Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Aug 19th, 2023

Elden Ring (PS5)
As mentioned in the "Last Game Achievement Earned" thread, I recently finished my second playthrough of the game and am now on what I hope to be my third and final run. I'm going to take my time with this one though since I intend to use this run for the DLC too, and I don't want to potentially over level myself for the DLC by doing too much stuff in the base game before it drops or we at least learn more about it.

Dead by Daylight (PC)
Decided to go back to playing this because of the Alien chapter announcement reigniting my interest in this game, and got quickly reminded how often I get frame drops in this game even on the lowest settings. Spent a lot of time yesterday trying to figure out why it happens, and learned it's simply because this game is coded like shit. I had to go into my graphic driver settings and use that to turn on v-sync for the game because for whatever reason a PC game that still receives updates in 2023 doesn't have an in-game option to enable v-sync. Doing that not only removed all of the frame drop issues I have, but also allows me to run the game on ultra high graphics at a solid 60fps. I couldn't even get a solid 60fps on low graphics before. Errm

Phasmophobia (PC)
Played some sessions with @Dragon Lord earlier in the week which was a good way to enjoy the game in the state it was in prior to the update that dropped this week. Gave the update a little look mostly for the new training map, but I won't know how actual matches have changed until I play some more games tonight hopefully with DL and possibly @ShiraNoMai.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Aug 21st, 2023

Genshin Impact

Been playing and enjoying the new Fontaine region, playing as Lynette, advanced the Archon Quest in my main, exploring Fontaine on my main and my NA accounts, yet to on my EU F2P. I actually have done two different World Quests on my main and NA, which felt fresh for once as I usually do things on my main before the other two. So now I'm more willing to see what I can find during my EU exploration, perhaps run into something new there as well.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Aug 24th, 2023

Dead by Daylight (PC)
A lot of killers camping today. I haven't had a single match yet without the killer just constantly leaving people on the ground and only going for hooks once multiple people are down so they can easily track other survivors the instant someone who's down gets revived. Errm

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Aug 26th, 2023

Ball Revamped II

A classic Flash game, which I come back to every now and then to see whether I can still play it. And... I can: I completed the game in 10 minutes and 6 seconds. Some way off my best time (which is under 9 minutes), but still respectable Smile !

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Sep 1st, 2023

Dead by Daylight (PC)
First time playing the game since the Alien chapter dropped, and I was having fun until the game shat the bed and started showing me still images of things I had been doing in the game multiple rounds ago while I was in a match. I thought it was just my end but then the entire match died because of a server error and I got kicked back to the title screen, so no clue what was going on there. Blink

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Sep 1st, 2023

LEGO Racers, just for the nostalgia value. I usually play that when my sister's over.

Instead of just trying to win (which is too easy), we usually try to knock our main rival down the order as far was possible. Today, our main rival was Baron von Barron - and we managed to sabotage him in enough races for him to finish joint 4th in the points table, on 35 points (while we finished a narrow 1st, on 80 Tongue )

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Sep 4th, 2023

Holstin - Demo (PC)
Mentioned this game in the Anticipated Games thread earlier and decided to play the demo over the last 90 minutes, and dang this game is showing a lot of promise so far. I really love the art style and the puzzles and combat are really cool for what's been finished of those mechanics so far. Everything you do in combat is tied to a stamina bar which depletes whenever you perform any action in combat including aiming your gun, and if you get attacked your maximum stamina gets reduced which makes combat even more tense as you run out quicker and have to wait on it to recharge before you can do anything again.
Really looking forward to seeing more of this game in future and for the third part of the demo to be released later in the year. Grin

RE: Last Game You Played - Eric - Sep 5th, 2023

Starfield. My god what an incredible game, I am absolutely hooked 20 hours in and I'm still only level 13. Don't open Reddit for opinions about this game. In fact, not going to Reddit in general is great advice for anyone.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Sep 7th, 2023

(Sep 5th, 2023, 08:54 AM)Eric Wrote:
Starfield. My god what an incredible game, I am absolutely hooked 20 hours in and I'm still only level 13. Don't open Reddit for opinions about this game. In fact, not going to Reddit in general is great advice for anyone.
If you haven't watched it yet, Dunkey did a good video mocking how Gamers™ view this game:

RE: Last Game You Played - Maniakkid25 - Sep 8th, 2023

Shin Megami Tensei V

I'm still early in the game. Haven't played it much recently. Made it to a boss that, naturally, is making me tear what's left of my hair out. See, most of my Demons specialize in three of the four non-insta-kill elements. Ice, Electricity, and Force. These have been the necessary skills to survive against earlier bosses. So, of course, this one is immune to Electricity and Force damage, and is only weak to Fire...where I have exactly one demon that specializes in it.

It's not as dire a situation as it sounds, because the MC can learn new skills from Essences, so I could just give myself a fire skill, and then have two people artillery her. The problem is that the Essences are one and done, and I'd have to replace one of the skills I have in my limited skill set-up (I only have 5 skills max, right now).

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Sep 10th, 2023

I forgot you own a Nintendo Switch @Maniakkid25...  Sweat
Did earlier SMT games do a similar thing with element weaknesses? I'm just a little surprised you didn't try to balance fire into your team more beforehand if it's a thing for SMT games to eventually put more focus on a particular element later that doesn't show up much/at all earlier in the game. Unsure

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Sep 11th, 2023

The Mata Nui Online Game - for nostalgic reasons Tongue .

Each chapter only takes me about 10 minutes to complete (if even that)... mainly because my laptop is so much faster than the computer I had in 2001, which could take several seconds to load each individual scene!

RE: Last Game You Played - Maniakkid25 - Sep 11th, 2023

(Sep 10th, 2023, 09:40 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I forgot you own a Nintendo Switch @Maniakkid25...  Sweat
Did earlier SMT games do a similar thing with element weaknesses? I'm just a little surprised you didn't try to balance fire into your team more beforehand if it's a thing for SMT games to eventually put more focus on a particular element later that doesn't show up much/at all earlier in the game. Unsure

It's uncommon for things to go this lopsided this early, but it's not uncommon for the games to constantly change the boss weaknesses (and if the devs are feeling particularly cruel, don't give them any). It's just that the random encounters have mostly been using those weaknesses, and this is a game series where the random encounters can and will take you down if you aren't careful. And worse yet, if the MC drops, it's game over, no saving throw or anything like that.

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Sep 12th, 2023

The Ascent
Been playing this isometric twin-stick shooter with a few friends of mine. Been a lot of dumb fun. Not quite sure what the plot is at any given point, but the whole world-building is so fucking cool and it's an absolutely gorgeous game. Game is still quite unstable in parts; we've had a few bugs happen in our playthroughs through just many weird desync functions (such as entering a cutscene while menuing) but other than that it's been fine.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Sep 15th, 2023

(Sep 11th, 2023, 12:31 AM)Kyng Wrote:
The Mata Nui Online Game - for nostalgic reasons Tongue .

Each chapter only takes me about 10 minutes to complete (if even that)... mainly because my laptop is so much faster than the computer I had in 2001, which could take several seconds to load each individual scene!

A bit more of this. It's not a very long game - but, since I'm only doing one chapter a night, it's taking me a little while. 

Still, I am almost finished now... only two more chapters to go!