Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jul 22nd, 2018

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Haven't posted about it yet, but played this on the evening of my birthday, online. Didn't play well at first, but eventually started winning games. Then more recently played online again, getting both my Lee and Lili to Master rank.

Haven't played much else, apart from T7, but that was only in Practice and Treasure Battle. Need to play other games. Was going to today if I weren't so tired. Bah.

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Jul 23rd, 2018

(Jul 21st, 2018, 01:55 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Yoshi's Island: Now, that's a good game if I ever saw one.

My man. If you ever feel like trying a different version of the same game, there are many good romhacks out there of YI that are fantastic.

Glad to hear A Hat in Time is good, DL. Been wary on it since it launched but haven't actually got to see or hear any eyewitness accounts kn the full product.

RE: Last Game You Played - Nemomon - Jul 23rd, 2018

According to my Steam it's Chasm. It's an indie Metroidvania game that I backed years ago, and finally got (almost) released. Other than it, I'm waiting for Gods and Glory DLC to Hollow Knight that I also "recently" played.

RE: Last Game You Played - Maniakkid25 - Jul 28th, 2018

FlatOut series:

Well, holy s***, if ever there was a series I'd have expected to be dead and buried in a ditch, but it just keeps shambling on like a freaking zombie considering they've gotten all the way to FlatOut 4 (which, confusingly, is the 7th or 8th game in the series) in 2017.

To those of us who have either never heard of this game series or don't remember it, Flatout is a racing game which advertised itself as a Destruction Derby clone where the drivers would launch out of the front windshield if you crashed hard enough. And when the entire series (that is available for PC) was on sale for about 15 bucks, I swiped it up. Rather confusingly, this included FlatOut 2 and Ultimate Carnage, which are actually the same game, just Ultimate Carnage has an updated graphics engine (and a worse soundtrack, bafflingly).

All of the games have a drunken physics engine, though they're all drunk in different ways, which is REALLY annoying. Other than that, they play basically exactly how you'd expect them to, which can make them really boring at times. I'd definitely say FlatOut 2/Ultimate Carnage is the best of the lot, but that's not actually saying all that much because it's still pretty mediocre simply because of how hard it is to wreck other racers. I suppose it's nice to be playing a game that isn't a hardcore racing sim, like every other racing game is nowadays!

RE: Last Game You Played - Nightingale - Jul 28th, 2018

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare. It's... ah... something.

RE: Last Game You Played - lp0 on fire - Jul 28th, 2018

Rusted Warfare RTS - I got the game for free using coins I gained from a website's gimic of "Visit everyday for coins to get free games"

It an old school style RTS that claims to be multithreaded so it can handle 1000s of units on screen I have yet to test that out.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jul 28th, 2018

(Jul 23rd, 2018, 05:15 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Glad to hear A Hat in Time is good, DL. Been wary on it since it launched but haven't actually got to see or hear any eyewitness accounts kn the full product.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. Most fun I've had with a 3D platformer since way back in the day with Banjo-Kazooie and the original Spyro games. Definitely recommend picking it up.

Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings PlayStation 4

Finished up the platinum for the game. Took a bit longer than I would have liked, since I still had to do a decent amount of gear making even on Easy (and that almost wasn't enough either). One of the two optional bosses that I had to defeat at their level 100 form has a passive 50% reduction to all damage taken, so she is annoying to take down even if you have good gear. The only reliable way to beat her is to make extremely over-powered gear, but I wasn't going to invest that kind of time into it. In the end though, I really loved the game. I thought it was much better than the other two Mysterious games, and I think this has put itself as my second favorite Atelier game, behind only Escha & Logy. Though Lydie has surpassed Escha as my favorite Alchemist in the series. Lydie was just too adorable not to become my favorite.

Shining Resonance Refrain PlayStation 4

Started this up yesterday. Didn't play it all that long, but so far it's fun. Though the lack of a hard mode (at least on a first play through) made me pretty sad. The game is terribly easy, and not having the option to play on a harder difficulty than standard really blows. Gameplay is fun, which makes the lack of difficulty even worse. Other than that, I'm enjoying the game so far from what little I've played.

