Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jan 13th, 2021

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)
Dear lord I forget how bad this game is. I played for about an hour and played two levels in that time because the game is so badly optimized that I couldn't even navigate menus properly. The game just struggles to load content when in menus, to the point that you can't even navigate a users planet to see all their content. Once you get into a level there's no problems but trying to get into one is such a chore that it's no wonder the community for this game died so quickly. How on earth people are still managing to upload content and actively play it astounds me, because there was a significant number of people playing yet I can't even get through a menu without dropping to 2fps...

Honestly my experience was so bad it could probably make the worst issues of Cyberpunk look GotY worthy by comparison.

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Jan 17th, 2021

Oh shit I forgot the MonHun demo was up. Moony and I played World at PAX East 2019, and it was an interesting time. I'll see if I can download the demo to play this week. Smile

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe:
Just played with a stream-friend I made in Trihex's chat on his stream. We were basically neck and neck for most races, winning and losing equal amounts. He's played a lot more than me and I realize I haven't played this game since pre-'rona and that makes me sad Sad

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jan 17th, 2021

Civilization: Beyond Earth

Not a game I play very often these days, since it's quite similar to Civilization V, but not as good Tongue . However, if I win a game of Civ 5 with a Science victory, then I might sometimes play a game of CivBE afterwards, as a sort of 'continuation' of that game. That's what I'm doing here: my most recent Civ 5 game with India ended in a Science victory, so I'm 'continuing' that game in CivBE with the Kavithan Protectorate:

It's going quite well so far. I've set up five cities (with four of them in a ring around my capital), and they're currently growing quite nicely. I also unlocked the Dimension Folding Complex from my archaeological expeditions - and, once I've built that, my Health issues should be largely sorted Grin .

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jan 19th, 2021

Arcade Archives Mario Bros

Played a little with my dad and sister on my Switch yesterday. Was their first time ever playing, and with the harder controls they didn't fare well. Heck I can't talk, I was also bad XD but I at least could get the 2 player game to the second round of Side Steppers. When they played together they unfortunately lost on or could barely beat the first level. Maybe they'll play again some time.

After that we played SNES Super Tennis game that I have for Switch Online. That was...something else entirely.

Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded

Played briefly, was going through the first dungeon again for items and seeing what Daiyousei would do as a partner, then got to Floor...8 I think where the first rest area is and got reminded there's meant to be an alternate path later on to a new dungeon and to the plot. Stopped there.

Genshin Impact

Got back into playing this, went straight to Dragonspine for some exploration. Manage to get enough for Wishes, plus what bought with my own money; yes I thought I wouldn't but I wanted to give something for the game I'm enjoying. Got Xinyan (before paying) and Keqing, plus more Constellation unlocks and the odd new weapon. Need to start the Ganyu Chapter tomorrow, not long left.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jan 19th, 2021

Too bad you didn't pull Ganyu, Elite. She's absolutely amazing. Even at C0 with bad artifacts and a 4* weapon, she can pump out 25K+ damage per charged shot. She's by far the best DPS in the game and can really carry a team, especially a (mostly) F2P team. Plus she's hot as fuuuuuck so that's an added bonus to her.

Though Keqing is a major cutie too and a character I really want, but eludes me to this day. I've been building up for the day the game finally gives her to me though (have her BiS sword all leveled up and such). Even though she pales as a DPS in comparison to the likes of Ganyu, Klee and Diluc, she's still amazing.

As for what I am play, what else? Genshin Impact, of course. Been having fun slaughtering everything with my Ganyu. Really glad I decided to spend a little bit of cash to chase her bow from the weapon banner, because it definitely gives her a very noticeable added oomph. Haven't had much luck on farming ideal artifacts for her yet, but as I mentioned, even with bad artifacts she can completely curb-stomp the game. I need to decide on the team comp I want to run with her though. Not sure if I want to go with a Melt or Freeze team with her. It's usually better to go Cryo > Pyro for Melt (making Klee a better main DPS for that than Ganyu), so I might just go with a perma-freeze composition using Ganyu and Mona together.

Been playing a bit of Sakuna as well once I finish up all my stuff in Genshin for the day. Making some steady progress now. I'm having a blast with the combat now that I've obtained some of the better end-game skills to use. Sakuna has pushed itself into my top 5 games of the year for 2020, maybe even top 3. It's absolutely amazing.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jan 19th, 2021

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)
So today is LBP2's tenth anniversary and the nostalgia was hitting me hard enough to try playing this again. I guess last time I was having bad luck because today the game has been absolutely fine more or less. Been playing a mix of new and old stuff, including a horror level I played with @Mr EliteL and @"Yuri" way back in LBP1. It's the one with the chainsaw guy in it if either of you remember it. XD

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jan 24th, 2021

@Moonface : There's one level I kind of remember and it might be that one. All I remember though of the level is us being in a dark area going through I think a house or something and yeah it had a horror theme to it. I can't remember any more we played together.

