Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jun 21st, 2021

Just finished up the Platinum Trophy for Blasphemous (7/50 for my yearly goal). Overall I have to say that I was not really impressed with the game. First half was pretty decent, but then I felt the game lost me during the second half. Boss battles just got worse an worse as the game went on.

Definitely one of those games I probably won't remember in a few months.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jun 27th, 2021

What got bad about them @Dragon Lord?

Minecraft (PC)
Didn't do much today because I'm so tired today, but I did at least start planning out the location for the Nether hub in the forum server.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jun 27th, 2021

Genshin Impact (PS5)

Man, the quality of the on PS5 vs the quality on PS4 is staggering. PS5 version has completely smooth framerate, no more freezing/stuttering when opening any menus (especially the inventory, the world map or the party screen). Scrolling through the different categories of the inventory also no longer has any stuttering/freezing. Everything is so much smoother, combat is much better (no more lag between switch characters, or not being able to switch characters at all when there's too many animations going on). It's a nigh and day difference. The game also looks immensely better, though the PS4 version still looks good, but the PS5 version just cranks that up to 100.

I also found it very interesting that the PS5 version has its own trophy list compared to the PS4 version (when I first started the game on PS5, all the trophies re-popped for me, didn't realize why at first). Not only that though, the PS5 trophy list has a platinum trophy for Genshin, while the PS4 version lacks the platinum trophy. Found that very interesting.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jun 27th, 2021

You just gave me the reason why I need a PS5, DL, dang it. XD Also already I need a better computer, because...(although I obviously won't yet)

Genshin Impact (PS4)

Just doin' daily stuff. I do have some murals left on the Archipelago map but didn't get time to finish that off. Maybe tomorrow.

Agarest Generations of War (Steam)

Started off fine I think, went straight into hard because what they, I know how Tactical RPG's work. What I wasn't prepared for was the tutorial being hard (with the main character going up against three enemies alone in the second part), but that was me not learning the way the field works or combining attacks. What I TRULY wasn't prepared for was choosing the attacks or save file continuously moved down by itself, so I couldn't select with ease. Yet selecting where to move, what method in battle I was going to take, choosing an enemy to attack was all fine. That really annoyed me, so as I had already downloaded and needed something to make me happy, I went what the heck let's give this laptop a real challenge...
I will try this again, see if I can sort out that annoying setback, plus try my other games. Hope AGoW2 and Agarest Zero works fine without that.

Genshin Impact (PC)

This also started off fine, I was very happy to choose Lumine this time to start off. I plan to have this as a F2P account and on the side, won't get too serious with it. Just jump in like it's a new save file starting the journey all over again. Everything loaded much quicker than on PS4 but after a while with too much on screen or too much action, framerate started to drop. I should've expected it as my specs are on the minimum side for Genshin. After about 2-3 hours Friday night it was suffering quite a bit, I could still play barely but I know that's not the way to play. An hour a day maybe, here and there, but I do need better specs to be able to play this properly.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jun 28th, 2021

The Sims 4

I've been playing a bit less of this lately, as my initial 'obsessive' phase of playing it every day has worn off - but it's still my main game.

My current house is too small for eight Sims (plus the stream of visitors that they usually get), so I'm building a new mansion for them. Here's how it's looking so far (with most of the walls in place, but no roof or interiors):

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 1st, 2021

Lara Croft Go (Android)
I booted this up with the intent to show @ShiraNoMai what the game is like, and discovered that at some point some new levels were added for free! I'm playing from the start of the game since I haven't played in so long so the whole game feels fresh to me now, but I can't wait to get to the new content. Grin

Minecraft (PC)
Slowly getting the Nether hub built in the forum server. The hardest part is constantly needing to find quartz. x.x

Dying Light (PS4)
Realised I hadn't finished the quests for the Rust crossover event that ended today, so I booted the game up yesterday to finish them off before I missed out on the goodies. Not sure yet if I'll miss the event enemies that spawn in with guns at all times of the day, since at night they attract all the Volatile's away from me, but the problem is when I need to loot the gun guys for the event materials they're surrounded by all the zombies they attracted. >.<

Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)
Got through another chapter of this. I've found it to be really fun so far. ^_^

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
So fuck this game today. I started the daily run, and got a card that teleported me into a secret room. Problem is, the game didn't spawn an exit from the room so I got soft locked and had to abandon the daily run. Pretty peeved about losing a daily run to something so stupid. Hmph

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jul 4th, 2021

Genshin Impact (PS4)

Only been doing usual daily stuff for primos and resin use, but haven't bothered to do the Archon or new Archipelago event yet, saving that for tomorrow now. Would've done it by now if it weren't for work, the other two games I'm about to mention and family stuff, nor played PC Genshin for a week.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Just trying out and playing Kazuya offline, might play online soon.

Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights (Switch)

Played some on one day this week, really enjoyed what I had played so far.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 4th, 2021

I didn't know you have the second fighter pack @Mr EliteL. How does Kazuya feel to play so far?

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jul 4th, 2021

@Moonface : He just feels really different to other characters. You could say he's similar to Ryu, Ken and Terry for them being "fighter" characters with their specific inputs to make their B moves stronger plus their moves being able to link into each other more so than the rest for combos, but they are limited to about the same amount of moves like everyone else (barring the buffed moves for inputs). Kazuya has normal B moves like everyone, but his A moves and wavedash just completely separate him from the roster. Normally you can pick almost any character other than perhaps Olimar, Rosalina, Min Min, Steve, Ryu, Ken, Terry too and get stuck in to their way of play pretty easily (I find anyway). Those characters I just listed definitely need more thinking than the rest, but Kazuya needs more than even them for the amount of moves he has which is about freakin' 40 compared to the standard 19, Min Min 20 (for the extra shot from her dragon arm you can do) for Ryu/Ken is 23, Terry 24 or 25 I believe, might be missing someone's stuff here but yeah it's a lot more. XD

That being said I don't use everyone, haven't fought another player with Kazuya and don't utilise all his moves during a match. When Sakurai said he was weak when they first tested him, I think maybe they made him much stronger and yeah he does seem very strong now, but again I haven't played enough to see someone destroy me with range and faster attacks yet so maybe that's a problem that evens it out, which I can imagine it being true if so.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jul 5th, 2021

Genshin Impact (PS5)

Just been doing the daily grind. Got all of the event stuff done up until now, and the only thing I have to do is to farm away in hopes of getting some better artifacts for my characters. Right now I'm focusing on artifacts for Venti. After they buffed Swirl in 1.6, characters like Venti have become even more insanely broken then he was before, so now I'm trying to get serious about building him, since he's involved in one of the best team comps for Ganyu. I got him to level 90 (since Elemental Mastery scales with level and got buffed, so level 90 Venti does a LOT more damage than 80 and lower. Previously, a level 70/80 Venti was good enough). So far I haven't been having too much luck with it. I need Elemental Mastery main stat on the Hourglass and Headpiece, but the game refuses to give me such pieces. Hopefully I can get something soon, because 1.7 will be coming up in a couple of weeks most likely, and if what we believe is true, that means we'll finally be getting Ayaka and Yomiya, and once those two release, I won't be focusing on building any other characters other than them.

I also managed to 36* the Abyss for the first time the last rotation. Something that I would have probably done a lot sooner had I realized that the Primo Gems rewards for floors 9-12 refresh every time the Abyss resets, allowing you to get 600 Primos every rotation if you 36* it. Since the release of the game, I thought that the Primos were one-time rewards like floors 1-8, and that you just got other rewards for clearing 9-12 every time. Nope. Instead, I cost myself... a lot of Primos over the life of the game. Pretty irritated by that fact, but there's nothing that I can do about it now. My own stupidity for not making sure how it worked from the start.

Oh, I also pulled my final Diluc copy needed for C6. Got him off of the Standard Banner using the monthly Fates from the shop. Was wondering when I'd give my 5* pity on that one. Takes a while when you're only doing 10 pulls a month on it.

