Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Apr 20th, 2020

I remembered I still have an 8 day vacation booked for the end of May, since we were supposed to be going to England at that time, but, well, this shit happened. LOL Might take some time off anyway, I just technically worked 7 days in a row this week and I'm not ready to continue tomorrow already Sad Glad you at least enjoyed a mental break there, at least.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Apr 20th, 2020

I'm sorry Nikki and Moony that sucks. Sad I hope you'll be able to make it there sometime soon and then you can hold an intervention for EL and his tea and crumpet addiction that the English are famous for having. Hmm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 20th, 2020

I'm only concerned in the event that if this doesn't subside until the later half of the year, it'll be harder to get time off work. We could go in October, but Shira's work is going to be picky on that. We could go over Christmas when she doesn't have work, but no grocery store is going to happily give that time off to someone. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 22nd, 2020

No more tea and crumpets?! How dare you suggest---aahh I don't care about that.

If only the problem was over now/soonish and if you were taking it safe to let things die down, you two could come in July around the 10th as that is the weekend of the currently rescheduled Comic Con dates. Of course that would mean in the Summer when people prefer to go on holiday, and destinations would probably try their best in pushing people to go on holiday then. Less than three months with things as they are now, that also looks improbable. I'm expecting Comic Com to be cancelled in a month anyway. Was only saying if though. Really sucks both your work places mess up the other possible chances of coming over.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 22nd, 2020

July 10th would be as bad as Christmas for me getting time off work because of July 4th (which I don't care for because I'm not American) so I'd be surprised if that time worked out for me either. I'll probably just see what options work will give me for later in the year. If they give me nothing but shit options then I won't bother cancelling my vacation dates that I booked off to originally come over and just take 10 days off to do whatever. I'm not going to cancel a vacation period if my work won't give me another one in return. Errm

I'm surprised Comic Con got moved, but like you said I doubt it'll happen. PAX West got announced yesterday and I'm shocked it was, since I doubt that event will actually happen and even if it did, you'd be crazy to risk your health at an event like that right after a pandemic (assuming it's over by that time). Touching controllers in public is a bad idea normally; doing it right after a pandemic is just sheer lunacy no matter how much sanitiser you have.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Apr 22nd, 2020

Ah, yeah I forgot about 4th of July. Although if you were to come in July I would prefer staying away from a certain day, because I don't want any attention drawn to it. XD Nah, better to wait for what they can give and then do what's best for you.

What, really? Yeah quite surprising, would've thought they'd hold off on announcing PAX, even if it is November time.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 22nd, 2020

I assumed at first you were referring to 7/7 then realised you probably mean your birthday instead. Sweat

I guess they're just taking a gamble it can work without issues by that time, but I really doubt it. At this point I expect the stay at home orders to be ended too early, too many people to think we overreacted about the corona, and then like the Spanish Flu we'll get a second wave that kills a fuck ton more people than the first round does and people will finally take it seriously (except maybe all the brainless pricks who go out protesting for a haircut when really they should be asking for a bullet to the head).

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - May 3rd, 2020

I'm shocked most things haven't cancelled events for the whole year yet at this point. My boss ain't touring until MINIMUM Spring next year. Everything's cancelled, as it should be.

Though of course that means more work for me, somehow... I'm just glad I didn't have any extra work to do this weekend, again.  Sweat

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - May 5th, 2020

[Image: 4hdxFhq.png]

Okay @"Moon Nook", what did you do?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 5th, 2020

(May 5th, 2020, 07:34 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
[Image: 4hdxFhq.png]

Okay @"Moon Nook", what did you do?
What the heck?! XD Uh, I... am not an undercover spy sent by the Queen to take back America. Nope. Not at all.

Whistle

To explain: Trump was rage-Tweeting at 1 AM EST and called someone "Moonface" (term used to insult fat people -- also might be a racial slur against Asians), which is why that was trending.

But it was pretty funny going on Twitter last night and just seeing it say that.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 5th, 2020

Ah. I've only known Moonface to be used to refer to an illness that involves swelling of the face to the point your whole face looks like a moon. It's also the reason I chose this username because I couldn't think of one back in 2003 and I overheard my dad say the term moonface, so I just went with it because I liked the sound of it (didn't realise at the time what it was being attached to). XD

Yeah, it was just more of Donald Trump being a complete moron and slinging petty insults around. He also referred to someone else as "McMuffin" in the string of Tweets.

And on the subject of Trump, I saw a thing on Twitter today that he apparently said in an interview with the NY Post that he wished female reporters were more demure, like 50s housewives.

I'll never fathom how any female could support this sexist pig and feel okay about themselves.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 7th, 2020

Nothing like starting the day off by finding out I received a perfect score for my thesis paper on access to video games in prison! Grin
My teacher told me anyone else who has ever tried that subject has never managed to pull it off, so I'm super thrilled to be the one to finally do it. Wow

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - May 8th, 2020

Moony I am intrigued what the heck did you write about? Like I never would of picked that subject, and it reminds me how some prisons have D&D in them.

Congrats on your thesis though! I currently just got finished taking Cricket through the first 11 episodes of Avatar and it seems likes hes enjoying that and I get to rewatch one of my favorite animated cartoons again which is really nice. Smile