Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - aerodynamik - Jul 25th, 2023

FarCry 6.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 26th, 2023

Elden Ring (PS5)
Currently making my way through Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree area and it is kicking my head in every other corner I go around. I'm actually starting to wonder if I've come here under levelled somehow with how much I'm suddenly struggling. Even when I'm coating my weapon in stuff that enemies I'm fighting should be weak to it feels like it makes zero difference in the level of success I have. Nooo

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Jul 27th, 2023

Pokémon Red: Randomizer Multiworld

I was part of a 7 person multiworld this past weekend that wound up being one of the most cursed seeds I've ever had given to me. I actually wound up not finishing in the end (I was last and I only had Lance and Champion to defeat) because it was so long: It was a 30 SPHERE SEED. What does that mean? Spheres are a conceptual explanation of how more things become available to you as you collect more items. It is the "intended path" as written by a computer, but you will likely never actually go from sphere to sphere while playing. In context, in order for each person to get through milestones in their games, it relied on other people to have completed those spheres required for you to do your own. And there were 30 to go through for everyone to get their items. It was wild. All things considered, I had done everything I possibly could have in my time and didn't hold anyone back necessarily (only through some other person's sphere conditions blocking me from doing so i.e. I had the Link's Awakening player's Hookshot in the Copycat's House quest in Saffron City, which required me to have cleared Silph Co. to rid Saffron of Team Rocket which blocks building entrances; I needed a Card Key in the OOT player's Fire Temple). It was a total run time of about 2:10PM to 7:55PM.

The multiworld was:
  • 3 A Link To The Past worlds
  • 1 Link's Awakening DX world
  • 1 Ocarina of Time world
  • 1 Final Fantasy world
  • 1 (My) Pokémon Red world

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 27th, 2023

Elden Ring (PS5)
Walked into the Malenia fight this morning, tried for maybe 90 minutes or so and gave up as I stopped managing to make it to her second phase. Tried the fight again just now and beat her in under an hour, so overall did her fight in less than three hours total. I was super happy to beat her second phase first try after dodging her opening attack successfully, especially since it was the first time I got back to that phase since failing to do so after the first 40 minutes of my attempts at her. Grin

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jul 28th, 2023

The Sims 4.

Had one of my Sims spending ages befriending a young lady... and then, when he tried to turn that friendship into something more, she told him she wasn't interested in men. So, that was obviously frustrating for him... but, I hope they can still remain friends Smile .

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jul 29th, 2023

Genshin Impact

Just dailies and completing the Adventurer Trials event, which played a bit more of after acquiring all the rewards because I liked the random co-op. Was also farm some materials I've been meaning to get for characters. Still got to do Abyss for my F2P accounts and the rest of the main event too.

Tekken 8 Closed Network Test

Mainly been playing King, last weekend I also played Lili, Law, Kazuya, Bryan. Yesterday all King as I got him to Warrior rank (highest rank attainable in the CNT) but continued to play and got demoted then promoted back to Warrior multiple times. To my surprise while I was watching TheMainManSWE stream as he played, I ran into him which was very weird watching our intros on my screen then my laptop, then wondering "ah, he also is against King like I am against a Kazuya...OH SHIT that's me!" ROFL I played OK even if I didn't only win one round, and was just happy it was my King that I had been using and no one else.
After some matches later I ran into a Bryan that I did really well the first round then sucked, but in our second match there was a disconnect which put me off playing the rest of the day.
Today, I just got my King back to Warrior again as I was demoted in the previous match then looked at Jun's Combos and movelist.

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Aug 7th, 2023

Yoshi's Island (Archipelago - Unsupported World):

I participated in another on-stream multiworld featuring:

(1) Pokémon Red
(2) A Link to the Past
(1) Timespinner
(1) Ocarina of Time
(1) Final Fantasy
(1) Yoshi's Island

I was unsure at first if I was gonna do Yoshi since I was afraid of check-blocking folks if I was unable to do things quick enough or some kind of bug that prevented me from providing checks cuz of it still being in beta, but figured it would probably be fine in the end and went for it. It was a success! And it wasn't impossibly long either. Despite being the last to finish, I was glad I was even able to at all. The goal for Yoshi is clearing a specified number of bosses to unlock the final boss (Bowser). Unfortunately, most of the bosses require Keys to access, of which I didn't have until someone finished their game (they had missed a check). Next time, I'm going to enable start with Keys so I can at least get that when I get the levels unlocked. I also got skill checked hard on two levels: 3-E and 6-8 (Big Bowser fight). 3-E I absolutely hate cuz it's a one room clusterfuck of monkeys spitting melons at you over a giant pit with moving platforms in reverse. The speedrun makes it look easy but fuck me it took me at least 30 attempts to 100% it.

My Big Bowser fight skills are bad. I have terrible aim, and wow was there always that much lag in the game? I feel like I died to lag more times than not. Errm

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Aug 8th, 2023

Dark Souls Remastered (PC)

Finished my achievements run, making this the fifth (and likely final) time I'll 100% the game (PS3, 360, PS4, Steam x2). Unless they release a PS5 Remaster/Remake some day, but I don't imagine that's going to happen.