Ys VIII: LACRIMOSA of Dana [Vita]

This game continues to both please me and disappoint me. The gameplay being the biggest source of my disappointment. One of the most annoying things about this game is that most attacks actually hit you before the animation does, making timing your guards and dodges really fucking annoying. Another annoying thing about the game is how OP Flash Move is, but at the same time, the game pretty much forces you to abuse it. Bossed tend to either move around a lot, or have very little down time between their attacks, so you need the slow down and invincibility from Flash Move in order to have any decent time to damage a boss. At least on Nightmare, where bosses 1-3 shot you, so you need to end the battles as fast as possible. You could probably get through the game without having to make use of Flash Move on Normal and Easy. Either way, it's annoying. I don't like how OP it is and how you have to rely on it on Nightmare. 

Star Ocean: Anemnesis [Mobile]

So I saved up 15,000 gems for when the new set of characters were released (on the 24th), so that I could do a bunch of pulls (30 total). To my complete disbelief, of those 30 pulls, I didn't get a single 5* star character and that was with an increased chance of pulling one of the new 5* characters. Reimi and Millie were among the new characters added, so my goal was to get those two. Goes without saying that I was pretty pissed off at the fact that in 30 pulls, I got like twenty-five or twenty-six 3* characters and the rest 4* characters. Then a couple of days later I got back up to 5,000 gems and did another 10-pull, and was about ready to uninstall the game when the first 9 pulls were seven 3* characters and two 4* characters, but luckily for the game, my tenth pull was a Reimi. Then the next day, to my complete disbelief, I pulled a Millie using my daily free pull. So in the end, even though the game royally screwed me on all those 10-pulls, I still managed to get my Reimi and Millie, two of the best girls in the SO series. Now just to wait for Meracle and Sophia to be added to the game.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jul 28th, 2018

Civilization V

I started a new game as the Maya, and got encircled by Russia (who stole one of the spots I wanted to settle :'( ). I didn't have a very good army at this point, so I just left them be for a while, and settled the rest of the territory available to me. Then, once I'd run out, I noticed that Russia hadn't even bothered building Walls in the city I wanted - so I put together a small army and grabbed it from them Grin .

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Jul 30th, 2018

(Jul 28th, 2018, 03:40 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Star Ocean: Anemnesis [Mobile]

So I saved up 15,000 gems for when the new set of characters were released (on the 24th), so that I could do a bunch of pulls (30 total). To my complete disbelief, of those 30 pulls, I didn't get a single 5* star character and that was with an increased chance of pulling one of the new 5* characters. Reimi and Millie were among the new characters added, so my goal was to get those two. Goes without saying that I was pretty pissed off at the fact that in 30 pulls, I got like twenty-five or twenty-six 3* characters and the rest 4* characters. Then a couple of days later I got back up to 5,000 gems and did another 10-pull, and was about ready to uninstall the game when the first 9 pulls were seven 3* characters and two 4* characters, but luckily for the game, my tenth pull was a Reimi. Then the next day, to my complete disbelief, I pulled a Millie using my daily free pull. So in the end, even though the game royally screwed me on all those 10-pulls, I still managed to get my Reimi and Millie, two of the best girls in the SO series. Now just to wait for Meracle and Sophia to be added to the game.

Unfortunately my friend, these are mobile games in a nutshell. They want to get you angry enough to buy with your own money so you don't have to keep losing out on terrible RNG, especially when they rig them against you. Glad you're still pulling through, though. I'd try out Fire Emblem Heroes, too, if you want a similar game.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 30th, 2018

(Jul 28th, 2018, 02:13 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare. It's... ah... something.
Superbly fun is what I think it is. I take it you've played the regular RDR campaign first?

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Aug 3rd, 2018

Tooth and Tail

This is an RTS game about mice living in a time of severe famine, who end up forming different political parties and fighting over what little food is available: the object is to conquer as many of your rivals' lands and capture as many of their farms and mills as you can.

