Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 13th, 2020

So my echocardiogram that was scheduled for this Saturday just got moved to September 3. Because you know, it's not like I mind waiting even longer despite having chest pain and shortness of breath since May. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 13th, 2020

Hang in there Moony and be sure to take it easy! If ya feel you need immediate help the ER is there to stabilize you while waiting. Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 14th, 2020

(Aug 13th, 2020, 04:51 AM)Yuri Wrote:
Hang in there Moony and be sure to take it easy! If ya feel you need immediate help the ER is there to stabilize you while waiting. Sad
Go to the ER? Without insurance? Are you trying to bankrupt me? Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 14th, 2020

(Aug 12th, 2020, 03:48 AM)Yuri Wrote:
Yeah Trump is dangerous my comment was more sadness about how the country is actually ran than anything else.

Trump really isn't that dangerous. He can't do anything as President because even his fellow Republicans don't agree with a lot of his views. Sure, he can spout stupid shit off on Twitter and his rabid fanbase will eat it up, but that's about as far as it goes. 

I'm probably not going to vote like usual, but if I were, between the two choices we're stuck with, I'd probably vote for Trump (never thought I'd ever say that) because I know he won't accomplish anything. Meanwhile, after watching the democratic "leaders" in Minnesota completely botch the response to the riots (the National Guard should have been called in immediately to stop these thugs, not four days after), I know that I can never trust the Democratic party to actually bring this country to a brighter future. 

Trump might say extremely stupid things and be a complete embarrassment, but at least I know that's as far as it goes with him. Biden, if given the chance, will give in to the mob (social justice warriors/liberals/whatever you want to call these idiots) and completely dismantle this country. Four more years of Trump being a national embarrassment would be a small price to pay to avoid four years of Biden's destruction.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 14th, 2020

(Aug 14th, 2020, 06:36 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I'm probably not going to vote like usual...
I'm curious, why not? Wouldn't it be better to vote so that the option that is best for you has a better chance of winning? Unsure

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 15th, 2020

So I realised today/yesterday that I've been a complete and utter idiot, even more so than I originally thought I was. I already knew I fecked up but chose to do nothing about it, then half arsed sorting out then left that on hold to get even worse when the solution was so simple to sort out. Although I was trying to sort it out before, it didn't seem to work and I wasn't realising what I was doing/doing wrong and put off phoning for help. Then all of a sudden it worked after all this time. The extent got so bad I received a letter threatening to take me to court over...£7.18. Epic face palm, what the heck were you doing? Yeeaahh...what an idiot.

So ignore this, nothing happened, be on your merry way now. My feet hurt.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Aug 16th, 2020

(Aug 14th, 2020, 11:03 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Aug 14th, 2020, 06:36 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I'm probably not going to vote like usual...
I'm curious, why not? Wouldn't it be better to vote so that the option that is best for you has a better chance of winning? Unsure

Just because I don't really give a shit about this country. I live here just because as of right now, it benefits me the most to be in this country, but if ever the day comes when living here is less beneficial to me personally than living in another country is, I'm out. I have no feeling of dedication to this country and I honestly don't care if the entire country ends up burning to the ground. 

Neither Trump nor Biden serves my purposes what-so-ever, but I'm just saying that if I had to pick my poison for four more years, I'd gamble on Trump being less destructive than Biden. But in the end they are both absolute pieces of trash and it just comes down to which one I feel will be more restricted in what they are able to do -- that being Trump, because even a lot of the Republicans don't want a lot of what he wants. Compared to the Democrats who will side with Biden on anything he wants to do just because all they care about is "sticking it" to Republicans. 

And if what is happening in Minnesota with our Democrats is any indication of how the country being led by Democrats would be... huge yikes. It's only been four years since we said goodbye to Obama, but the Democratic party sure has turned into a cesspool of human waste since he left office.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 18th, 2020

My cat had to go to the vets today, she was due flee treatment anyway but one of her ears had become infected or burned and hadn't healed up by itself. Now she's required to wear a cone thing (forgot the name) around her neck to avoid her from scratching it while we put some medication on the area. She does not like it of course, may take her a while to get used to it. Hopefully only for a week or two.

Been really tired from work and managed to visit my nan and step-grandad for the first time since lockdown started. Have one more long shift but it's the day I usually have off so today is my only day off until Sunday. Boo, but I didn't mind when accepting the overtime.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 19th, 2020

I'm sorry that life seem to be going pretty crappy EL. I hope your cat will get better and you'll be able to take care of your court things nice and easily. Sad

Hang in there dude! It must of been nice to see your nan and step-grandad though after a long time. Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 19th, 2020

(Aug 15th, 2020, 11:23 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
So I realised today/yesterday that I've been a complete and utter idiot, even more so than I originally thought I was. I already knew I fecked up but chose to do nothing about it, then half arsed sorting out then left that on hold to get even worse when the solution was so simple to sort out. Although I was trying to sort it out before, it didn't seem to work and I wasn't realising what I was doing/doing wrong and put off phoning for help. Then all of a sudden it worked after all this time. The extent got so bad I received a letter threatening to take me to court over...£7.18. Epic face palm, what the heck were you doing? Yeeaahh...what an idiot.
What did you do to warrant a court letter? Blink 

I'm off work for the next 72 hours because I've been coming down with a sore throat and so my work wants me off in case I have the 'rona. Eh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Aug 19th, 2020

It both a blessing and a curse on one problem less money, but on the other hand more time to do whatever you want and rest up.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 19th, 2020

(Aug 19th, 2020, 06:14 PM)Yuri Wrote:
It both a blessing and a curse on one problem less money, but on the other hand more time to do whatever you want and rest up.
Even less since I had to pay a $200 hospital bill earlier. D=

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Aug 23rd, 2020

(Aug 19th, 2020, 05:22 PM)Moonface Wrote:
What did you do to warrant a court letter? Blink 

I'm off work for the next 72 hours because I've been coming down with a sore throat and so my work wants me off in case I have the 'rona. Eh
Not paying a pay monthly sim mobile bill that I hadn't got to work yet for one month, and refused to pay and haven't cancelled until that came up. I still use my old one. I shouldn't have accepted it in the first place.

Hope your sore throat is just nothing to worry which I assume it is and it's only your workplace being paranoid.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Aug 31st, 2020

My work just has a policy to not come in if you have any symptoms that can be attributed to Covid just to avoid you infecting other workers. I just had a sore throat in the end though.

Been suffering with a bad migraine today and yesterday and it finally went away. It sucks though that my two days off were spent mostly sleeping to get rid of it though. Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Sep 3rd, 2020

This is why I hate that my PTO (Paid Time Off) is lumped together with both sick time and vacation. Having days like that go by and then suddenly, hey you have no time for vacation, sorry pal!

Thinking on it, I'm hella looking forward to Labor Day this coming Monday. An extra day to finally catch up on shit is just what I've been needing