Demon's Souls (PS5)

About half-way through the game now. Not really sure how I feel about this yet though. Aside from the graphics, they basically didn't update any of the mechanics and shit from the original, so while the game looks great, it feels horribly outdated. They didn't even add small QoL things like being able to slide down a ladder, or making the climbing any faster than it was before. While not major issues, the lack of effort put into improving the quality of the game is very saddening to see. They had a great opportunity to make Demon's Souls feel as good as Dark Souls 3/Bloodborne, but instead they opted to just put a shiny new coat of paint on it and call it a day.

They also slightly changed the trophy list from the original. They added a trophy for successfully invading and killing another player, which I'm not a fan of. I got it done in one try, but I do not like invading other players. Almost sent the other person a message after I killed them saying sorry and that I only did it for the trophy, lol. They also added a trophy for successfully helping another player kill a boss as a summoned phantom. Took a while to actually get summoned, but was about to knock this one out in one attempt as well thankfully. Now I can go back to staying in Offline mode.

So yeah, overall I'd have to say that I'm not really caring for this "remake" they gave us. Feels more like a Remaster than a Remake.

Xenon Valkyrie+ (Vita)

Managed to beat the True Final Boss a few days ago (a horrible bullet hell fight where you die in one hit). The last things I need to do for the platinum now are to beat an optional dungeon that might be more hellish than the True Final Boss, and then play as the secret character that unlocks for beating said dungeon. Hopefully I can finally get myself through that dungeon here soon, so I can finish this one off. Might do the PS4 version right after though, since it'll be still fresh in my memory, and playing it on a much larger screen than the Vita should make it considerably easier to do.

Arknights (Android)

We're coming to the end of our latest event. I've finished everything the event has to offer, so I've just been farming one of the stages that offers a drop of a material that I was running low on (now possess 200+ of it!) while also using the stage to Trust farm with some new operators. We have the next Contingency Contract event coming up in a week or so already, so gonna have to start preparing to get brutalized by that. Haven't had enough time to recover from CC#3, so I'm definitely not ready to go insane from CC#4 already.

Azur Lane (Android)

Not much going on here lately. In the middle of a re-run event that introduced two new ships, both of whom I have already gotten. So there hasn't been much for me to do other than the daily farming of the event stages to clear the shop, and doing Operation Siren stuff. Third anniversary is coming in about a month, so I'm expecting some pretty huge announcements coming up soon, which has me very excited. Can't wait to see what kinds of skins, new ships, new content and real life goodies to purchase we'll get for it. I have the 1st and 2nd anniversary artbooks, so I'm excited to add the 3rd year to that collection!

Touhou: Lost Word (Android)

I finally gave in to my whale instincts tonight and spent some money on the game. I blew all of my resources on the last character banner, who featured the strongest character that's been added to the game so far, only for them to slap up with an even more powerful character right after, who is also super limited and can only be limit broken with copies of herself or a new Divine Paper Doll item. I managed to get the previous character without spending (had to go all the way to the 150 pull pity to get a guaranteed copy of her), but I had nothing left to pull for this new character, and eventually my desire to have her power in my arsenal grew stronger than my ability to resist the spending, and I bought a pack to get enough stuff to go hard on the banner. I did get her, so that's a huge positive for me. I also ended up pulling Remilia an Flandre as well, both of whom I tried to get when their banners ran and was unsuccessful, so getting those two sisters + the new banner character is a big win to me. Very happy with the results. Now I go into super saver mode and hopefully save up enough resources to pull the next big character I'll want -without- spending any money, haha.

Mitra Sphere (Android)

I talked about this game a bit in the General Game Chat topic. Just been chugging along in making progress in the content we have available. Have yet to co-op with my friend (will have to change that tomorrow), but I've been having fun doing co-op with randoms and building up my character. As I mentioned in my other post, this game is very F2P friendly so far, so it's been a very enjoyable experience. I don't know how long I'll end up sticking with this game with Atelier Online set to release on the 8th, and NieR Reincarnation coming later this month on the 28th, but for now I'm having a good time with it. Very fun game.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 8th, 2021

(Jul 5th, 2021, 10:23 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Demon's Souls (PS5)

About half-way through the game now. Not really sure how I feel about this yet though. Aside from the graphics, they basically didn't update any of the mechanics and shit from the original, so while the game looks great, it feels horribly outdated. They didn't even add small QoL things like being able to slide down a ladder, or making the climbing any faster than it was before. While not major issues, the lack of effort put into improving the quality of the game is very saddening to see. They had a great opportunity to make Demon's Souls feel as good as Dark Souls 3/Bloodborne, but instead they opted to just put a shiny new coat of paint on it and call it a day.

