Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Oct 26th, 2021

(Oct 26th, 2021, 09:17 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Oct 26th, 2021, 09:14 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
(Oct 26th, 2021, 09:12 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Is that your first Mass Effect game?
Yea, it's my first time playing Mass Effect. I watched some people stream it and because I love sci-fi oriented games I decided to get it and play.
Do you think you'll get Andromeda or are you going to ignore that one and just wait for the next Mass Effect game instead? Tongue

Uh, I already own Andromeda for the PS4. My brother gave it to me as a Christmas gift sometime ago. I've heard it's 'bad' but eh whatever it was free so I'll give it a shot.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Oct 26th, 2021

(Oct 26th, 2021, 09:28 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
(Oct 26th, 2021, 09:17 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Oct 26th, 2021, 09:14 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Yea, it's my first time playing Mass Effect. I watched some people stream it and because I love sci-fi oriented games I decided to get it and play.
Do you think you'll get Andromeda or are you going to ignore that one and just wait for the next Mass Effect game instead? Tongue

Uh, I already own Andromeda for the PS4. My brother gave it to me as a Christmas gift sometime ago. I've heard it's 'bad' but eh whatever it was free so I'll give it a shot.
Ah. I just assumed you didn't own it from not having played it. Tongue
I think most of the issues with the game were in the plot. From a gameplay perspective it apparently holds up very well so at least it'll be enjoyable to play through if nothing else.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Oct 26th, 2021

(Oct 26th, 2021, 09:31 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Oct 26th, 2021, 09:28 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Ah. I just assumed you didn't own it from not having played it. Tongue
I think most of the issues with the game were in the plot. From a gameplay perspective it apparently holds up very well so at least it'll be enjoyable to play through if nothing else.
I wanted to get through the first three before touching Andromeda. XD I want to see what I'm getting myself into I guess. I thought the problem with Andromeda was the bad facial animations. LMAO Still, I'll get there eventually.

RE: Last Game You Played - Maniakkid25 - Oct 28th, 2021

Yeah, Andromeda, from what I hear, doesn't make much sense unless you've at least beaten ME2, because it starts at an in-between point of 2 and 3 (this is not a spoiler, btw). Also. Andromeda isn't bad, per se; it's just that its launch was disastrous because of the Frostbite Engine mandate by EA at the time, meaning it shipped loaded with bugs, poor animations, and was otherwise in a horrendous state. The fact it shipped as well as it did is a miracle.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Oct 28th, 2021

Yeah, the animations were one of the biggest things people picked out from the game as an issue. Ignoring any technical issues of the game though, then the story was the only other main thing that was generally seen as not being as good as other Mass Effect games. I think it's better for that to be lacking compared to previous games though than the gameplay itself, which is generally seen to be better than the other games. I'd rather have very good gameplay with iffy story than a superb story with iffy gameplay, because at least the former is a blast to play through.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Nov 1st, 2021

The Sims 4

Trying to get back into this a bit more, after a couple of months of barely playing it. I decided to buy one of the Halloween DLCs (since they were on sale) - and, I redecorated one of my rooms (and two of my Sims) accordingly:

[Image: 1D62036EED7B9AAA35365739CB254016B288D70B]

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Nov 3rd, 2021

The Evil Within 2 (PS4)
I've had an urge for a few weeks to play this again, and bit the bullet just before Halloween. I love how much about the game I've forgotten because it feels like a new experience as well as getting to replay something I have a vague enough memory about to enjoy experiencing again. Grin

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Killed myself in the daily run today due to stupidity so finished off my first Tainted Apollyon run instead. I wasn't a big fan of the character at first but it grew on me as the run went on. ^_^

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Nov 14th, 2021

Cities: Skylines

I went back to the octagonal city that I started building over a year ago. Unfortunately, I flooded the place... and now, I'm trying to repair it!!!

RE: Last Game You Played - Nightingale - Nov 16th, 2021

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX.

I have been playing it on-and-off for 19 years. Will this be the time I finally beat it? Probably not.

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Nov 18th, 2021

(Nov 16th, 2021, 03:14 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX.

I have been playing it on-and-off for 19 years. Will this be the time I finally beat it? Probably not.

Do you start new playthroughs each time, or are you reopening the existing save slot? XD I have to know

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Nov 18th, 2021

Tamagotchi

Bet no one was expecting this. Do I even include it here? XD My sister found her Tamagotchi, all three of us got one when we were all super young and no clue where mine is, don't know if my bro as his still. Anyway we changed the battery to see if it worked last night and yup it still does. So we hatched an egg, and played a bit between us...so limited what you can do. As we were also playing a card game at the time, we neglected it a tiny bit and it aged into a floating being, so looks like it's on it's way to being an alien. Oh boy, what needy little--anyway has been overnight I assume, still the same floating thing at age 2 years and 2 st 6 lbs (I assume it's stone for the 2). The number game you play with it, can be a little shit when it goes 8 to 9 or 2 to 1. Glare ROFL If you don't know or don't remember the number game, the little guy gives you a number ranging from 1 to 9 and you have guess whether the next number it gives will be lower or higher.

The Tamagotchi is the yellow/gold kind. I don't remember what my colour egg was.

Genshin Impact

Only had time for dailies yesterday. Been on the last part of Reunited quest, and been meaning to do that on my PC version so I can do the prelude to Chapter 2, then get to Inazuma finally.

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Nov 21st, 2021

Damn, Tamagotchi, I'm shocked it still operates perfectly fine. How old was the battery inside? ROFL

So I didn't play this perse, but I was in it! I was selected to be on this streamer's Pokemon party and uh, met an unfortunate end (It's a perma-death run):

[Image: SPOILER_Part1.png]

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Nov 21st, 2021

Tropico 5

I'm currently in the Cold War era, and my island is coming along nicely - with over 3,000 people living there, and about 83% of them approving of my leadership Smile .

However, there's a chess tournament in the Soviet Union, and I've sent Penultimo to represent my nation... I doubt that'll end well Tongue .

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Nov 22nd, 2021

@ShiraNoMai : I didn't see the battery exactly, but know it hadn't leaked or gone horrible how you'd expect a battery left for ages might turn out. Although it was a tiny circle battery, so maybe they don't leak. Although yes, still works fine. The update on how the current Tamagotchi...being is is that is stopped floating and grew legs, stayed like that for the past two days or so, although both me and sister had neglected it for a number hours today and it turned into a bug like alien fly thing! I haven't seen that before. ROFL

Oh also, who was the streamer and is there a full image of what happened or has happened so far if the run hasn't finished yet? At least you got to evolve. XD

@Kyng : Is it hard or easy to get a good approval rating in that game, do you know?

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Nov 24th, 2021

Oh no! XD I hope your creature turns out to be okay. Yeesh, only a few hours and it was already bitching.

And it was Barb's stream and run that I was in. It just ended yesterday and uh, well:

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania
Got this on a cyber week deal and have been playing a bunch of it. Got to World 5 on my first night (after much struggle in 4-9... fuck that level). Did all of World 5 last night, and now starting World 6. Ugh. I forgot how tedious some of these levels get. The first level in this world is insanely demanding.