Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Nov 20th, 2023

Yo nice, Kyng!

Been playing lots of Mario's Super Picross on NSO. Got all of Level 1-5 down on Mario side (each level has 9 puzzles I think?) and Levels 1-2 of Wario side down.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Nov 21st, 2023

Half Life 2 (PC)
Man, I have a lot of issues with this game and generally think it has aged really poorly, especially in regards to the level design. There are so many instances where I just have no clue where I'm meant to be going or what I'm expected to do because the environmental design just doesn't indicate a thing to the player. One of the most egregious examples is during the overly long airboat sequence where the developers hid explosive barrels out of view of the player that are used to blow open the doors to a shipping container that you have to drive through to progress. Nothing indicates this particular container is to be driven through though, and the only reason I eventually found those barrels was because I got out of the boat and walked backwards along the path I could see I was supposed to take the boat along but couldn't figure out how to get the boat onto that path, and that led me into the back of that one container that had the barrels inside it. Genuinely awful design to expect the player to get out of the boat in the middle of a body of water to look around the back of something when any other time you leave the boat there is actual land to walk on that has things on it that make it clear the player should get out of the boat.

It actually makes me kinda hope there isn't a Half Life 3 because I wouldn't expect Valve to actually do a good job with designing the game...

RE: Last Game You Played - Maniakkid25 - Nov 21st, 2023

I'm surprised you're having so much trouble with it, considering this game is one of the most playtested games ever. But, if you're already having this much trouble with it's pathing, you're going to HATE Ravenholm.

It's been a few years, so I might play it again to see if I can still figure things out, because I remember usually not having problems with pathing outside of Ravenholm. Their use of lights and colors are usually enough to guide me along the right path.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Nov 22nd, 2023

Super Mario RPG [Switch]: I've been playing since Monday and I have all characters already, while exploring the cold ocean depths looking for treasure.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Nov 22nd, 2023

(Nov 21st, 2023, 07:51 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I'm surprised you're having so much trouble with it, considering this game is one of the most playtested games ever. But, if you're already having this much trouble with it's pathing, you're going to HATE Ravenholm.

It's been a few years, so I might play it again to see if I can still figure things out, because I remember usually not having problems with pathing outside of Ravenholm. Their use of lights and colors are usually enough to guide me along the right path.
I don't recall Ravenholm giving me a lot of issues when it came to navigating it. I found most of my troubles are during any of the vehicle chapters where areas get really open and I'll see the end point I'm supposed to get to, but the way to it is never clear all the time and the game flow just crashes to a halt.
I also detest how heavy the vehicle use is in this game. I feel like more of my playthrough has been driving a vehicle than it has been actually travelling on foot and shooting people. I'm always so relieved when the vehicle sections come to an end because they really overstay their welcome for me. Errm

@queenzelda: How are you finding the game overall? The general consensus I've seen is the game is good but has been made easier across the board compared to the original despite the fact an easy mode has also been added to the game.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Nov 22nd, 2023

Genshin Impact

Just doing whatever I feel like on each account, dailies, Archon Quests (Fontaine for main Inazuma for NA), World Quests, Character Quests, artifact farming or improving, so on. I pulled for Furina's weapon on my NA to decide on which account I'd be pulling her on and got Baizhu's weapon instead which I immediately regretted because I was meant to pull for Ayato's weapon, but then stopped regretting it. So off to main account where I would pull for her eventually anyway as that's my Archon collection account. So yeah I did put that weapon on my Baizhu anyway so whatever.

I ignored the most recent event a bit too long only because I assumed it ran all the way to this Sunday but turned out to be a daily type event, which I was not aware of initially, so I couldn't claim all rewards on my main and EU F2P accounts, but DL helped my on my NA gifting me examples which I was thankful for. The other two sit at 4/7 which is annoying unless I go try and grovel to other players which I can't be bothered to do. Hoyo could've let that event run fully until this weekend to finish collecting samples so everyone can get their rewards on their own but nope.