I haven't played very much yet, but it is good fun. Easy to learn, but not so easy to master!

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Aug 6th, 2018

I remember hearing about Tooth and Tail last year during all the game of the year award events.

No Man's Sky
Shira bought this the outer day for $10 so decided to give it a go tonight when I got home from work. Feels a little lacking in tutorials for the controls which left me with no idea how to change to first person view. Haven't spent enough time with it to decide how other elements of it are yet.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Aug 6th, 2018

Ew. No Man's Sky. Even if it was $10. XD Than again I never played it, so I suppose I can't talk badly about not experiencing it. Don't want to though.

Twisted Metal (PS3 PSN)

Mainly got this game to see what it was like and if it had co-op. Was disappointed about the multiplayer aspect being only a PvP duel. Eh. Definitely is nowhere the greatness that was World Tour mainly for that reason, and the 1-player mode wasn't as good compared to that either. Didn't get far in the mode, as I lost all my lives. Probably picked the wrong character/vehicle as Hammerhead's special is useless if not right next to another competing vehicle. Also knew that it was likely going to be the same as Hammerhead's in TW:WT too. Thought the armor would've helped, but nah.

SSB Melee, Mario Smash Football, Mario Kart: Double Dash!

Friend came over and we played these. A few matches, both team and free-for-all in Melee. I sucked with everyone I chose apart from Dr Mario and Luigi. We mostly won against CPU in teams. Friend won one when free-for-all went to Sudden Death between me and him, I was using Mario then, while he used DK or someone else.

Mario Smash Football we played one match both in a team, we were Yoshi vs Mario. Mario won I think 5-6. Didn't do enough Hits I think. XD

Mario Kart: Double Dash!, played two Cups. Mushroom and Fire Flower Cup. Mushroom I won, then in Fire Flower we did co-op with me driving and him as the item user. Thought you could swap drivers but not in co-op. Made sense. Also thought you could get a drift boost, but I couldn't even when suggesting if it was the item user who had to try and get the boost. Did really bad first three races but Waluigi Stadium we placed second, as I drove quite well then. Lack of drift boosting ruined me in the other three.

Super Bomberman R

Me and my friend played many games on this, we enjoyed it more than what we did on the GameCube games (I still like them of course). First game was a free-for-all, which I won. Then played teams on Normal difficulty. We won all of them I believe, even when setting the difficulty to Hard. That was joke as the AI team at times would kill themselves or each other. I know the difficulty is actually different in other modes (unless that's just me not having understood the mode I played before yet), but was disappointed seeing how they were still killing themselves at that level. We did get most of the kills on them though. Was fun trapping them. My friend found an exploit on one map where he could throw his bomb from his revenge cart on a ramp, which would fall down and block the single space, preventing the AI to escape a boxed area. I could then kick or throw my bombs down there, which would eventually caught them out. XD

Really need to play this game more.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Aug 7th, 2018

Octopath Traveler Nintendo Switch: My progress so far: I've gotten through chapter 3 of the following character's: Primrose, Olberic, Therion (finally), Tressa, Ophilia, & Cyrus. I still have Alfyn & H'aanit's chapter 3 to get through & from what I read online Alfyn's boss is going to be pretty tough to beat. So I'm thinking about doing Ophilia's chapter 4 first since her situation is more dire then everyone else's from how chapter 3 ended, but it might be easier to get H'aanit up a few lvls & do her chapter next & THEN move on to Ophilia's chapter 4. Idk I'll decide when I dive in to play again. xp

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Aug 7th, 2018

(Aug 6th, 2018, 09:16 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ew. No Man's Sky. Even if it was $10. XD Than again I never played it, so I suppose I can't talk badly about not experiencing it. Don't want to though.
Going into it without the hype built around it has helped, and so far I'm enjoying it as something relaxing to play and chill with. I'm still very early in though so I don't know what else there is for me to discover and how varied the planets are.