Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 8th, 2020

(May 8th, 2020, 01:58 AM)Yuri Wrote:
Moony I am intrigued what the heck did you write about? Like I never would of picked that subject, and it reminds me how some prisons have D&D in them.

Congrats on your thesis though! I currently just got finished taking Cricket through the first 11 episodes of Avatar and it seems likes hes enjoying that and I get to rewatch one of my favorite animated cartoons again which is really nice. Smile
My ENC1102 class required all of us to write a 2000 word paper on prison reform. I chose to look into providing video games to inmates to achieve that goal and ended up writing almost double that word count. XD

Huh, @ShiraNoMai and I started Avatar just recently. We got to the end of the Earth book last night and have just the Fire book to watch now. It's such a good show!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - May 8th, 2020

Excellent job Moony for putting in the effort your Professor was probably really happy with your work especially the type of final paper that they are pleased to get. Smile

It really is like this is probably my third time watching through it all, but it really is and its probably one of the best animated shows from the west. (I actually do recommend watching Korra too after Avatar, but do consider the scope of the series takes place mostly in one location rather than traveling around everywhere and its not so much a good versus evil story as avatar is )

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 8th, 2020

Well my teacher said it will be one of his new sample papers he shows to future classes (albeit trimmed down because he doesn't want to overwhelm people with a 4000 word paper) and I think my ENC1101 teacher did the same thing with the paper I wrote for her class too. It's nice to know that writing is one of my strong suits after wondering if I can actually write good or not. XD

I plan to watch Korra too, just for the humour and characters if nothing else.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - May 9th, 2020

Now you know that you can write and do great things in graphic design what is next for the great Moon Nook to learn? Tongue

You two will have to let me know if you guys like it as much as you like Avatar. I like both of them about the same, but I am curious what your opinions will be after seeing it!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 11th, 2020

(May 9th, 2020, 04:09 PM)Yuri Wrote:
Now you know that you can write and do great things in graphic design what is next for the great Moon Nook to learn? Tongue
Well I know I'm good at Maths too. Tongue

I've also determined that for a paid forum software, XenForo is complete garbage from a user friendly standpoint. Paid support and I get essentially the following exchange:

"I've used your documentation to read up on installs, but it doesn't make xyz clear. Can you explain them please?"
*gets a reply linking to the exact documentation I said lacked the info*

$50 an hour I'm being paid to deal with that sort of support system. On top of a client who is utterly incompetent at every step of this process. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - May 12th, 2020

You both seem to be doing fine. Or at least have things to do I suppose. What is that Xenforo, were you having to get support from them or something? They do sound terrible in that aspect. As you say they're a forum software, but wondered why.

I'mma just not doing much right now. Work, go home, play for a bit, eat, waste time, back to work or next day off then repeat.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 12th, 2020

(May 12th, 2020, 07:49 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
What is that Xenforo, were you having to get support from them or something? They do sound terrible in that aspect. As you say they're a forum software, but wondered why.
Shira's job asked me if I could help bring a forum from vBulletin to XenForo. I expected it to be easy like it would be with MyBB, but no, XenForo has to be the most complicated piece of shit going. If I'm not fighting the software being difficult, I'm fighting with the difficult clients who offer the bare minimum when it comes to providing what we need. I started this project over 2 months ago and so far all that got done is installing the software. It's been a week of trying to import the data and so far I can't do it because the client won't give me everything necessary.

If Shira didn't work there and I could just cut ties with all of the people involved in this project I'd just back out of it and lose the money. At least then I'd have my sanity.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - May 14th, 2020

(May 9th, 2020, 04:09 PM)Yuri Wrote:

You two will have to let me know if you guys like it as much as you like Avatar. I like both of them about the same, but I am curious what your opinions will be after seeing it!
I haven't rewatched Korra since it aired originally. I remember it definitely didn't leave the impression TLA did originally, but I was fond of it. It dealt with very different issues and themes so I find them quite different but I still think TLA stands above them both for sure.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - May 23rd, 2020

Me no watch Avatar or Korra. May I should.

Whoo! ....hooo. Off work until next Friday. Is that I good thing in this current time? Yes, I get to sleep longer.
I mean, hoping to do something one of these days I have off and tomorrow I'm going to be testing. Since I do not want to rely on emulators, I got myself a RCA to HDMI converter and if I get it to work, I may record or stream a certain game playthrough I left about 7 years ago. Or just play it normally, or something. Nyeh. Or my laptop dies. Kinda regret not buying a new laptop earlier this year like I was meant to. >.< Still can I suppose but it means more waiting. I'll see tomorrow.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - May 24th, 2020

Twitter is such a tease sometimes. Saw that SonicFox was trending and got my hopes up that the Coronavirus took out the trash for us.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - May 24th, 2020

^ LOL He is a bit ugh. Was wondering why he would be trending, and looks like he got in as an NPC in Skullgirls. Really? They did that? OK, fine. I don't play or watch it so whatever.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - May 26th, 2020

I'd say he's a bit more than 'ugh', guy is one of the most toxic people on the planet. Guy is one of those people who says really idiotic things and then when people bash him for it, he's like, "You can't do that! I'm gay/black/whatever he claims to be! That's ____phobic!" and then he sends his entire Twitter following to mass-report people to get them banned from Twitter.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 26th, 2020

I don't know anything about SonicFox except he's some guy who wears a fursuit and plays games, so unfortunately I can't really go far with an opinion on the matter. Tongue

Well, today was the day I should have been flying out to visit England for the next 10 days, but the current state of the world has put an indefinite hold on that. Still, at least I can have audio and video calls with any friends or family to somewhat make up for it in the meantime.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - May 30th, 2020

*Digging noises can be heard, before a red reptile pops out of the ground* I'M NOT DEAD! ^.=.^

So, stuff has been happening, besides the obvious chaos. That project that I've been working on? I'm currently in the editing stages. I'm expecting it to either be 4 parts or 60+ minutes long (let me know which you'd prefer watching, because I will be posting about it here). Yuri is currently tying me down and forcing me to watch Avatar the Last Airbender (which is a good show, and I expected it to be, but I just haven't had the inclination to sit down and watch it). Other than that, nothing worth talking about aside from a wonderful customer that was so happy with us helping us while he was bleeding that he left us a f***ing BIOHAZARD! IN A PANDEMIC! SCREW THESE CUSTOMERS, SOMETIMES!

...But seriously, what have I missed?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - May 31st, 2020

@Maniakkid25: Off the top of my head, since you last posted we added a forum games area, reached 10,000 posts, and held a Doom x Animal Crossing event. Oh and we had a fun April Fool's prank that utilised the pervert line from Resident Evil 4. XD