which made me want to uninstall the game instantly. There's a summer banner right now and I've been trying to get the cute girl in a bikini off of it, but so far no luck. Game does not want me to be happy.