Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Dec 9th, 2023

The Sims 4

Yes, after my CivBE game, I'm back to this Tongue . Nothing too exciting happened, though: my Sims didn't set their oven on fire for once. Instead, they just went fishing... and also didn't set the fish on fire!

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Dec 9th, 2023

Dark Souls II (PC)

Just recently finished up my 100% run of the game on Steam. I was very quickly reminded why Dark Souls II is among the worst of the Souls games. Just need to get through it one more time to 100% the Scholar of the First Sin version.

Chrono Trigger (PC)

After finishing Dark Souls 2, I decided to continue diving into past games that I like. Figured it was the perfect time to do my 100% runs of both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross on Steam. Very disappointed in the achievement list for CT though. It's literally just 13 achievements for the 13 possible endings in the game. No achievements for any other content in the game such as optional bosses, side quests, 100% completions, or anything like that. Not surprised to see such laziness from a SE port though.

Genshin Impact (PC)

Just continuing the never ending grind for better artifacts for my Furina. Some day I'll have a half-decent set for her... some day. Other than that, slowly working my way through back log of quests. Still need to go back to Sumeru and finish pretty much all of the content for that region.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Dec 14th, 2023

Lies of P (PS5)
Started up my NG+1 run yesterday and I'm hoping to get through the game quickly on this run because I'm ignoring anything except for Quartz, which has already cut down a considerable amount of exploration in the first two areas of the game for me. I don't need to care about any side quests since I got everything from them already.

God of War Ragnarök (PS5)
I did want to play the DLC but I haven't finished everything in the main game and want to do all of that stuff first. I will say going back to this game yesterday straight after Lies of P highlights a lot of issues with the combat, in particular how slow it is to swap weapons and that a lot of the "rules" feel inconsistent. It becomes incredibly annoying for me when I do something that would stun an enemy but sometimes the stun doesn't happen which is usually on an attack that is supposed to be prevented with a stun, and the stun not happening normally means taking so much damage I die right after. I also found that if I blocked the first attack from an enemy that the parry animation wouldn't finish playing before the enemy does another attack, which means I can't block that next attack and get forced to take the damage. Hmph

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Dec 15th, 2023

Genshin Impact

Can't think of much I have done of note since my last post...erm, finishing up the Fungi event, the first one I think I've bothered to play out of those themed events. That and the usual dailies and such.

Tekken 8 Demo

Played through Chapter 1, the first section plus fought all available avatar players in the club then the tournament in Arcade Quest, then played against my AI bot in Super Ghost Battle. Tried to train the AI but when I stop to wait and see what it can do, it'll also learn when I'm stopping but other than it does get my movement, inputs and some combos down so it's sort of good. So once I get better, my Ghost will too. Will be much better when I'm playing as Lee though.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Dec 16th, 2023

The Sims 4

I've been playing less of this lately (got a bit addicted to Railgrade!), but I'm still checking in with my Sims every now and then. Not a lot interesting happened today... except that one of them started flirting with a ghost Tongue .

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Dec 22nd, 2023

Tekken 8 - Demo (PS5)
I played this the day it came out but forgot to ever post about it here. I did pretty much everything the demo had to offer in one go, and I'd say the only part I really enjoyed was the Story mode. Arcade Quest could've been good if not for the horrific amount of dialogue...

God of War Ragnarök (PS5)
Finished the Valhalla DLC in terms of fighting the end boss enough times to get the story conclusion. There is still stuff I can see with more runs apparently so I guess I'll do a few more until I've actually seen everything and got the last few trophies I need. Too bad the base game had such a shit story when the Valhalla DLC has such a good one.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Dec 23rd, 2023

Civilization: Beyond Earth

Since my sister's here for Christmas, we started a new game together Tongue . I'm playing as the African Union, while she's opted for Franco-Iberia. So far, it's early days: we have two cities each (and I have two outposts on the way to becoming cities) - but, our empires will eventually be much bigger!