Genshin Impact (PC)

Finished up the current side-event going on and worked on the summer event a little more. Did all of the mini-games (they suck) and got my free copy of Layla, which happened to be the least one I needed for C6 for her, which is nice. Got a week left to finish the summer event and find all the chests, so I have some work to do this next week.

Honkai Star Rail (PC)

Finished all the events we have, finished the new story segment finally, and now back to just the daily grind and slowly working on improving my characters.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Aug 10th, 2023

Nightfall Hacker

I've completed that game now. I did enjoy it, although some of the later levels weren't as difficult as I was expecting, because some of the late-game units are frankly overpowered. For example, the Travelator can teleport your units around the map, which makes speed matter a lot less, and makes the slow but hard-hitting units a lot more powerful!

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Aug 13th, 2023

(Aug 8th, 2023, 12:46 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Finished my achievements run, making this the fifth (and likely final) time I'll 100% the game (PS3, 360, PS4, Steam x2). Unless they release a PS5 Remaster/Remake some day, but I don't imagine that's going to happen.
I noticed you were playing this today so I'm curious what else you were doing if you've already got all the achievements now? Unsure

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Just the daily run, where the most notable thing about it was ending up with 348 damage (starting damage for characters is usually 3.5) due to getting back-to-back powerful items from angel deals and item rooms that I rarely get even in regular runs. Also rare for me to get a really broken build like that where it's all damage with no crazy stuff happening alongside it since normally big damage = low frame rate from all the tear effects that have probably been stacked to achieve it.

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Aug 14th, 2023

Plate Up!
Played a new save file with a few friends of mine (we were down one and wanted to keep that progress together) and had a good time. We nearly completed a whole run, too-- we had a coffee shop going, and by day 8 we finally got a second coffee maker (something we needed since day 1) but we also had added in a cupcake display, which has a dangerously quick timer on it to rush to people's table. Eventually did us in. Did a salad bar next, followed by a burger joint. Such a fun game. It's Overcooked, but as a roguelike. One mistake ends a run, but progress carries over into your next runs.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Aug 14th, 2023

(Aug 13th, 2023, 08:34 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Aug 8th, 2023, 12:46 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I noticed you were playing this today so I'm curious what else you were doing if you've already got all the achievements now? Unsure

Just starting random characters of different builds. I've put thousands of hours into Dark Souls over the years and I could easily put several thousand more into it just because I enjoy the game that much. One thing I've never actually done in Dark Souls is play from NG all the way through NG+7, mainly because I start to get a little bored around NG+3 or NG+4, but I'm thinking about trying to actually finish it finally.

Elden Ring (PC)

Due to playing a lot of Dark Souls recently, I had the desire to start this back up. Not sure if I'll actually get myself to finish it this time or if I'll still get bored after a bit and drop the game yet again, but we'll see.

Genshin Impact (PC)

Finished up the story of the summer event and got all of the treasures and goodies around to get. Glad they decided to be smart and give us an item that showed us where all of the treasures are so we didn't have to spend hours hunting down that last one like with the two previous summer events.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Aug 16th, 2023

Genshin Impact

Got the animal finding event done on all three accounts, got the summer event completed fully on my Main account including all treasures. On NA got the story, side events and most of the treasures, didn't get the last reward for the 270 vouchers but did so on my EU F2P which I did the entire summer event yesterday minus...19 treasures so was more than what I got in my NA. Then did Spiral Abyss but because I left NA's until this morning I only claimed Floor 9's reward in time but missed out on 10 and 11 which annoyed me. 250 primos down the drain. Boo. Now Fonatine is here so...lots to do across the board.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Aug 16th, 2023

Genshin Impact (PC)

4.0 release night babyyyyyy. Thanks to one of my co-workers swapping shifts with me, I actually got to enjoy the release of it rather than having to wait until the next morning. I spent the entire night binging it and completed both parts of the Archon quests. Now I'm just going to go around and explore and do side quests to get my Reputation to level 2 so I can do my Requests and Bounties for this week in Fontaine. That way I'll be able to get the Fontaine wings as soon as possible in about two months (should be just in time for the banner for Furina, the Hydro Archon).

I enjoyed Fontaine's story quite a bit. Looking forward to the release of the second half of the Archon Quest in 2.2 to see what else happens (and to get our next weekly boss).

The underwater exploration is... well, not sure about it yet. Gonna have to experience it more to see if it gets old fast or continues to feel fun. I will say though that the underwater areas look absolutely gorgeous. Definitely looking forward to booting up Genshin on my PS5 and seeing how they look on a nice OLED screen.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Aug 18th, 2023

LEGO Studios Backlot

An online game from Lego.com, where you play the role of a character who goes around LEGO studios, performing errands for the staff. It was released some time around 2001; it's long since gone from the LEGO website, but it is still available through BlueMaxima's Flashpoint.

As you'll see from this video, it hasn't aged very well - but it does bring back some fond memories!