Universal Gaming
Gaming PCs - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Systems & Hardware (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Gaming PCs (/showthread.php?tid=221)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Gaming PCs - Monocle - Jan 15th, 2022

Trust me, it cost an arm and a leg. I know. I was involved. rip wallet

RE: Gaming PCs - Moonface - Jan 16th, 2022

What's the cheapest you can build a PC for that could run most games without a problem? I'm not saying best graphics, just like, high quality and at least 60fps? I have zero idea on prices for gaming PC's and just assume it always comes to at least a few grand if you want anything that can last a bit and not die trying to run a new game.

RE: Gaming PCs - Karo - Jan 16th, 2022

There is a reddit about that Moony where people ask these questions if your curious and on one else has an answer: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/

I think the biggest problem is due to shortages right now it might be a bit hard to procure every component, but I don't know for sure.

RE: Gaming PCs - Moonface - Jan 16th, 2022

(Jan 16th, 2022, 04:56 PM)Karo Wrote:
I think the biggest problem is due to shortages right now it might be a bit hard to procure every component, but I don't know for sure.
On that note, I guess not everything uses the chips that are currently short for the new graphic cards and consoles? I saw that Sony is planning to produce more PS4's because they can't make enough PS5's yet I'd have assumed that the shortage would affect both. Unsure

RE: Gaming PCs - Karo - Jan 16th, 2022

Secretly I don't really know much about the shortage itself all I know is it happening and even before COVID there were graphic cards being bought up and used for cryptomining. Gasp There are also everyone favorite people right next to the crypto people the scalpers! They really are doing you and yours a favor Moony without you how would you know for sure you'd be able to buy the graphic card of your dreams? All they ask is just a small mark up to give you the best of their stock...truly such heartfelt and caring individuals that we all should strive to be! Sigh

PS: Do you ever feel like people just invent middle person roles just to extract money for stupid reasons? Errm I really don't need the middle person to be part of the transactions that goes for NFTs, Scalpers, or whatever other bullshit that insert itself into a market. Doh

RE: Gaming PCs - Monocle - Jan 16th, 2022

actually, the shortage is messing up way more than gaming. these chips are used in a variety of things like cars. obviously, as gamers, we are concerned about GPUs but it's actually causing a much bigger economic impact than gaming.

RE: Gaming PCs - Dragon Lord - Jan 16th, 2022

(Jan 15th, 2022, 05:16 AM)zoldos Wrote:
(Jan 13th, 2022, 02:16 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Posted this in another thread back when I bought it, but I'll post it here again:

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X 3.7GHz [4.8GHz Turbo] 12 Cores/ 24 Threads 70MB Total Cache 105W Processor
HDD: 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7000/5000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 1000/1000k
MEMORY: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory
VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3080 10GB GDDR6X (Ampere)

How am I enjoying it so far? I bought Monster Hunter Rise yesterday and immediately turned all graphics on the highest setting and put the framerate to "unlimited" and it was smooth as melted butter. The Switch version of Rise ran like using a butter knife to cut a rock in half.

I absolutely love it.

Dare I ask how much that cost you? lol

It cost me a smidge over $3,000 for it.

RE: Gaming PCs - zoldos - Jan 24th, 2022

(Jan 16th, 2022, 07:51 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
It cost me a smidge over $3,000 for it.

Wow.  What kinda settings do you run games at?  I run Battlefield 1 at low/medium. lol

RE: Gaming PCs - Dragon Lord - Jan 24th, 2022

I haven't tried any extremely graphic intensive games yet, but I'm running Monster Hunter Rise on all of the highest graphics settings and "unlimited FPS" selected and it runs smooth as butter with zero stuttering or freezing.

RE: Gaming PCs - zoldos - Jan 25th, 2022

Coolness. I'd love an RTX card, but prices are just too high. Might settle for a 1080Ti at some point. Smile

RE: Gaming PCs - ShiraNoMai - Jul 14th, 2022

So, I was looking through Prime Day deals and came across this invention:

[Image: 71M0-jMPQ+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg]

Yes, this is a triple monitor laptop set up. Yes, I'm very interested in the prospect of this, WYM? Hmm

RE: Gaming PCs - Moonface - Jul 14th, 2022

I want to take that on a flight and book a row of three seats to myself so I can sit in the middle one and just whip that out in the flight as a big flex. Tongue

RE: Gaming PCs - zoldos - Apr 28th, 2023

Just got a new gaming rig. Pre-built, but awesome so far!

HP Envy. Good stuff!

RE: Gaming PCs - Moonface - Apr 28th, 2023

(Apr 28th, 2023, 08:15 PM)zoldos Wrote:
Just got a new gaming rig. Pre-built, but awesome so far!

HP Envy. Good stuff!
Congrats! What are the specs on it? Smile

RE: Gaming PCs - zoldos - Apr 29th, 2023

(Apr 28th, 2023, 09:39 PM)Moonface Wrote:
 Congrats! What are the specs on it? Smile

Intel i9 12th Gen 12900 16 core Processor
1TB NVME PCI-e Gen 3 SSD
16GB Ram (I'm going to up that to 32)
Nvidia RTX 3070 with 8gb ram video card
Full tower

Love it! XD