@Dragon Lord: I have Ganyu now! I'll elaborate.

Genshin Impact

The Ganyu chapter story I couldn't do as the day after the time ran out, and mistakenly thought it had 4 days left, but that was for something else. Got annoyed but continued playing, got Keqing a bit stronger but kept Fischl on my team as I needed a bow user. Later that day I was about to go get some lunch but decided to spend Starglitter, even though I really wanted to save that up for a character or constellation in the Shop, to get 10 Wishes. Low and behold, Ganyu was in that 10 Wishes, curing my sadness of losing her story chapter. Grin  

So I've been playing this every evening and when I had my usual day off on Thursday since Tuesday. Been fighting bosses since I only fought them once before and didn't pay attention to what they dropped so I never went back. Also realised I haven't been focusing on artifacts properly, I freaking gave Traveling Doctor 3-star set to to Fischl (don't have any 4-star yet for the set) and enhanced them to max, and also made Xinyan really good (it was to try her out), which made my Barbara with no enhancements really bad and Klee lacking a bit in comparison. I don't even like using Claymores. So I gave their sets over to Barbara and Klee so they're much better now. Also got Keqing to be my strongest character and Ganyu is getting there, and is my main bow user. Ooh I also received my first 5-star weapon and it happened to be a Amos' Bow, it was meant to be. I have Kaeya as my second Cryo and having both him and Ganyu on the team I used to face Oceanid really helped. I kept losing to that boss thus not being able to ascend Barbara until I finally received a second Cryo user, so happy it was Ganyu.

I know I have still loads to do, ashamed I stopped playing for a time. Still only have early artifacts and very slowly getting new sets. Still only World Level 3, soon to be 4 I think as I'm 35 Adventure Rank and have the ascension quest waiting. Have Keqing, Klee, Ganyu and Kaeya to third ascension, still missing the two Cleansing Heart item for Barbara to ascend. Haven't got enough level up items for the others to reach 60 yet, so quests, grinding and exploring is what I need to do now.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jan 25th, 2021

Crypt of the NecroDancer

I haven't been playing very much of this lately (since I played a whole load of it a while back until I got sick of it Tongue ). However, I thought I should give it another go today Smile .

Predictably, however, it didn't go very well. I picked up a Glass Whip, which I quickly broke - and then, I died in the first boss fight.

Maybe I'll do better next time Tongue .

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jan 25th, 2021

@Mr EliteL: The only other level I have a vivid memory of us playing is Bioshock, because I joined late to you and Yuri's game and caused the level to break by re-flooding the level with water and preventing the two of you from reaching the scoreboard. Tongue

@Kyng: I assume that item is supposed to just be really strong but quick to break, given the name of it?

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Feb 1st, 2021

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (PS4)

My Limited Edition arrived a day early, so I'm able to dig into this long-awaited adventure a day early. It's just a shame that I have to go to work soon, so I'll have to take a break from enjoying it.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Feb 3rd, 2021

How is it so far @Dragon Lord?

Minecraft (PC)
Opened up the HermitCraft Season 6 map to get some ideas and unknowingly flew into a mini-golf course. Decided to give it a go and it was so well made. Might make one of my own in my single player world just for the fun of it. Grin

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Feb 11th, 2021

Pokémon Crystal:
Thought it was about time to start replaying this gem again. Already ready to face Morty, though I have a feeling I might get my ass kicked since I spent too long leveling up Pokemon for my party rather than focusing on just one. I forgot in Crystal you get a second egg (after Togepi) and a randomized baby Pokemon hatches from it. I got a Smoochum, which I've never owned before, so that's been neat.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Feb 14th, 2021

Bravely Default 2 (NS)
Started the demo up about half an hour ago and just been taking it slow to just get a good idea of how the game is to play. Feels very similar to Octopath in ways which is nice. Can't say how I feel about the story because I have no clue what's going on due to lack of prologue context.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Feb 14th, 2021

(Jan 25th, 2021, 11:37 PM)Moonface Wrote:
@Kyng: I assume that item is supposed to just be really strong but quick to break, given the name of it?

Indeed, that's exactly what it is. It does four times as much damage as a regular whip, but it breaks as soon as you take damage. 

Anyway, the last game I played was Civilization VI. Still going with a game that I started months ago (and am still nowhere near winning Tongue ) .

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Feb 14th, 2021

(Feb 14th, 2021, 03:27 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Anyway, the last game I played was Civilization VI. Still going with a game that I started months ago (and am still nowhere near winning Tongue ) .
Is there a point in those games where you can be nowhere near winning and know you can't turn it around before you hit a game over? Or is it possible to make a comeback any time before the game decides it's over for you?

Bravely Default 2 (NS)
Well, any interest I had for this game is dead. It is awful game design to let me through an entire dungeon and make me think I'm powerful enough to proceed, and then I get utterly destroyed by the boss multiple times regardless of what I try. I'm not interested in buying a game that wants me to grind for the first boss fight on normal difficulty.