Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Feb 19th, 2024

Civilization V

This used to be my main game back in the early 2010s, and I got the urge to play it again a couple of days ago LOL . I started a new game as Greece - and so far, I've settled five cities; built several world wonders; and defended my capital from an attempted Japanese invasion.

Next up, I'll try to settle on another continent, and take my empire overseas!

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Feb 26th, 2024

Remnant: From the Ashes (PC)

Just been farming Adventure Mode to try and get some stuff I need to finish up for collection purposes. Still need a ton of Glowing Fragments for skins to get the 40 I need, so lots of time to go through and collect things I haven't gotten yet. Not really necessary for completion at this point, but I figured I might as well try to get some of the fun guns I didn't get through story mode to help clear the rest of what I have left to do.

Remnant: From the Ashes (PS4)

No, you're not going crazy. I am playing this game on two different systems at the same time (no, I don't have a problem. You have a problem). I actually finished getting 100% trophy completion for this game a while ago, but I'm still doing Survival Mode runs with my buddy to try and get him the 10 boss kills trophy. Unfortunately we seemed to be cursed and every time we have a really good run going (at the 7-9 boss range), we have something catastrophic happen that completely ruins it. Our very first attempt that went to boss 7 ended up with my game crashing. We had another run in the 4-6 boss range end when his game crashed. Had a third run at the 7 boss mark get ruined because he encountered a glitch that caused him to just randomly die after loading into a new area, leaving me alone to fight a multiplayer boosted boss (and this game really buffs bosses for multiplayer) with a mediocre build. Unfortunately didn't work out right. Then last night we had yet another run, at the 8 boss mark, end because my game just randomly decided to go "lol nope, bye." It's been very frustrating. The game play of Remnant is so good, but the combination of how utterly garbage the boss fights are and all of the issues in this game that they never bothered to fix really starts to make me doubt whether or not I want to play Remnant 2. Hopefully we'll actually be able to get it done soon though.

Golden Sun (NS)

Been playing this on the side and man, I don't think I can ever get tired of this game. Despite having played it countless times in the past, it continues to be just as fun now as it was my first play through. I'm pretty far into the game, making very fast progress thanks to my mind being able to remember everything about this game despite not having played it for several years now. Look forward to finishing it up so I can start The Lost Age, which I also haven't played in a long, long time.

Genshin Impact (PS5)

Monday means weekly reset, so I just cleared all the normal weekly stuff + cleared this cycle of the Abyss. Nothing too interesting happening here right now.

Honkai Star Rail (PS5)

Not much to report here either. Weekly clearing + just farming for random characters while I wait for the next character I want to release (in three days).

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Feb 29th, 2024

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth [PS5]: Looks like I'm going to have to replay through the demo they promised you could skip though. lmao So that's what I've been doing. 💜

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Mar 1st, 2024

Stardew Valley:
Been playing a shit ton of this since I started it back up a week ago. I've just recently surpassed my last save file (I didn't get past the 3rd day in Winter). Now I'm headed toward Year 2, Christmas is upon the town, and I've already made 10-hearts with a character. I was romancing like 4 people (and accidentally 9 hearted Linus, but that's not a bad thing, just funny) and was just letting whatever was easiest come first. Had Sam, Abigail, Sebastian and Leah on the cards for marriage. Sam is the winner, though.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Mar 2nd, 2024

The Sims 4.

Haven't been playing this as much lately, but still not forgetting it entirely. Last time I played, I redecorated one of the bedrooms:

Sadly, I can't find a good picture of how it was before - but it was green and brown, instead of blue and white Tongue .

RE: Last Game You Played - Maniakkid25 - Mar 4th, 2024

Metal: Hellsinger

If you asked me to describe this game in one sentence, it would be "What if DOOM 2016 was a Rhythm Game?" If you've ever heard of Bullets Per Minute, it's a similar gameplay loop, though Hellsinger has a story mode rather than a procedurally-generated set of arenas. For those that have heard of neither of these games, it's an FPS that rewards you by attacking on beat. In this game, it's actually tied to your damage output; if you can't keep the beat, you'll actually miss your attacks or deal much less damage. There's also a combo meter that, as it increases, the songs get more intricate. It goes up in powers of 2, and maxes at 16x, when vocals are added in. It's actually a really cool game, though it's hard because the BPM is mechanically precise, meaning it's easy to lose the beat if you can't internalize it. Even I lose it when I try using the damned shotgun. Overall, though, it's a really cool game, and I do recommend.

Helldivers 2

Yeah. I bought it. It's fine. It's got a good sense of humor, but it's not a game I can really see myself grinding on my lonesome. If anyone else has it, I'd be willing to join you for games when I have time, sure.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Mar 5th, 2024

(Mar 4th, 2024, 04:53 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Metal: Hellsinger

If you asked me to describe this game in one sentence, it would be "What if DOOM 2016 was a Rhythm Game?" If you've ever heard of Bullets Per Minute, it's a similar gameplay loop, though Hellsinger has a story mode rather than a procedurally-generated set of arenas. For those that have heard of neither of these games, it's an FPS that rewards you by attacking on beat. In this game, it's actually tied to your damage output; if you can't keep the beat, you'll actually miss your attacks or deal much less damage. There's also a combo meter that, as it increases, the songs get more intricate. It goes up in powers of 2, and maxes at 16x, when vocals are added in. It's actually a really cool game, though it's hard because the BPM is mechanically precise, meaning it's easy to lose the beat if you can't internalize it. Even I lose it when I try using the damned shotgun. Overall, though, it's a really cool game, and I do recommend.

