Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Feb 16th, 2021

(Feb 3rd, 2021, 12:47 AM)Moonface Wrote:
How is it so far @Dragon Lord?

It's pretty good so far, though I haven't made much progress in it. Genshin Impact, Arknights and Azur Lane are kind of preventing me from playing much else right now.

Genshin Impact (PS4)

We have a pretty big event going on right now for the lunar new year, so I've been busy doing that. There's a tower defense mini-game that is interesting, and lots of world quests to do to gain some Primogems. They're also giving out 10 of the items used for Limited Summons, so that's a pretty nice bonus to get. A free 10-roll will help when Hu Tao, the next character I want, releases probably in March. Although there's a Keqing banner coming up next in a day or two, and she's one of the starting 5* characters in the game, and happens to be the one I've wanted the most since day 1, but has eluded me. Even during my massive $800 splash to chase a maxed out Ganyu, I didn't get her. So the temptation to pull on her banner is going to be massive, but I just need to remind myself that I will eventually get her. Better to save currency for the characters that are actually limited. 

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (PS4)

As I mentioned, the going is slow here. Been too busy with my trio of gacha games and haven't focused much on this. I am enjoying it so far though. Decided to spend some time in the first chapter doing some optional grinding, so that when Chapter 2 starts I can buy some Strength Potions to boost up one of my party member's attack a bunch and make them as OP as possible (the catgirl being my character of choice, of course). 

Cosmic Star Heroine (Vita)

Finally decide to dust off the ol' Vita and start playing it again. Got lots of games to play on it, which is a lot of platinum trophies just sitting there waiting to be had. So far I'm really enjoying the game and the things I heard about it have been true for the most part. The fun part about this is that the PS4 version, which I also have from Limited Run Games, has a separate trophy list. So once I'm done with the Vita version, I can pop in the PS4 version and speedrun it for an easy double-dip platinum. 

Arknights (Android)

We're currently in our third Contingency Contract event. The permanent map for this one turned out to be extremely easy and I was able to get everything done with that pretty fast. Just been doing the daily rotation maps for the event now. Got the shop cleared of all of the limited items. Only two more days left of the event, so it's almost done. They haven't given any word as to what's coming next though, so it seems like we might have a couple weeks of downtime, which will be pretty boring, but oh well. More time to get all the materials I need for Surtr, the next character I want really badly, so that I can max her out the moment I get her. I'm hoping she'll be what we get next, because I do believe she released shortly after CC#2 in the Chinese version of the game, and CC#2 is what we're currently on. If nothing else, I guess I'll have extra time to work on the skills of some of my other Operators, or maybe even build up a couple of 4* characters I've put off. 

Azur Lane (Android)

No big events going on here right now. We did have some mini-game event and such going on for the Lunar New Year, and had the addition of a couple of very cute Chinese sisters into the game. Hoping we get a new major event soon, 'cause I want something good to grind on since they added an auto-clear mode for farming (one of the features I wanted the most for the past couple years). In the mean time, I'm just grinding away in Operation Siren.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Feb 17th, 2021

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

Wish I took the time to play this ages ago. I was put off by how much simpler it seemed to be in terms of moves I was used to in past BlazBlue games had changed in both how to perform them and combos being multiple presses of the same button. Then I played it recently in Tactics and Training and changed my mind, but can only play vs AI, which I haven't even done yet because I want to be at least good with two characters which I don't feel I am yet. XD So far I've done all of Hazama and Mitsuru's challenge combos and aiming to be good with them and trying out my own combos.

Genshin Impact

Going through the new event DL mentioned, tried that tower defense like game and quite enjoy it. Plus grinding bosses, daily quests, domains and what have you. Got a Mona story quest to do when I get back on. Ganyu's become my best character now, although her health is the lowest out of my main team but it doesn't seem to be problem anyway. Need to keep on grindin'.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Feb 19th, 2021

Bravely Default 2 (NS)
So despite my last post on this game saying I was done with it, I had the thought that I never once in the demo looked in the shop and that my party were just using whatever basic gear they start with, give or take a little for any things that may have been upgraded a little for the demo. So I went to the shop and outfitted my entire party with better gear and managed to beat the boss first try. Haven't played past that moment much but maybe this game will end up back on my radar.

RE: Last Game You Played - Maniakkid25 - Feb 20th, 2021

World of Tanks Console (Xbone)

So the game recently went through a MASSIVE redesign, basically changing every core mechanic that isn't "move" and "shoot". Still getting used to it, and they've been doing Battle Passes (because why not). I've completed this season's, but they have an event where you need to get 250 xp in a battle 3 times (basically, just don't go afk) every day for neat prizes that I actually want, so just been trying for those.

??? (Xbox 360)

That's not actually the name of it; I'm just trying to keep suspense as to what the game is for it is definitely the next GAME I will rant about (whether or not it will come before The Assignment, I don't know yet). My script, I can anticipate, is gonna be huge for this. I have 5 pages written up for it, and I'm on the grand milestone for "fighting the first boss". Hoo boy...

