Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 8th, 2020

Well Cricket and me might start Korra tomorrow! We finished Avatar last week so I am pretty excited about that!

Other than that I have found myself playing Overwatch again. (God save me from Bobby Kotick)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 8th, 2020

Do you guys plan to watch the live action Avatar series that Netflix are going to be making?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 8th, 2020

I asked Cricket and he said, "FUCKED IF I KNOW!" and I am interested in it, but I am very skeptical of it.

I just don't know if the live action can be as good as the original now I am a full believer that Legend of Korra is an excellent step in the series and if they expand on moments in the show and give more time for development it could stand up there as an excellent entry into the avatar universe.

I'm also in the strange camp of I'd rather you not change anything because canonically everything really works and I'm worried if they don't expand on things and just decide they want to do things differently it could ruin the series.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 8th, 2020

Well it can't be as bad as the live action Avatar movie, so at least there's that.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Aug 8th, 2020

Given how my week has been going, I'm hoping to god nothing else happens this weekend because I've had enough "fun". Just gonna play some Operation Darkness and World of Tanks and be done with it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 9th, 2020

Does everyone ever sit back and just realize how screwed we are in this year's election? We either get four more years of Trump, or we put Biden in office and let him and the Democrats completely tear this country down because they need to give in to the mob.

Trump is an idiot who will continue to do a lot of damage to our foreign relationships with our allies, while Biden is a moron who will do his best to give in to the rioters and abolish police forces everywhere and cause the crime rate to skyrocket to astronomical numbers. It's like no matter which choice we go with, we don't win. I think the best case scenario we can hope for is that Biden gets elected (just so Trump isn't on center stage for the world to laugh at any more), and the House and Senate remain/switch to Republican control so that Biden can't really do much for the next four years, and then in 2024 we just hope and pray that someone who is actually qualified to lead this country will emerge.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 10th, 2020

That how I been feeling for quite a while Night Lord. I tend to think if Biden got in most likely whoever is his vice president will run next term, but I kinda don't think hes going to get rid of the police. He might give into the idea of reduce spending for them, but I highly doubt any elective official would say the police should be abolished.

I'm kinda more on the fence of I'd like to see them be help accountable and maybe with a different approach to how their trained because force right away to every situation is just fucked up. If there being shot at it okay defense is cool, but if there is no threat to them its fucked. Its also just really fucked up that we have people scared of them and just after everything and the history of the police there really need to be some sorta change.

As for beside the police stuff I tend to think Biden is most likely going to play close to how Obama ran the country. I'd like to see him adopt some policies and changes that Bernie and other candidates ran on, but overall I think Biden is going to be a pretty lackluster candidate with honestly not much change and the status quo from Obama (Who I honestly don't really know much of what he did beside Obama care cause I didn't really pay attention to much politics when I was younger.)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 10th, 2020

Yeah I wouldn't be too concerned for Biden to be more liberal than moderate. He's very corporate democrat, so he'll be very middling/pleasing to "both sides", if anything (which, I'm not happy about, but I'll save my feelings for that).

I'm glad the protests are still happening though. Change is slowly happening and we need to keep pressing for it to actually enact change.

I'm just sick of this country being all "muh freedoms!" over masks and social distancing. Just watching the rest of the world finally being able to go outside and enjoy life while we're sitting here, waiting for these assholes to stop shouting "PENIS!" during silent lunch in the cafeteria.  Shock Hmph

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 10th, 2020

Regardless of candidates I just find it stupid that the election is basically a choice of "Who's not as bad?". Hillary/Trump was the same from what I gathered, but I don't know about prior elections. There's nothing good about the choice in anything being lesser of two evils when it could be avoided but those presenting the choices decide not to avoid it. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 10th, 2020

Whenever it comes to elections from what I understand most Americans tend to treat it as the worst of two evils. I don't think I ever heard of an election where the majority of people actually liked their canidates, but keep in mind I really only remember Obama because I didn't pay attention at all when I was a little kid for bush. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 11th, 2020

Are Trump and Biden the only candidates left to vote for now or something? I know for elections nominations are whittled down, just didn't realise it's gotten to that yet.

Still super hot here, but in two days we're due some rain and thunderstorms. Got the urge to run outside and enjoy rain on Thursday, but after that I'll probably be back into a miserable mood like I am with the heat. Worst night last night for me, even having done a 10 hour shift which usually guarantees a good sleep if I don't have to get up in the morning, still slept poorly. Eh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 11th, 2020

(Aug 11th, 2020, 03:13 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Are Trump and Biden the only candidates left to vote for now or something? I know for elections nominations are whittled down, just didn't realise it's gotten to that yet.
Basically. There are other parties but from what I can tell American elections are always between a Democratic nominee and a Republican nominee. You could vote for someone other than these two but they're never going to win, and this country doesn't do the hung parliament stuff the UK does to see a third party get a chance of being in charge of government.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 12th, 2020

Yeah basically the only parties anyone pays attention to are the democrats and the republicans. They've been in power for so long I don't think there is anyway for any party to really compete with them.

Anyways does anyone know what the soul of America is? The only thing I know about it is the giant monopolies and the fat cats.  Rolleyes Whenever Biden says that I just roll my eyes.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Aug 12th, 2020

The difference between him and Trump is that while both are idiots, at least one doesn't have a cult following of people that take his word as gospel. You can still be a bumbling fool while not causing catastrophic harm to yourself, your people and the world. Errm

Debating upgrading my desktop. I've tried upgrading the parts but at this point, I think the motherboard and CPU is what really needs replacing and at that point, might as well get a whole new build. It is 9 years old. I have the option of also bringing home my work computer, but I'd feel weird working on that again I think after being so used to the personal-ness of my home desktop, ya know?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 12th, 2020

Yeah Trump is dangerous my comment was more sadness about how the country is actually ran than anything else.

Dude you should totally get a new PC it might be fun to build it yourself, but if you don't got the time you could probably find a decent one around. Smile I always enjoy the excitement of a new PC assuming its in your finances of course. If it not as long as your old PC works you could save up for it.