Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jan 9th, 2024

(Jan 9th, 2024, 02:19 AM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jan 8th, 2024, 05:34 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Pokémon Scarlet: Finished the dlc & got Ogrerpon. Just started the second part of the dlc though.
How does the second part feel compared to the first so far? Smile 

Personally, I love how once you get into the academy you can open your pokeportal, and union circle to do some bbq's with friends and get a ton of bp which you need to open up other areas of the academy so you can catch all of the starters. :3 I think some people here will say the dlc is lame, but I like the legendary turtle & the fun I've had playing it so far. :3 Also the Eliete 4 all actually have personalities and are harder to beat, so there is that. 

Pokémon Scarlet: Now at the blueberry academy & am taking on the Elite four. 

Star Trek: Resurgence [PS5]: I've just meet up with Portal in the story; if you know: you know. ;3

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jan 9th, 2024

Genshin Impact

Completed the flagship event on all three of my account servers, dailies and continued artifact farming to no avail, well more like 10% might get saved to build later or have been built to varying degrees of usage as either new slot or fodder for another artifact.
Got Navia on my EU PC on her first day of release and her weapon Verdict last week some time, huh it's already time for the next banner which I may see which one of my EU accounts gets Chevreuse...maybe.

Need to play Wonder and other games at some point.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jan 14th, 2024

Halo: Reach (PC)
Finally got past the painful space fight missions and I've quickly found this game a lot more interesting now that the story has gained significant traction. I feel like too much of the early stuff is just "Oh no, these bad guys are attacking the planet, we must stop them" and it just didn't engage me, but now that actual consequences have started coming into play and other stuff I've become really engrossed. The missions that takes place in the city are really cool and I wish signs of civilization like that were evident earlier because until that city appeared I just thought this was some random backwater planet that hasn't got much on it to care about. Also I was not expecting a very particular scene/event that just hits out of nowhere and for it to have the amount of weight/impact that it had for me; Kat's death. I haven't played many games where a moment like that has an impact and I was definitely not expecting that in this game.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jan 14th, 2024

Railgrade

Today's scenario was more challenging than usual... I had to set up a complicated supply chain (to produce CPUs), and I didn't have much starting cash. On my first two attempts, I screwed it up, and had to restart. But on my third attempt, I just about succeeded... and finally beat that annoying scenario Grin !

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jan 17th, 2024

Pokémon Scarlet: I am at 168 in the ProMedex. so close to 200! Once I hit 200 I get a hint from Perrin for where the legendries in Scarlet are and then I get to go catch them.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jan 19th, 2024

Remnant: From The Ashes (PS4)

Finally got my wish to play this game with a friend. So far it's been an absolute blast. It literally is "Dark Souls with guns" and it's amazing. We've completed the main game + Platinum trophy. Now we start working on the DLCs and their trophies. Going to be an absolute grind, because one of the DLC trophies is to collect all the armor skins from the DLC, which require an item called Glowing Fragments in order to purchase. You get these by playing on Hard mode or harder. Hard Mode gives 3 per mini-boss and 5 per world boss... we need many hundreds to get all of the skins. Going to be a lot of grinding. But hey, the game is super fun even when you're just re-running the same world over and over again, so that's a huge plus. The grind shouldn't feel too bad with how fun the game is.

Bastion (Steam)

I picked this up during the winter sale and forgot to list it in the topic for it, but I've been having a good deal of fun with it so far. I'm decently far into it, I feel, and while the combat does feel a bit dated, I'm still having a lot of fun with it. So far my go to is the Machete with the Bow as my long-ranged choice. I went for the +crit/+critdmg/+atk spd bonuses on the machete upgrades and it's fun to just watch things melt. So far not a bad pick up at all for... I think I paid $3 for it? Maybe $4? And yes, for anyone wondering, I also picked up Transistor (for the same price) to play after I'm done with Bastion.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jan 21st, 2024

Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince: I won in the tournament at Endor. Then went to Narnia and won there, I just went down a to a lower level, but I really need to recruit more monsters and get my team up before I can really start winning in the tournaments again.
oocc: Yes, there is a town called Endor in the game and my husband made so many Star Wars jokes it wasn't even funny.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jan 21st, 2024

Railgrade

Had a scenario where I had to export 128 loads of Heavy Tools in 90 minutes. That doesn't sound like much, but you first have to:

a) Turn Coal and Iron into Steel;
b) Turn Copper into Wire;
c) Turn Steel and Wire into Motors;
d) Turn Coal (or Oil) into Plastic;
e) Turn Plastic into Widgets;
f) Turn Motors, Widgets and Steel into Heavy Tools.

So, it's quite a complicated supply chain to set up Tongue . And the first time I tried, I screwed it up, and ran out of cash before I could even start the 'Plastic' part of the supply chain Tongue . On my second attempt, I instead made money by: a) exporting the Steel, and b) producing Energy, and sending it to a city to grow it. Then, once I'd made enough money from that, I built the various parts of the Heavy Tools supply chain, and finished the scenario with about 30 minutes to spare Smile .

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Jan 22nd, 2024

Palworld [Xbox via pc]: I forgot my brother gave me a gift card so I used it to double down on Palworld since I have a few friends who play it there too. I just started a file and made my character and base. I am really behind everyone else since I just started, but I did hurt my wrist earlier in the week. So since it felt better I started to play today.

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jan 22nd, 2024

Genshin Impact

Completed the dreaded Itto event on my main and NA servers, easy enough though and good for the quick primos even if I had to sit through some cutscenes. The other notable characters made it tolerable at least because if it were only Itto and npc Hanakado it would've been unbearable.

Tekken 8 Demo

Played a bit in Super Ghost Battle against some of the AI ghosts where I struggled slightly against the Azucena one but the others were simple really (Asuka, Panda, Bryan, Kazuya and one other who I forgot) then my own ghost, it somehow beat me twice. XD

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jan 23rd, 2024

Remnant: From the Ashes (PS4)

My friend and I started the story DLC last we played. Got pretty far into it. So far it's pretty good, though I'm kind of disappointed to see that a lot of the enemies we've encountered so far have been the same enemies we dealt with the entire main game, or just glorified re-skins of those enemies. Was hoping for a little more variety and new enemies in the DLC.

I'm running a crit build and so far it's really showing how good it can be in the DLC. If the boss has a weak spot for me to hit, I can shred its HP bar pretty damn fast. Though I'm really looking forward to getting the weapon from defeating the final boss of the DLC, as I've read that one is the absolute best for a crit build and will let me destroy bosses extremely quickly, which will be a huge boon when we do Survival Mode.

Bastion (PC)

Finished up my first playthrough of the game and started NG+. Going to run through quickly and finish leveling up my weapons and then go for the remainder of the achievements. I liked the game a good amount. Some gripes with it, but overall I had fun and enjoyed how the story was presented. We'll see how much I like the game after doing the dream sequences with all 10 idols activated though, haha.

Bravely Default II (Switch)

Made my way to the second area in the game. The game continues to surprise me with how easy grinding out job levels is. I've already maxed out Freelancer on all four party members for the JP+ abilities, which will in turn just make grinding out the other jobs even faster. Especially since they give you two JP+ abilities in this game, which stack to give an even bigger increase. On one hand, at least they realized how much of a slog farming JP was in the previous two games, but on the other hand this does make the game considerably easier since you can just spend an hour or two grinding out end-game spells at the start of the game.

Genshin Impact (PC)

Got the garbage event with garbage Itto done and out of the way. Thank god it didn't take too long. Hopefully we won't be seeing that annoyance for another year or two now. Now just back to the daily artifact farming until the next event comes out.