Helldivers 2

Yeah. I bought it. It's fine. It's got a good sense of humor, but it's not a game I can really see myself grinding on my lonesome. If anyone else has it, I'd be willing to join you for games when I have time, sure.
Aww dude I remember playing the demo for Metal: Hellsinger when it came out and loved it, but never ended up picking up the full game. I wish the soundtrack for it would go onto Spotify so I can listen to it because that whole OST is a banger. Grin

I've been vibing with Helldivers 2 on Twitch streams a lot more than I expected to given the marketing was getting on my nerves, but given it's a game seemingly tailored to playing with others is a main reason I haven't chosen to get a copy myself out of concern I'll end up just playing sessions alone or hoping that lobbies with randoms won't be horrible.

Tomb Raider II Remastered (PS5)
Finished the main game today and plan to start the DLC levels for it next before moving onto TR3. This game has a far better trophy list than TR1 does too.

RE: Last Game You Played - queenzelda - Mar 5th, 2024

Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth {PS5]: I tried beating Fort Condor, but my brain just isn't in it so I skipped trying to beat it for now. I've since moved on to Junon itself for President Rufus's inauguration ceremony. Somethings have changed from the original. 

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Mar 10th, 2024

Railgrade

I was doing a tough scenario, where I had to export 4,096 loads of paperclips in 2 hours. The first time I tried, I screwed up and ran out of money before I got all my supply chains set up - and the second time, I took out too many loans and almost went bankrupt. I just about survived, though - and met my goal with around 6 minutes to spare!

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Mar 11th, 2024

Stardew Valley:
Finished up my first year, and just now finished my Year 2 Spring. I'm only one room shy of a complete Community Center--just need the Bulletin Board bundles. I believe I'm missing only Year 2 attainable stuff so I should finish it up soon, though I'm unsure if I can randomly encounter a Rabbit's Foot without having a Rabbit in my coup... (I know I can but it's so damn rare)

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Mar 13th, 2024

Octopath Traveler 2

Haven't played the game in a long while, forgot where I was and realised I was only starting Chapter 2 for all 8 characters, and chose Partitio's as his was closest to where I was. Played through and met the boss, I was quite underleveled as well, thought I could do but the dog went into it's rampage phase. I didn't have enough characters in my party to deal with the 8 shield quick enough to break it, and it had also spawned skeletons which were a distraction and that was enough to beat me. So I went out to level up, grab Hikari and Ochette, had Temenos on Thief as well and ready to go back in.

Genshin Impact

Just dailies on all three of my server accounts until today where I played more on my main, as I went and got not just Chiori but losing to Jean first on the character banner then to 2 Redhorns, then getting her weapon, luckily the weapons didn't take to soft pity and I didn't spend anything, I just used the majority of my primogems and Starglitter until I ended up with 10 pulls left over from it all. I first tried Chiori out in the trials, then when I got her with the Battle Pass 4* weapon that I had which was good even at low levels Talents. I wouldn't have gone for her weapon if it was just DEF% but it was 88.2% Crit DMG instead which just looked so good, and my Noelle is happy with her R3 Redhorn. Then farmed for Light talent books, Spectres and even on Co-Op for more talent books and to help the player I got matched with for a while. Then went into Abyss to reclaim some of my Primogems as I had yet to do the reset, also to try out my Chiori in Floors 9-11 which was fun. Completed 12 with my Alhaitham/Hu Tao teams, which put my pulls up to 14 yay. I don't care for Chiori's C1 right now despite everyone saying she's better with it, I'm happy to use my Ningguang with her.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Mar 15th, 2024

Tomb Raider III Remastered (PS5)
Currently on the second level, but messed up by forgetting to grab a secret before walking through a door that doesn't reopen and of course I saved after going through the door. So now I have to restart the level, yay. XD

Dead by Daylight (PC)
Haven't played since January but decided to hop back in with the newest killer update. I've played two matches so far and in the first got tunneled out immediately by a Freddy, and then in the second game died first by being instantly mori'd by Myers despite having no hooks. So yeah, going great so far. Rolleyes

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Mar 16th, 2024

The Sims 4

Haven't been playing as much of this lately, partly because it's been unreliable (often freezes or fails to start up entirely), and partly because I've had less time and energy for gaming in general lately. But I did play a bit tonight - and I have a new Sim! He's a little boy named Flint:

Who knows what mischief he might get up to later in life?

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Mar 16th, 2024

Unicorn Overlord

Played for a while, went past the demo point then after one of my party got captured, instead of going off to save them I went to save an area from some clearly shifty looking guy. Looked like we had the choice to add them to my party but chose not to as I don't want to add every single character I come across, especially one who was doing heinous things. Forgot the guy's name though. He hinted at paying me back after he escaped from his cell we put him in as he had some followers release him. Ah well.

Genshin Impact

Started the alchemy potion shop event on my main, I may have messed up at some point as I was trying to do the special requests that are running for 3 cycles for you to complete them, but we can only do one per cycle, the first cycle I completed Beidou's one, then I made a potion a second time that I already done previously without realising which costed a cycle, and looks like I needed to upgrade the cauldron for the next request because I could not fit the Tetris-style shapes in the underlevelled cauldron, bah. Probably doesn't matter anyway, I'll try and do it better in my other two servers so I can complete that particular request for the Bard.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Mar 18th, 2024

Railgrade

Had a difficult scenario based in a desert, where I had to ship a bunch of materials to create an atmospheric stabilizer capable of terraforming the place. I had 90 minutes... and completed the task with just 2 minutes to go!