Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Nov 24th, 2020

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

More online, turns out 7,700,000's isn't completely in Elite Smash as I had Lucina in there but my Zelda's GSP was higher but that was in, so in the middle somewhere is the point of entry. I lost more with Lucina though so I haven't got her in yet. Doh I have Bowser and Wii Fit in there now though. Struggling still with the rest of characters that I have been using, there are so many good players around in the 6-7.7 mil GSP still, it's nuts.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Nov 28th, 2020

Genshin Impact

Going through the Unreonciled Stars event, and stupidly didn't realise what it really was, didn't think was a full on side story that's optional but you can unlock Fischl and a few more items at the end of it. Towards the end now but stuck kind of on the Fallen Star part. It's like a gauntlet of battles but in the middle of it you have to give the Fallen Star energy you collect from defeating the enemies, but other enemies can interrupt you when you have the Star absorb the energy from you. Keep running out of time as it's a 10 or so minute challenge, and my Klee's weapon hasn't been upgraded yet. Just done a swap around of weapons between Klee, Barbara and Lisa as they all use a book so I'll see where that'll get me...

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Nov 30th, 2020

Civilization V

I was going to play Beyond Earth today, but it refused to start up Sad . Oh, well... Civ 5 is a better game anyway LOL .

I'm playing as Rome in this game, to make a change from the peaceful economic civs I usually play. Here, I started by building a bunch of World Wonders (including the Temple of Artemis and the Hanging Gardens - which are very useful for making up for the lack of food, from starting in plains and hills instead of grassland). Then, when I got access to my unique Roman units, I declared war on Rome, and captured two of their cities:

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Dec 9th, 2020

@Mr EliteL Unfortunately the third phase of that event was meant to be done in multiplayer, where you'd have three other players to take the heat off of you while you deposited the energy. Doing it solo would be near impossible, because you just can't keep the enemies off of yourself long enough to get all of the energy stored. Next time an event like this pops up, and if you're still playing the game at that time, definitely hop online to get it completed much easier, and much faster.

Genshin Impact (PS4)

I haven't really been doing a whole lot in this game aside from the current mini-event we have and then spending a lot of time being indecisive on what I want to work on next for character progression. Between farming artifacts for Klee, continuing to farm up ascension materials for other characters, farming weapon ascension materials or farming up talent books. There's a lot to do, but not enough resin to go around. I went ahead and increased my world level to 6, so now all the enemies are between level 70 and 80, with the world bosses being level 83, I believe. Thankfully Klee being the bringer of ruin and destruction that she is, I've had no problem taking down any of them. Though I really do need to get my ass working on artifact farming so I can get Klee to the absolute peak of her potential. The game still refuses to give me Keqing though, which has been a huge downer on my plans for my final team set-ups.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (PS4)

So far I've been enjoying this game a lot. The combat is a lot of fun and the rice farming is much deeper and has a lot more to it than I thought it would. Still trying to get the methods down so I can make the absolute best yields. Think I'm missing some skills that will be required to achieve perfection though, so I just need to continue as best as I can until those skills/tools unlock. Once they do, I can really focus on having the best possible harvests at the end of the year cycle for the biggest stat increases. I definitely recommend this game to anyone who might have been on the fence about it -- you won't regret it.

Arknights (PS4)

We just finished our first event re-run, and it was very good timing for me. The 1-year anniversary is coming up in January, and with it will bring a character I've been waiting a long time for, named 'W' (well, that's her codename). I love her design (This is her ), and she's the first 6* Sniper that wasn't part of the launch line-up. I've also heard she's very powerful to boot, so that makes me more excited to finally get my hands on her. What I am most interested in though is learning her story, because W is actually part of the bad guys, but she decides to defect from them and join your organization instead. I have been very excited to learn why she made the switch. Though I think I'll have to wait until January to find out, when Chapter 7 of the story gets added, and with it the W banner. First up we have a new event starting on the 10th called "Darknights Memoir", which I think kind of delves into W's history to show why she joined Reunion (the big bad of the game), and how she came to be how she currently is. Then afterwards we'll get Chapter 7 + W banner and during Chapter 7 is when I think we get the story of why W is changing sides. Either way, I'm super excited for it and it's going to be an extremely fun month and a half for us in this game.