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Feb 20th, 2021

(Feb 20th, 2021, 12:02 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
??? (Xbox 360)

That's not actually the name of it; I'm just trying to keep suspense as to what the game is for it is definitely the next GAME I will rant about (whether or not it will come before The Assignment, I don't know yet). My script, I can anticipate, is gonna be huge for this. I have 5 pages written up for it, and I'm on the grand milestone for "fighting the first boss". Hoo boy...
Bah gawd it's Viva Piñata! Shock

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Feb 21st, 2021

Genshin Impact

Think I've done most of the recent event now. Did some more usual stuff and got more Artifacts, finally have some better ones coming in now that I'm at World level 5 now, although dang I so need more EXP items and collect ascension items. Just about able to handle things though. The Wish Upon a Lantern event begun a couple of days ago and already have all 5 lanterns needed to enter the Primogem giveaway when the event ends. Grin

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Feb 22nd, 2021

Crypt of the NecroDancer

I haven't been playing this very much lately (mainly because I burned myself out by playing it too much - and my last few runs didn't go very well). However, I put together a winning run today, with a very respectable score of 17495 Smile .

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Feb 24th, 2021

(Feb 22nd, 2021, 01:05 AM)Kyng Wrote:
Crypt of the NecroDancer

I haven't been playing this very much lately (mainly because I burned myself out by playing it too much - and my last few runs didn't go very well). However, I put together a winning run today, with a very respectable score of 17495 Smile .

What's the highest score that you've got in that game @Kyng?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS)
Got the urge to play this again the other day as something to just relax with. I still think this game has the best open world of any video game.

RE: Last Game You Played - Raz - Feb 26th, 2021

Stardew Valley

I’m working on making scarecrows for my garden.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Mar 10th, 2021

Minecraft (PC)
Just been working on the base that I have with @"Yuri" and @ShiraNoMai in our Minecraft world. I'll share some screenshots of it at some point when there's enough done to warrant it. Smile

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Mar 15th, 2021

Civilization V

Still playing my Rome game, which I started back in November last year LOL . It's really dragging out, but a Science Victory is in sight now... in about 50 turns' time, if the Iroquois don't beat me to it >_< .

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Mar 18th, 2021

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth (PC)
Just had a random urge to play this. I forgot how boring it is though when you constantly get runs where all the items are bad and you're just sitting in rooms for ages killing enemies. Eh

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Mar 19th, 2021

Animal Crossing: New Horizons
I've been playing this weekly to biweekly. Just the dailies and whatever is happening in the island that day. Yesterday was Cheri's birthday so I had to scramble for a gift. It's still a fun escapism for me occasionally so I enjoy the mindless nature of it. Also helps me get to sleep!

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Mar 21st, 2021

Civilization V

I finally completed my Rome game, after 463 turns. It was a frantic race against the Iroquois - both of us had completed five spaceship parts - but I finished my sixth and final one just before they did. (I did consider nuking them just to stop them from doing it, but in the end, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I decided I'd rather lose 'honestly' than win like that!)

Normally, if I win by a Science Victory, I'll go into Civilization: Beyond Earth, and 'continue' my game with the corresponding civilization. However, Beyond Earth doesn't have a 'Rome' (someone made a mod a while back, but sadly, it doesn't seem to be on the Steam Workshop any more Sad )

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Mar 24th, 2021

Genshin Impact (PS4)

Next big event started. Haven't been enjoying much of this one, so I'm just getting the mini-games and stuff done as soon as possible so I don't have to worry about them any more. Other than that, I've just been attempting to get better artifacts for my Hu Tao. I'm able to pump out some decent damage with her, but she's still lacking in some areas, mainly Critical Hit %. I'm slightly under 50% for that, but would like to be in the 70-80% range for it, if not even higher than that. Staff of Homa (her ideal weapon, which I have) has Critical DMG% on it, and I believe she also has innate Critical DMG%, so it's pretty high for her. Only problem is without a high CRIT Rate % to go with it, I'm not getting as much out of it as I need to be.

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (PS4)

I'm nearing the end of the game now. I've enjoyed the game greatly for its story and characters, but the bosses in this game are mostly terrible. Which is bad, since the Ys games are usually known for their great boss fights. I just feel like the bosses in this game don't capture that same feeling. Ys 8 had some bosses which sucked as well, but not nearly as many as 9 does. But as I mentioned, the characters definitely carry the game for me. The story is able to keep me interested in as well, however there's still time for them to pull some stupid ass twist that just completely ruins it all for me, so I might not feel the same way by the time I see the ending of the game. Overall I've enjoyed the game. Lots of things to find around the game, which I absolutely love.

Xenon Valkyrie+ (Vita)

Decided to start up this game after finishing the platinum for Cosmic Star Heroine. Wanted a slight change of pace, and this game (Metroidvania/Roguelike mix) does exactly that. It's a fun game so far, though I have some issues with it. Mainly some of the hitboxes for enemies (not on their attacks, but rather their bodies). I've only gotten to the second area, so I've only experienced a couple of the game's bosses, but the ones I've fought so far weren't really much to write home about.