They also slightly changed the trophy list from the original. They added a trophy for successfully invading and killing another player, which I'm not a fan of. I got it done in one try, but I do not like invading other players. Almost sent the other person a message after I killed them saying sorry and that I only did it for the trophy, lol. They also added a trophy for successfully helping another player kill a boss as a summoned phantom. Took a while to actually get summoned, but was about to knock this one out in one attempt as well thankfully. Now I can go back to staying in Offline mode.

So yeah, overall I'd have to say that I'm not really caring for this "remake" they gave us. Feels more like a Remaster than a Remake.
Sounds a bit like the Crash and Spyro remakes, where for the most part it was just recreated visuals but everything else remained basically the same in terms of level design and gameplay.
Not a fan of that trophy you mentioned either, mostly because as time goes on there's likely going to be more skilled people playing the game than there will be new players, once the game gets old enough, which is going to make it hard for people to get the trophy. That or finding someone to invade is going to be hard because the player base will gradually dwindle or may even just close their games off from invasions. Eh

Dead By Daylight (PC)
As I mentioned in the games discussion thread, I downloaded the free demo on Steam earlier to see what this game is like without having to spend money. I only did the tutorials so far but it was pretty fun, although how much that feeling lasts is going to be heavily dependent on what online matches are like. I'm also trying to get my head around all the things like the Rift and stuff too.

RE: Last Game You Played - Maniakkid25 - Jul 9th, 2021

Lost Odyssey (360):

*"Holy F***!" heard in the distance*

So, I nearly broke my friggin' wrist playing the game today. See, there's a big QTE segment in the game, and it has "hit the button now!" prompts and "hit the button repeatedly as fast as possible" prompts. I consider myself reasonably fast at tapping buttons; I can manage 11 hits a second usually, maybe 12 on a good day. The "hit the button repeatedly as fast as possible" prompts are WAAAAAAY too hard! I actually had a prompt I nearly FAILED despite the fact that I was slammimg that button like a madman! Thankfully, you get three strikes before you're out, so I would have been fine, but GODDAMN!

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jul 10th, 2021

Genshin Impact (PS5)

Got the 36-star clear of this Abyss cycle again, giving me another 600 Primos to save up for the upcoming Ayaka and Yoimiya. Other than that, didn't really do a whole lot in the game today other than burn my Resin.

Demon's Souls (PS5)

Finished up the platinum for this game (#163). Aside from my thoughts about the game in my last post, there isn't a whole lot else for me to say. Playing it was decently fun, and it looked nice, but it felt exactly like it did on the PS3, so there really wasn't anything new or exciting about it.

Xenon Valkyrie+ (Vita)

Finally got the platinum for this game finished (#162). Wasn't sure how long it was going to take me to get through the bullet hell final boss or the last optional dungeon (that thing was a HUGE pain), but thankfully I managed to get it done a lot sooner than I thought, and I can put this one away. At least until I go for the platinum of the PS4 version (yay separate trophy lists!), but that should be quite a bit easier since it'll be much easier to see what's happening on the screen compared to the Vita version.

Decided I'd be going back to Disgaea 3 on my Vita finally and finishing that game up for good this time. Also probably going to be starting Scarlet Nexus on PS5 for my next game on there as well. Though might not be until after this weekend, since I have a long weekend of work ahead of me.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 10th, 2021

Would you say it's worth getting Demon's Souls at full price @Dragon Lord or is it best to wait for it to go on sale?

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jul 11th, 2021

Railroad Tycoon II

I downloaded a Scotland map, and just took a look at it to see how I should play it. The obvious start is to assume chairmanship of a company based in Dundee, but there aren't a lot of good routes there... I might try something else Tongue .