Speaking earlier of Baizhu I completed his Story Quest which actually surprisingly enjoyed, one of the better ones and delved more into his lore, helped that Hu Tao and Qiqi were a part of it because most of the Character Story Quests tend to not include other characters.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Nov 23rd, 2023

Half Life 2 (PC)
Reached Nova Prospect and spent as much time fighting the collision hit boxes of the Antlions as I did fighting enemies. All the tight corridors, walkways and doorways just do not work for having a pack of those things fighting alongside you as allies because they seem intent on trying to climb up my asshole every waking moment. In the end I lost my patience and would just blast any of them that kept body blocking me with the shotgun because they'd get me stuck in a doorway exposed to turrets and enemies.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Nov 24th, 2023

(Nov 22nd, 2023, 02:32 PM)Moonface Wrote:
@queenzelda: How are you finding the game overall? The general consensus I've seen is the game is good but has been made easier across the board compared to the original despite the fact an easy mode has also been added to the game.
Yea, though it has 'easy mode' you can still play on normal. They added triple attacks in the game, which I find interesting. But yea if you use triple attack, it is easier. You could also just not use the triple attack and go without for a challenge run. You can make things harder for yourself if you want. I tend to go looking for harder battles because I want the exp, but it just makes everything I run into die quicker. haha 

Personally, I'm enjoying the remaster. Its been a good time for me. I only took a break from it so I can battle the Hisuian Samurott in Pokémon scarlet/violet this weekend. So last game I played was Pokémon Violet & used the electric bike to take it down. Smile

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Nov 24th, 2023

(Nov 24th, 2023, 09:41 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
So last game I played was Pokémon Violet & used the electric bike to take it down. Smile
Eh, you can defeat Pokemon in S/V without using a Pokemon? Unless "electric bike" is your nickname for the legendary featured on the box art? Huh

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Nov 26th, 2023

(Nov 24th, 2023, 11:11 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Nov 24th, 2023, 09:41 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
So last game I played was Pokémon Violet & used the electric bike to take it down. Smile
Eh, you can defeat Pokemon in S/V without using a Pokemon? Unless "electric bike" is your nickname for the legendary featured on the box art? Huh

Na, I named it Artex tbh. I saw someone else name theirs like Iron Snake.  LOL I know one is Miradon and the other is Koridon, I just like messing with ppls heads. Gotta make 'em think. 

Last game I played was Wylde Flowers on Switch. I'm replaying cause I felt in the mood too. :3

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Nov 26th, 2023

BallisticNG (PC)
Bought this yesterday since it's been in my Steam wish list for a while, and oh man it has been a very long time since a game just put a huge smile on my face like this one has. I was only in the menus and already found myself smiling like a kid at Christmas and playing a few races just made that feeling grow more. I haven't played a lot yet but this game has already risen to one of my all time favourites. Grin

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Nov 27th, 2023

Civilization: Beyond Earth

I finished my game in 243 turns, which was quite quick for me. I credit that to the fact that I was playing as Polystralia, which has more trade routes as its bonus... the trading mechanics in this game are crazily OP >_< .

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Nov 27th, 2023

Super Mario RPG (NS)

Finished the game just now. Fun play through, the remake was really good. The new post-game bosses were extremely disappointing. All of them except one were just pointless gimmick fights. I would have been done with the game last week but I ended up restarting my play through because I forgot to use Thought Peek on some bosses, and then I decided I wanted to grind out 100 Super Jumps in the early game before any party members joined, so I wouldn't have to spend time skipping their turns.

Elden Ring (PC)

Finished the game and got 100% (yay for save scumming to get all three endings without NG+/NG+2!). Thank god I'm done with this turd. At least until I do my PS5 platinum run, but I plan on using the most absurdly broken one-shot build to slaughter everything quickly for that run.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Dec 7th, 2023

BallisticNG (PC)
I spent over two hours today trying to beat an event and gave up after I noticed it was starting to tank my patience and get me agitated. It's a race with double damage weapons and I know it's going to be tough to win by coming in first so I'm trying to beat it by just killing everyone else before the race ends so I just get first place by default, but the best I've managed is getting the pack down to 2/7 opponents left alive but failing to take them out before the race finishes. Doh

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Just daily runs as always, but today's was a neat reminder that today is Satoru Iwata's birthday because the daily run starts you off with this games version of a Game Boy item and an Iwata character skin instead of the default character skin.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Dec 7th, 2023

Born of Bread {steam] pc: I think I got as far as the first temple area but of course it's all in poisoned water, what is this Majora's Mask? lol So far, I'm really enjoying the game, 💜