Honkai Star Rail (PC)

Got one of the two events we currently have running done. Was a pretty fast event that took very minimal effort to get all the rewards from, so that was nice.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jan 23rd, 2024

(Jan 17th, 2024, 04:04 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Pokémon Scarlet: I am at 168 in the ProMedex. so close to 200! Once I hit 200 I get a hint from Perrin for where the legendries in Scarlet are and then I get to go catch them.
Are you unable to get the legendaries before hitting 200? Unsure

(Jan 19th, 2024, 06:56 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Bastion (Steam)
I picked this up during the winter sale and forgot to list it in the topic for it, but I've been having a good deal of fun with it so far. I'm decently far into it, I feel, and while the combat does feel a bit dated, I'm still having a lot of fun with it. So far my go to is the Machete with the Bow as my long-ranged choice. I went for the +crit/+critdmg/+atk spd bonuses on the machete upgrades and it's fun to just watch things melt. So far not a bad pick up at all for... I think I paid $3 for it? Maybe $4? And yes, for anyone wondering, I also picked up Transistor (for the same price) to play after I'm done with Bastion.
I've seen you playing this and wasn't sure until reading this whether you had played it before. I tried out Transistor and it wasn't something I was able to get to grips with to the point I dropped it pretty quickly, so I hope you manage to vibe with it better than I was able to.

Dying Light 2 (PS5)
Started this about a week ago I think, and didn't go into it with high expectations since I've rarely heard a good word about it when compared to the first game. So far, I haven't really had the same level of criticism the majority appear to have, at least not to the point where I think the game is garbage. The biggest problem I have with the game is the bugs it has that I wasn't aware were bugs at first and thought the game was just doing some really bullshit stuff on the hardest difficulty, which was souring my experience but after finding out the things I was encountering are bugs that have workarounds I've lightened up a little about those things.
The NPC's in this game though are all horrifically stupid and inept. I'm not convinced a good number of the people in this game should be alive because they provide quests that come off as if only I could do them and nobody else would be able to do the task required, but if my character hadn't come to the location this game takes place in to bail these people out they would absolutely be dead in a week. Rolleyes

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jan 30th, 2024

(Jan 23rd, 2024, 09:16 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jan 17th, 2024, 04:04 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Are you unable to get the legendaries before hitting 200? Unsure

(Jan 19th, 2024, 06:56 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Bastion (Steam)
I've seen you playing this and wasn't sure until reading this whether you had played it before. I tried out Transistor and it wasn't something I was able to get to grips with to the point I dropped it pretty quickly, so I hope you manage to vibe with it better than I was able to.

Bastion is okay. It's fun enough and the story is... okay enough to keep me interested. It was definitely super over hyped back in the day though. The combat is very basic, but gets the job done through the game I suppose. You don't really feel how bad the combat can be until you have to do the dream sequences with all ten God Icons active (each one gives you a huge debuff/enemies a big buff), then you really feel how bad the combat is at its core.

I'd probably give the game a personal 5/10 or maybe 6/10. Or maybe it'd be fair to say I would have given it a 6/10, but doing the dream sequences with 10 god icons active has made me really dislike the game and I'd drop a point from it and give it a final score of 5/10.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Feb 12th, 2024

Dying Light 2 (PS5)
Played some of this yesterday to try and relax after getting myself worked up with stress. I managed to unintentionally discover that flooded building interiors do not always use a single "box" for water and instead put multiple next to each other if one needs to be a lower height, except that the two boxes won't be touching which results in a one pixel gap between the two that you can actually stand in as if there was no water. I initially noticed it when I saw my air meter refill briefly and the swimming animation bug out at the same time, and when I stopped to see if I had got caught on something was when I noticed the very obvious boundary where both water "boxes" are supposed to connect. ROFL

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Feb 18th, 2024

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5)
Played for a few hours and stopped because I had to restart my game after reaching level five, then died in a stupid way near the end of the second level and hadn't saved since the start of the level and I don't have the patience to do all of that a third time...