Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Oct 8th, 2023

@Kyng If I remember correctly isn't their some kind of stat or skill that determines how well a Sim can do things, perhaps even if they're tired they're also prone to making a mistake? Theirs must be terrible or low. XD

Genshin Impact

Just doing dailies and exploring a bit. Have been periodically giving one game account more attention than the other two, but not everyday. Like I explored the new Fontaine area for 4.1 more in NA and finally enter The Chasm, did the Archon quest in my main but less exploring overall, then my other non-spending EU account found a place I haven't encountered in the other two accounts so looked there for a bit plus catching up on other exploration. Also for my F2P EU farming one of the new bosses for material in case I go for Wriothesley as I have a number of useable Cryo Goblets sitting around, which I accumulated suddenly in a short period after spending months to a year without one.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Oct 8th, 2023

(Oct 8th, 2023, 01:03 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
@Kyng If I remember correctly isn't their some kind of stat or skill that determines how well a Sim can do things, perhaps even if they're tired they're also prone to making a mistake? Theirs must be terrible or low. XD

Yes, there is, but this Sim doesn't have Level 1 Cooking... something like Level 7 LOL . 

Anyway, the last game I played was Victoria III. I'm still on the tutorial level, but I am rather enjoying the economic aspect of the game, which seems to be deeper than many of the other Paradox games. (I don't think it's displaced Crusader Kings II as my favourite Paradox game overall - but, it's probably in second behind that Smile )

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Oct 12th, 2023

Lies of P (PS5)
Defeated the final boss of the game last night and just have the optional thing that comes after it to complete I think to finish my first playthrough of the game.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Oct 13th, 2023

Genshin Impact (PS5)

Started the new event we have in the game and did all of the first day events. Other than that, just farming for the materials I need for Furina. Unfortunately there are some she'll need that won't be added into the game until she is in 4.2, so I can't pre-farm everything, but I can at least pre-farm the talent books and the weapon books I'll need.

Honkai Star Rail (PS5)

Game finally released on PS5 and man does it look good. The PS5 version supports native 4K, so there's a very nice difference between playing it on my PC monitor and my 4K OLED TV. While the game obviously doesn't have super realistic graphics, I noticed that things look more vibrant and colors seem to pop a lot more, and the game looks smoother as well. Which is a difference I noticed between playing on PC or my phone before (phone having an OLED screen, same thing with the colors looking more vibrant and such). Nice to be able to enjoy that difference on a big screen now instead of just my phone.

Fate/Samurai Remnant (PS5)

Haven't gotten too far into the game yet, but greatly enjoyed what I've played of it so far. It's a Musou game, but unlike a lot of other games in this genre, this one has a ton of RPG layers to it, which really adds a lot of depth to the game play style. I look forward to getting further into the game and seeing how much more in-depth everything starts to feel.

Elden Ring (PC)

Been playing on a new STR based character, using the Greatsword to smash the face of my foes into oblivion. Have to say, I've been enjoying the game MUCH more with this build than my previous attempts to get through the game. I guess this will go down with Dark Souls 2 as the two Souls games that I really like STR builds more than DEX. Too bad Fromsoft can't be more consistent with making STR builds feel fun in all of the Souls games.

I do still plan to go back to my DEX/INT build and play around with it more. I bought the game for PS5 during Prime Day here as well, so eventually I'll start on there to go for a platinum run, which I think I might try either doing a pure Bleed build, or doing a Dex/Faith build to make use of all the buffs and such.

----------

Ah, if only every shipping company in the US hadn't become such a joke, I might have had my copy of Lords of the Fallen today to actually enjoy it on release like everyone else. Might be time to go back to ye olden days and go to Walmart and buy my games in person again, so I can actually enjoy them on release day.

RE: Last Game You Played - WR91 - Oct 17th, 2023

I am still currently making my way through Gears of War 3 on the Xbox 360. #BelieveIt

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Oct 18th, 2023

@Dragon Lord: Did you end up getting a copy of LotF yet?

Dead by Daylight (PC)
Finished up all the survivor quests in the current tome but don't feel like doing the killer ones, plus most of the killer ones are for. DLC characters so I couldn't do them anyway. I wish the Halloween event would start already because I really wanna see what it's like with the sub-realm system they're going to implement for the event. Grin

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Oct 18th, 2023

Yes... unfortunately. It may actually be the absolute worst game I've ever had the misfortune of playing.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Oct 18th, 2023

Wow, that doesn't sound good. XD

Genshin Impact

Just dailies, farming some materials and domain challenging, a bit with DL too. Tried pulling for Wriothesley last night on his release on my EU F2P but lost the 50/50, which I'm OK with. it was going to take longer to build him properly with a weapon anyway, although I did have the boss material ready. I instead got him on my main account which actually has a Marechausse set ready and put Skyward Atlas on him and even at low talents he's doing some significant damage. Gotta grind for the boss material though, and each artifact can be improved later, got him to Level 59 so far. Do prefer his gameplay to Neuvilette's which is just blast opponents from a distance, I enjoy getting close to the action in ARPGs, which should've made me want to play Heizou but nah, I wanted a proper man to do the job. XD

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Oct 22nd, 2023

(Oct 18th, 2023, 03:10 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Yes... unfortunately. It may actually be the absolute worst game I've ever had the misfortune of playing.
I'd be surprised by this if I hadn't seen a little of the game on a Twitch stream where the streamer was commenting on how much enemy spam there is during a moment of downtime, only to turn a corner and immediately get their screen filled with shit. Next time I caught their stream they'd finished the game and said they were not keen on it despite being a big fan of Souls-likes and having done numerous challenges across those sorts of games. They never went into the details of what they disliked with the game though so all I know is the little I saw. LOL

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Oct 22nd, 2023

The Sims 4

My Victoria III game descended into civil war - so, back to this now Tongue . Unfortunately, my Sims' lives didn't go much better - as one of them crashed his rocket LOL ! He survived, but I don't think he'll be going back into space for some time...