The only bad thing is that this event starting up tomorrow brings a few new characters with it, and the new 6*, Phantom, is actually very interesting. I've been saving up all of my pull currency for W, aside from pulling on new banners for the guaranteed 5/6* in the first 10 pulls, but I'm really tempted to splurge a little bit of my savings to try and acquire Phantom. His ability is really cool, after being deployed, you can then deploy a phantom of him in another spot to attack enemies. It looks like it could be a really good skill to have around, and he's got a short re-deployment time, so you can do a lot of fun strategies with him. Though I also have to remember that the W banner has not one, but two 6* units on it, and both W and the other 6* character are considered very top-tier units, so it might take a bit of pulling to get both of them. But I just have to pray to the gods of RNG to give me both of them without too much effort, and maybe let me pull Phantom in the first 10 pulls so I can have my cake and eat it too.

Azur Lane (Android)

We're coming up to the end of our current event, which is a Dead or Alive Xtreme Vacation crossover. I managed to get all of the new characters, of course, and I've been steadily farming away at the event to clear the event shop (having the last two weeks off due to illness really helped with having time to heavily farm this event). Not sure what's coming after this event, but I'm willing to bet we'll have a re-run of something, and then the next major event to follow afterwards. Gonna be hard to want to focus too much on what's going on in here with all of the excitement going on in Arknights that I mentioned, haha.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Dec 11th, 2020

(Dec 9th, 2020, 11:01 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
@Mr EliteL  Unfortunately the third phase of that event was meant to be done in multiplayer, where you'd have three other players to take the heat off of you while you deposited the energy. Doing it solo would be near impossible, because you just can't keep the enemies off of yourself long enough to get all of the energy stored. Next time an event like this pops up, and if you're still playing the game at that time, definitely hop online to get it completed much easier, and much faster.

Ah, it's a good thing I accidentally hit co-op mode whilst I was attempting to beat it 6 more times, and realised it was much easier that way with three more players, glad I didn't stop to try and do it myself. Even stuck around to help another player complete their 7 too. I'll use co-op more when I'm having trouble or on events like that.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Just playing Ghost Battle and Team Battle, ah how I've missed Team Battle and playing Angel.

Some online and against CPU. Still have no one else in Elite Smash yet, although I've randomly got Isabelle close, what? XD

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Dec 16th, 2020

(Dec 9th, 2020, 11:01 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (PS4) 

So far I've been enjoying this game a lot. The combat is a lot of fun and the rice farming is much deeper and has a lot more to it than I thought it would. Still trying to get the methods down so I can make the absolute best yields. Think I'm missing some skills that will be required to achieve perfection though, so I just need to continue as best as I can until those skills/tools unlock. Once they do, I can really focus on having the best possible harvests at the end of the year cycle for the biggest stat increases. I definitely recommend this game to anyone who might have been on the fence about it -- you won't regret it. 
The rice farming is the only thing I ever hear of this game to the point I actually forgot/didn't realise it had combat. What's the combat like, since there was a point I had a brief interest in this game but I didn't follow it to build my interest or determine whether I'd actually like the game or not.

Pummel Party (PC)
Played this a week ago but just forgot to post about it. It's basically an 8-player Mario Party but with power-ups on the board that you can use against other players. I only played one game of it but it seems really fun and could be a good party game some of us could play here if anyone else is interested.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS4)
Finished the story on Sunday with @ShiraNoMai and besides the motion controls, I love everything about this game. I kinda wish there were rewards for acing levels, but there doesn't seem to be anything except a trophy for doing it on 30 levels. I'll still do it on every level just because I want to and love the game enough to do it, even if there turns out to be zero reward for doing it.

The Last of Us: Remastered (PS4)
Just played multiplayer. It's the only game I play multiplayer on these days and tends to be my go to boredom game.

Hades (NS)
I've had 17 runs on this game and my last run was my second one where I actually beat Hades. I got a ridiculously good build with the spear to the point I became borderline invincible since I had deflect on my attack, special, and dash, so as long as I didn't do nothing or face an enemy with physical attacks very little managed to hit me.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Dec 19th, 2020

I now have Dark Pit, Pit, Palutena, Lucina and Donkey Kong in Elite Smash, woohoo! That's only 8 out of 85, although I know I'm useless with some characters and refuse to play a few so...well I'm not trying to get everyone in just the ones I'm happy to play/know I'm good with.