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Dec 29th, 2023

Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5)
Started this on Christmas Eve, and finished the story on the 26th. I forgot the game takes place at Christmas so it was unintendedly fitting for the time I chose to play it, and I like that it was on the shorter side when a lot of games I've played recently tend to be on the longer side. I think my biggest gripes with the game is the story ending feels like a hollow copy of the ending to Spider-Man, and almost every other story mission at the start of the game seems to exist more to dump more optional content markers on my map than to actually progress the story.
It's also yet another game to suffer from the problem of current first-party Sony games having protagonists or accompanying characters that can't shut up for two seconds. I felt like this game was just bombarding me with dialogue even after I turned off multiple options that disable certain dialogue moments. Errm

RE: Last Game You Played - Maniakkid25 - Jan 6th, 2024

Monster Hunter Rise (PC)

So I've been grinding my way through this game for the past, like, month now, and I have finally hit my "NOPE" monster to never ever hunt, and it's not the giant spider that breathes fire! So there's a monster called an Almudron that swims though marshy land and stuff, and likes to throw mud at you and all that great stuff that is sufficiently annoying, because Waterblight sucks (Waterblight slows the rate you recover stamina, which you need to be able to dodge)

There's a Magma variant.

NOPE! NUH UH! You cannot make me fight this thing! I am ignoring that quest as if my life depended on it! This is Lavasioth all over again, and I ain't doing that s***!

It is a required quest, but thankfully for me, I only need to complete 2 out of the 4 required quests to advance the story, so I can safely ignore it with no consequences.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jan 7th, 2024

@Maniakkid25: I'm guessing there's no viable strategy to efficiently dealing with those enemies besides don't get hit by the blight effects? Reminds me a bit of a boss from Lies of P where if it hits you at all, you get inflicted with a status that reduces stamina recovery and the fight becomes a real slog until it goes away because it gets very hard to dodge or parry attacks when it all uses up stamina faster than you can recover it. I actually wonder if there's any example of a boss/enemy in a game that inflicts a stamina debuff that isn't awful to deal with. Errm

RE: Last Game You Played - Maniakkid25 - Jan 7th, 2024

There is an item that immediately heals it (the Nulberry), but the game doesn't pause as you scroll through your inventory to find it, so sometimes it's better to just let it go away on its own, especially if you're me and consistently getting your ass kicked, so you sit on a Mega-potion just to make sure you're ready to use it (and hope you don't get cheap-shotted while trying to back off).

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jan 7th, 2024

The Sims 4

Two of my Sims went on a date, and it was all going well... until this old woman disapproved of their flirting, and attacked them with her handbag:

They'll probably go somewhere else next time!

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jan 8th, 2024

Pokémon Scarlet: Finished the dlc & got Ogrerpon. Just started the second part of the dlc though.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jan 9th, 2024

(Jan 7th, 2024, 10:00 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
There is an item that immediately heals it (the Nulberry), but the game doesn't pause as you scroll through your inventory to find it, so sometimes it's better to just let it go away on its own, especially if you're me and consistently getting your ass kicked, so you sit on a Mega-potion just to make sure you're ready to use it (and hope you don't get cheap-shotted while trying to back off).
Ah. It sounds like the game would really benefit from letting you put certain items in a quick use slot similar to the Souls games so you're not having to enter your inventory during fights for crucial items. Errm

(Jan 7th, 2024, 10:34 PM)Kyng Wrote:
The Sims 4

Two of my Sims went on a date, and it was all going well... until this old woman disapproved of their flirting, and attacked them with her handbag.
They should've just kicked her in the shin and leave her on the floor with a broken hip from the fall. Whistle

(Jan 8th, 2024, 05:34 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Pokémon Scarlet: Finished the dlc & got Ogrerpon. Just started the second part of the dlc though.
How does the second part feel compared to the first so far? Smile

Dead by Daylight (PC)
Picked this game up again for whatever reason compelled me to, and todays sessions were just gross all around. So many killers just tunneling or slugging or some other toxic behavior. I think out of more than a dozen games I only escaped like twice, which wouldn't bother me if I wasn't dying to BM. Errm

RE: Last Game You Played - Maniakkid25 - Jan 9th, 2024

(Jan 9th, 2024, 02:19 AM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jan 7th, 2024, 10:00 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Ah. It sounds like the game would really benefit from letting you put certain items in a quick use slot similar to the Souls games so you're not having to enter your inventory during fights for crucial items. Errm

Oh, it does, but you have to hit the inventory scroll button, choose on the directional pad which shortcut set up you want (yes I'm playing on controller. Eat me.), and then you select the item with the same stick you use to move the camera! So, it's memory-intensive, confusing, and if you are trying to keep track of a fast monster, actively detrimental to your playing. And some of these monsters are fast as f***, boi! Bishaten, Volvidon, Mizutsune, Magnamalo, and those are just a few in the main game! I just fought a Seregios in the Sunbreak expansion, and HOO MAH GAWD! Thing was flying around and attacking like a swan on meth!