Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Dec 9th, 2020

I've fallen in love with vTubers so much. It's just such a cute way for streamers who are too nervous about using a webcam to express themselves on their streams, and it's just a cute thing to watch. Watching a cute anime girl avatar making cute facial expressions. Some people just have really cute voices that just match the look too. There's a vTuber by the name of Wolfychu who has a very, very high-pitched voice and it just fits the whole anime girl avatar thing.

I recently discovered a vTuber on YouTube (just in the last couple weeks), who not only has the most adorable vTuber model I've seen so far, but has an adorable voice to go with it. She's been an absolute joy to watch when I just need something to make me smile.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Dec 10th, 2020

My anime waifu are real, guys Cry ROFL

I do enjoy the gimmick of it and how it makes streaming more accessible to those who are essentially camera shy or have privacy concerns. I like the shit posting thought of YouTubers like Arlo and such are vtubers by proxy XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Dec 10th, 2020

Well, looks like there'll be nothing good to watch on Twitch for the next week, since it's all Cyberpunk 2077.

Time for YouTube to swoop in and save the day. Let's go help Baby Shark reach 2 billion views to extends its lead as the most watched YouTube video of all time.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Dec 10th, 2020

Nikki you have just made my day with the reveal that Arlo is technically a vtuber! I shall never look at his fur the same way again!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 10th, 2020

I didn't even know Baby Shark was the most watched video on YouTube. I thought it was still Gangnam Style. ROFL
Then again, I didn't even know what Baby Shark was until stupidly late. Surprised I missed it for so long given how big it actually is. Blink

Saw my doctor again today after a week of physical therapy and he's put me in for an MRI next week. He's really concerned about how little progress I've made in 9 days. Sucks for my work who have to pay for it and accommodate me for a few more weeks. Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Dec 11th, 2020

The previous most watched video on YouTube was Despacito (1.6 Billion views at the time it was surpassed), but back in... October or early November, Baby Shark surpassed it and, as far as I know, still holds the top spot for most viewed video on the platform.

That's not good. Hopefully the MRI won't reveal anything too severe and you can get yourself back in tip-top shape before too long. Though the fact that a doctor is actually sending you to get an MRI is never a good sign, unfortunately.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 11th, 2020

Wow I really do keep out of the loop with YouTube trends. Maybe for the best though I guess. XD

If I was having to pay for this all out of pocket through personal insurance I'd be shitting myself over the MRI. Fortunately workers comp will cover it all so I can at least not worry about my bank account. The doctor thinks it's my rotator cuff because I couldn't get my arm past 90 degrees out to my side and when he put his arm on top of mine I couldn't move at all. That was when he got concerned.
I just hope that if I do have to have surgery that I don't lose entire use of my right arm/hand during recovery. If I can still play games and shit then I won't mind too much I think.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Dec 11th, 2020

...Crap...

So I won't be making my self-imposed deadline of Christmas. The move happened sooner than I expected, and because of the current accomadations I have, I won't be able to reqlly work on recording my lines without disturbing my parents, so I'll only be able to work on it for VERY BRIEF time periods when I do get the footage I need (which, I still have another 11 missions, and this game is frustratingly difficult at times). Working two jobs has not helped me in motivating me to play this game, either. Next deadline will be Valentine's Day, but hopefully I'll have it done sooner.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Dec 11th, 2020

Despacito had 1.6b views in October/November, it now has 7.1?! Baby Shark at 7.4? Am I seeing this correctly, where the heck did the 5+ billion views come from?! If it's true there's a race for the most viewed video, people have got no lives continuously watching the one they want to see leading. Geez ROFL Also I have never watched or knew of Baby Shark before now...I'm not going to watch it now either. Also, I loath Despacito. Yay.

@Moonface : Aiiiee, an MRI but thank goodness you're not paying for it. Hope it isn't really bad...

@Maniakkid25 : No worries, no need to rush and take your time, I know I said that before but don't beat yourself up over it. Two jobs sounds tough to deal with on top of everything else going on. Yeesh.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Dec 13th, 2020

Yeah, I can be proud to say that of the 7+ billion views on Baby Shark, I have never been a single one of them. Same with Despacito.

I won't be another one of your statistics, YouTube!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 15th, 2020

I don't even look at anything YouTube tries to recommend me if it doesn't relate to anything I've been watching on the platform already, and I can't even remember the last time I saw some random trending thing get into my front page. I couldn't tell you a single thing that's been big on YouTube this year as either a video or a trend. I imagine it's the only good way to use the site in the first place.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Dec 15th, 2020

I imagine Baby Shark is where it is because parents would just open up the video to keep their kid entertained for hours on end with. I don't think anyone actively watched that aside from that age group LOL Especially after it became viral, where everyone wanted to avoid the song like the plague.

Very tired lately; everyone around me also appears to feel that way, too. This year has been too much, man. I can't wait for my holiday break coming up.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Dec 15th, 2020

I don't pay attention to the top trending videos on YouTube either. I only watch the things I care about and don't really look at the trending tab. The only reason I knew about Baby Shark overtaking the #1 spot was because of... I want to say I actually heard it on the radio while driving. Prior to that, I had no clue Despacito was the previous #1 either.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 17th, 2020

I just looked in trending out of curiosity and I will admit it isn't as bad as I expected. I really thought it would be filled with just cringey and/or clickbaity shit but there is actually a few things trending right now that I actually would watch and even some channels I forget exist but enjoy the content of.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Dec 17th, 2020

Are trends algorithm based? I wonder if looking at the tab with cookies active will tailor your list to things you list Hmm

Having a very cozy evening, though I should really be trying to sleep earlier than midnight. Having difficulty doing so lately due to my "revenge bedtime procrastination". Sucks cuz I'm unsure if that's why I've been feeling extra tired lately during the day. Sad