I went and bought Fighter Pack 2 because I just had to jump in on that Sephiroth Challenge. Went to Very Hard straight away, used Dark Pit and defeated him with two down aerial attacks with the spike hitbox on my third attempt. Then I picked a few more characters to fight him with. After that I tried him out myself but against CPU, watched Mario, Link, Samus, Cloud vs Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, Sephiroth on Temple (villains won) then played some more against CPU and tried Min Min too. Today I played a bit online with Ike.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Dec 21st, 2020

Civilization VI

I did try to play Transport Fever yesterday - but sadly, it's become so laggy that it's basically unplayable, and I've had to abandon it Sad . Probably what I get for playing on such a large map LOL .

Anyway, my game of Civ 6 is going rather better. I'm playing as Canada, which is one of the more peaceful civilisations: they can't declare Surprise Wars on other players, and they can't have Surprise Wars declared on them. And as if that wasn't peaceful enough, my starting position was in an isolated corner of the map, with no immediate enemies nearby (except for Rome, who were very hemmed in and didn't have nearly as much space to expand as I did). As a result, I've been able to sit back and grow in peace: I have six cities now, all of which are growing quite nicely (my capital is already up to size 18, and I'm still in the Renaissance Era Grin )

RE: Last Game You Played - WR91 - Dec 24th, 2020

So I just started Mass Effect: Andromeda today after having it since launch. I must say so far, it's great and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Dec 30th, 2020

(Dec 24th, 2020, 01:16 AM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
So I just started Mass Effect: Andromeda today after having it since launch. I must say so far, it's great and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
How much further into the game are you? Assuming you've played more, of course.

Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
Started this a few days ago and wrote some of my main thoughts on the game so far in the respective thread, but to detail something funny that happened, for whatever reason a guy on a moped sorta glitched out and fell off his moped, which proceeded to drive itself in circles in reverse. He tried to grab it, got knocked down, another NPC tried to help him up, also got knocked down, and both were trapped inside the circle getting knocked over repeatedly until they eventually escaped. The moped then went on to try and claim two more victims who were trying to walk along the path it had taken hostage but they both managed to get through unscathed. XD

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS)
Made some decent progress on my island last night. Got two more villager houses properly situated and the end result is really cute! I've got to put some more touches into the area but when it's done I'll try to remember to share a screenshot. =3

RE: Last Game You Played - WR91 - Dec 30th, 2020

(Dec 30th, 2020, 01:01 AM)Moonface Wrote:

About 5 or 6 hours. I know that's not much but the glitches the game has been known for are gone...or I just haven't noticed them.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jan 4th, 2021

Ms Pac-Man

I'm ashamed to say, I'm becoming a bit addicted >_< . So far, the furthest I've got is level 7 Tongue .

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jan 4th, 2021

Touhou Gensou Wanderer Reloaded (Switch)

Got to the point where I was in the vanilla version on my PS4. Forgot about the ending sequence, even though the game wasn't over after the first dungeon, so it confused me at first. Opening the other dungeons to do them, and will start one when I get to playing again. Would've played the weekend but wasn't feeling well.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jan 5th, 2021

(Dec 30th, 2020, 02:46 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
(Dec 30th, 2020, 01:01 AM)Moonface Wrote:

About 5 or 6 hours. I know that's not much but the glitches the game has been known for are gone...or I just haven't noticed them.
I don't remember if the game had a lot of issues patched out or not. I mostly remember the game being notorious for its facial and character animation though.

(Jan 4th, 2021, 12:20 AM)Kyng Wrote:
Ms Pac-Man
I'm ashamed to say, I'm becoming a bit addicted >_< . So far, the furthest I've got is level 7 Tongue .
I've never actually played this despite playing Pac-Man. What's the difference between what you played (since there's more than one Ms Pac-Man I believe) and regular Pac-Man?

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jan 8th, 2021

Played a bit of the Monster Hunter Rise demo on my Switch. It was pretty fun. They brought over a lot of the QoL improvements from Monster Hunter World, and overall the game plays a lot like World, so it has a familiar feeling for me (World is the only MonHun game I've ever played).

I would recommend it to anyone who has any interest in MonHun. Perhaps it could be a game we consider playing together if anyone here takes a liking to it.