Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Sep 12th, 2021

Haven't done any gaming today, so the last game I played would have been Railroad Tycoon II.

I'm playing a Scotland map, and it's going rather well. With almost 60 years left until the end date (in 1923), I've connected most of Scotland up to and including Dundee, and I'm sitting on $2.3 million, which should be more than sufficient to take me up to Aberdeen:

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Sep 16th, 2021

Just the usual Genshin Impact, both on PS4 and PC.

I played more on my PC account today, as I have an Ascension Quest waiting in the wings for me to drop by, but need to build my characters up more as it takes a while to defeat some enemies, and it'll be worse the World Level goes up. I know I can just lower the WL down to what I have now, but would rather not. I'll be at least AR 37 or 38 as my AR EXP has gone way over 35's limit, and the game allows you to continue earning EXP. XD

PS4, recently got Raiden Shogun to join my Ganyu, Zhongli, Kaeya, Klee and Yoimiya at level 88, just need to max her artifacts and she'll really be doing damage. Plan to get Diona and Xiangling to character ascension 6 next, also their artifacts are poor/underleveled so that needs sorting too. Dang it, my Resin stash is going down. XD

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Sep 16th, 2021

@Mr EliteL: Is there a point to playing the game twice on two separate accounts and platforms? Aren't you just essentially repeating everything and splitting your earnings by not just getting everything on one account?

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Sep 19th, 2021

@Moonface There isn't really, and yeah you are playing most of the game again but not timed events, because I'm not at a particular point in the story to be able to do them yet. For myself, I regret not picking Lumine at the start, I just prefer her design to Aether and also to see how different it is for Free To Play because on my main I didn't think I was going to enjoy the game enough to be buying stuff for it. Also to build characters I don't have time for on the PS4 account, and to possibly pick up/unlock through Wishes via the Primogems I earn in-game of characters I haven't even got on my main yet, or don't intend to.

I do see the problem of Genshin being my only focus for gaming now, I don't give myself time for anything else to play because I'm so far behind still on the PC version. I can play a bit less on the PS4 because I can get through things easier, but there's still areas to finish exploring too, plus events, saving for a character, but all this makes me happy after a day of crap at work, and there's just little to no stress playing. When something is hard to do, I just oh well not strong enough yet, time to grind or go exploring again. I can probably say Genshin could be at least my 3rd favourite game of all time now and is quite possibly fighting second place, OH SHEET. Never thought I would have to consider that. ROFL

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Sep 19th, 2021

The Sims 4

I'm not playing this as much as I did in April and May, but I'm still playing it a bit.

Here's my progress with the new house I'm building for my Sims... I've filled in the living room and kitchen now:

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Sep 24th, 2021

What do you intend to put in the other rooms @Kyng?

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Been playing this more than anything the past few days just trying to get completion marks on each of the regular characters. I think I'm about halfway through having all of them completed on those characters at this point.

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Sep 26th, 2021

Halo: Combat Evolved
Slowly chipping away at this game. I think I got to "that" part my coworker was telling me about. Some weird Alien-type shit is going down and it's unnerving a bit I have to admit haha

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Sep 27th, 2021

Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars - Demo (NS)
Tried this out last night, and my impression of the game so far is it's just incredibly boring. The card-style presentation to everything is neat, but it wears off incredibly quickly because it seems that the only reason cards were chosen for this game is solely for the unique world presentation. There isn't any deck building, and no strategy you'd expect in a card game; it's just a watered-down RPG with a card aesthetic. You only get three characters, so there's no party management. All you manage is their equipment and moves, like any normal RPG. Some moves require gems, but that's just a BP, PP, etc. system except worse, because in any other game when you use a move that uses a consumable that you build up such as BP, you don't gain BP for using that move. Every move will always give you one gem, so if you use a one gem move, you get the gem back immediately. This is incredibly problematic when the majority of moves in the demo only cost one gem, with a few that cost two, because then any strategy the game could give you with gem management is gone when you can just use one gem moves repeatedly because you'll always have at least one gem at your disposal no matter what you do. Maybe when the game progresses enough that you get higher gem moves you'll have a reason to start saving them properly, but none of that is present in what I've played so far in the demo so combat is boring too. I expect overworld travel would get dull too, because you really only need to explore once to flip cards over, and once you've gone as far as you can you can just fast travel back to any flipped card on the board, so once you've explored an area fully you can just fast travel around the board endlessly and ignore battling anything unless you need to.

Based on what I played so far, if you want to play a card game, you could do better than this, and if you want to play an RPG, you could also do better than this. I really expected something good and interesting, but once the novelty of the card presentation wears off all that remains is a stripped down RPG devoid of any strategy you would expect from either of the genres it leans on. The game needs to really turn itself around as you progress otherwise I can't see why anyone would review this as more than just okay.

RE: Last Game You Played - Nightingale - Sep 29th, 2021

Twisted Metal 4.

Which happens to be the very first game I had ever played on a PlayStation.

Boy, the memories... and it holds up pretty well, even though steering with the D-Pad is giving me an existential crisis.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Oct 4th, 2021

@Nightingale: I think I saw something recently about that game being remade by the developers behind Destruction All Stars. Not sure how much weight was behind it because I didn't read it fully at the time I saw it and I also barely remember it, but I'll see if I can dig it up.

I was playing Binding of Isaac: Repentance doing the daily run only for my game to crash. It crashed last time I did a daily run too so that's twice in a row now. It annoys me because I lose the entire run so I'm just wasting my time...

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Oct 24th, 2021

Civilization VI

I was getting close to finishing my game as the Inca. I was going for a Religious Victory, and I only have two civs left to convert... but then, they both declared war on me!

I can't really blame them - but, I don't know if I can be bothered with a late-game war (which I can win, but it'll be tedious Tongue ). I might just start a new game!

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Oct 26th, 2021

Mass Effect [1]: I finally finished whatever it was I had to do in the citadel, and had to look up how to get the eff out of there cause the citadel is HUGE, and the map for the area is just carp impo. The remake is really good though & I'm enjoying it so far.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Oct 26th, 2021

(Oct 26th, 2021, 09:07 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Mass Effect [1]: I finally finished whatever it was I had to do in the citadel, and had to look up how to get the eff out of there cause the citadel is HUGE, and the map for the area is just carp impo. The remake is really good though & I'm enjoying it so far.
Is that your first Mass Effect game?

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Well, I was doing the daily run and then my laptop keyboard randomly ceased to work, and then the laptop eventually froze up and I had to power off by removing my battery. Errm

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Oct 26th, 2021

(Oct 26th, 2021, 09:12 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Yea, it's my first time playing Mass Effect. I watched some people stream it and because I love sci-fi oriented games I decided to get it and play.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Oct 26th, 2021

(Oct 26th, 2021, 09:14 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
(Oct 26th, 2021, 09:12 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Yea, it's my first time playing Mass Effect. I watched some people stream it and because I love sci-fi oriented games I decided to get it and play.
Do you think you'll get Andromeda or are you going to ignore that one and just wait for the next Mass Effect game instead? Tongue