Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Dec 17th, 2020

I'm not sure if the trending tab on YouTube is based on an algorithm or not. Looking at the trending for myself, there's absolutely nothing in there related to anything I normally watch or look up, so I'm going to say probably not and it's likely based on which videos are getting viewed the most, or something along those lines. A lot of the videos that showed up for me are like 20 million+ view videos.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Dec 18th, 2020

So, since I'm making the youtube rants a thing, I'm officially keeping a project list for my rants. It already has my current and next two planned pieces of media. It'll also be where I note down requests, so don't be afraid to shoot some at me. I just can't make any promises as to when I'll get to them.

Speaking of which, and I swear this is related, does anyone know where I can obtain usable clips and/or full episodes of MLP:FiM? I swear, it makes sense in context; I need quotes of Twilight Sparkle for a future project. And before anyone says "buy the episodes from a digital store", I tried that for Data Squad; turns out most storefronts have hacked versions of MP4 to specifically prevent people from using it on any player other than the storefront you buy it on. Which is annoying.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 19th, 2020

(Dec 17th, 2020, 06:34 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Are trends algorithm based? I wonder if looking at the tab with cookies active will tailor your list to things you list Hmm
I doubt it, since the Home tab on YouTube tends to offer content based on your watch and search history, so to also do it in trending would be pointless. Home is like For You on Twitter and Trending is like how it is on Twitter, just what is trending for everyone at the same time.

(Dec 18th, 2020, 09:34 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Speaking of which, and I swear this is related, does anyone know where I can obtain usable clips and/or full episodes of MLP:FiM? I swear, it makes sense in context; I need quotes of Twilight Sparkle for a future project. And before anyone says "buy the episodes from a digital store", I tried that for Data Squad; turns out most storefronts have hacked versions of MP4 to specifically prevent people from using it on any player other than the storefront you buy it on. Which is annoying.
It looks like all the episodes are on YouTube officially, so I'd say find out how to download the videos from there or just try and get an audio recording of the video playing using a program that captures audio and get the stuff you need that way.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Dec 19th, 2020

Are they buyable, or there for free? Because buyable episodes are protected by a DRM scheme so you can't actually download them in any way. I'd need to jerry rig audio recordings out of a screen capture program to get a nywhere, and that sounds like a right pain in the ass for a single joke. I'll have to think about it...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 23rd, 2020

(Dec 19th, 2020, 04:01 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Are they buyable, or there for free? Because buyable episodes are protected by a DRM scheme so you can't actually download them in any way. I'd need to jerry rig audio recordings out of a screen capture program to get a nywhere, and that sounds like a right pain in the ass for a single joke. I'll have to think about it...
Free since I watched one without doing anything.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Dec 24th, 2020

Neat! Now I just need to watcb all of them, painstakingly taking notes of good quotes, unless there's a compiled list somewhere of all the funny ones.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Dec 25th, 2020

I'm sure there's a list of quotes out there. Try checking the official wikis for each character maybe? That's where I go to grab character quotes.

I think I accidentally just rewoke my brain. Was trying to wind down for sleep but I've been having to use my brain here to form complete thoughts and sentences. Can't say that for most people on the internet though Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Dec 29th, 2020

I've been feeling unwell today and I'm hoping I'm not coming down with something... Sad

Assuming everyone else is well, anyone doing anything to celebrate the end of the year and start of the next one? I'd like to stay up until midnight but I have to work at 6am on New Year's so I expect I'll have to sleep. Not that I'd probably do anything notable otherwise but I like being awake for the New Year. XD
I am curious though how things like New York are going to look on that night, since normally Times Square is packed with people which would be an awful thing to do this year, yet I wouldn't be shocked to see it...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Dec 29th, 2020

I never celebrate the new year, so I won't be doing anything special. I work 4 PM - 9 PM on New Year's Eve, and then I have the 1st off, so I'll just be spending the day gamin' like always. All of the 1-year anniversary festivities for Arknights starts on the 30th, and I have to work the night of both the 30th and 31st, so my ability to really indulge in all of the goodness of that will be interrupted those nights, so I'll probably use the 1st to really sit down and go through it all.

We'll also have our next major event in Azur Lane and the last phase of our current event in Genshin to do that day, so I'll be very busy spending the first day of my new year doing a whole hell of a lot of grinding.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Dec 29th, 2020

I'll be working New Year's Day too so I should be in bed way before midnight or 11 latest. Nothing planned for either day other than work. although Eve is a day off for me.

I haven't played Genshin Impact much this month only at the start I think then been on my Switch since, so I'm behind on that. Yeep.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Dec 31st, 2020

Hope you feel better Moony! Just wanted to say happy early new years to everyone around! I hope 2021 will be a good year for all of us! Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Dec 31st, 2020

Yep, congrats on everyone here making it through this hellish year. You all deserve a pat on the back and a cookie for your efforts

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 1st, 2021

I dunno. 2020 was no harder to get through than any other year. It really wasn't that bad.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 1st, 2021

Happy New Year everyone! I'd say 2020 was pretty rough because I find the whole pandemic really draining and wish it would be over already. Unfortunately all the stupidity it revealed won't disappear with it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jan 1st, 2021

Happy New Year to all! Glad it's finally over and a new one has begun, but everything is still in a mess unfortunately. I wanted more things to happen last year but of course they had to be held back. I still could've done some of it but it ended up being pretty much the same as '19 if the virus wasn't included. Ehhh, may this year be much better then.

Hope whatever you have/had has either gone down by now, Moony. If you still have it then get better soon.