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Oct 23rd, 2023

(Oct 22nd, 2023, 10:43 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Oct 18th, 2023, 03:10 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I'd be surprised by this if I hadn't seen a little of the game on a Twitch stream where the streamer was commenting on how much enemy spam there is during a moment of downtime, only to turn a corner and immediately get their screen filled with shit. Next time I caught their stream they'd finished the game and said they were not keen on it despite being a big fan of Souls-likes and having done numerous challenges across those sorts of games. They never went into the details of what they disliked with the game though so all I know is the little I saw. LOL

Yeah, the devs really missed the mark on what makes a Souls-like good, and they figured making it as tedious and annoying as possible = challenging and difficult. I mean, sure, you're making the game challenging and difficult for people to actually want to play it, so good job there?

Funny thing is that most of the time in Souls games, it's the bosses that provide the fun challenger and difficulty... in this game, the bosses are an absolute joke (they're super easy, aside from some that have absolutely bullshit mechanics to them). The hardest part of this game is just dealing with the enemy spam every where. Thought Elite enemies in Lies of P were annoying? How about having 2-3 of them at once, with 5-10 basic enemies around them + 3-5 archer/mage enemies in the distance being able to snipe you from across the level? Oh yeah, and if you aggro one of them, all of them aggro to you even if you're out of sight of them. You can't even pull an enemy away from the pack to take care of them like how you can in Souls games. That's one of the biggest things about Souls games. You unknowingly walk into a huge ambush, get your ass handed to you, then you learn to be more careful and pull enemies out to you one at a time. In this game it's like nope, you gotta fight all 20 of those enemies at once.

The ranged enemies are definitely the biggest bullshit in this game though. They can detect you from a ridiculous range, having ridiculous tracking on their projectiles (ah yes, heat seeking crossbow bolts) and do way too much damage on top of it all. Crossbow enemies have an extra layer of bullshit as well, as they can rapidly shoot two bolts at you, which makes no sense considering their reload animation is just reloading a single bolt. But yeah, these little bastards can take like 85% of your health in about 3 seconds because of that.

There are some fun aspects of this game. Dual-wielding gives you a different move set and you can dual wield any weapons together, which is really awesome.  Want to dual wield a tiny dagger and a colossal greatsword together? Go ahead! You can buff any weapon in the game, which is great when running a magic build. I'm doing a Strength/Radiance (Faith) build and having the boss weapon of the first boss in the game, which is a pure Radiance scaling weapon, and being able to buff it with the holy damage buff just makes it absolutely killer. A lot of interesting weapons in this game as well. It's just a shame that mechanically, the game is an absolute shit show and needed like another 6-12 months to cook.

Oh yeah, and the multiplayer is DREADFUL. Out of 10 attempts to co-op yesterday, I disconnected nine times and the one time that I actually got into another player's world, the game was so laggy that I kept dying to the boss's attacks when it was attacking the host across the arena from me. The boss would just suddenly pop up in front of me and my health would disappear. Couldn't parry at all, and even blocking failed a few times, which made no sense to me. It has to be by far the worst netcode I've seen in a game and is inexcusable to the highest degree. Devs should be ashamed of themselves for praising their seamless co-op so much, only to deliver such a sad, pathetic excuse of a multiplayer experience.

Oh and you're unable to make a cute looking female character to save your life, which is the gravest of all sins. Game is a -5/10 for that alone.

I'm still playing it because I spent $80 on it, but I'm definitely not liking it as much as I should be able to. It has made me appreciate Lies of P a lot more though, so thanks devs I guess?

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Oct 23rd, 2023

@Dragon Lord: Wow, so the enemy spam is way worse than the little I saw then, and I thought that was super bad. XD
I read just now that apparently multiplayer for the game was broken by using UE5 and is why crossplay is not available for the game, so maybe that's why you're having such bad issues getting a co-op game to work. Apparently it was also rushed to appease investors?

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Nov 4th, 2023

The Sims 4

My Sims set fire to their stove for the eighth time. It was funny the first couple of times, but now it's just getting annoying... I've since splashed out on the most expensive stove available, since apparently that's unbreakable Tongue .

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Nov 10th, 2023

Lies of P (PS5)
Just been playing this most of the day because I don't feel like really doing anything else. I did however just accidentally discover that holding down L2 when having the Falcon Eyes Legion Arm equipped gives you the ability to aim the shot freely with a reticule, which I wish I knew about earlier.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Nov 20th, 2023

The last game I played was The Sims 4 - although, I should point out that I've also been playing Railgrade and Civilization: Beyond Earth this weekend.

Indeed, Railgrade was introduced to me by Moonface himself - and after briefly checking the game out in October, I'm really starting to get into it now!