Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 4th, 2021

@Mr EliteL: My shoulder is still messed up. The MRI came back with a result that had my doctor question if I'd ever had clavicle excision surgery, which I've never had, so now I have to see an orthopedist on Tuesday to find out what to do next. For now it sounds like my injury caused part of my bone to disappear until I find out more.

Been feeling pretty depressed and lonely this past week and every time I think I'm feeling better it just suddenly hits me again. That on top of just not feeling confident in myself or anything I do is just making everything feel awful. Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Jan 4th, 2021

And here I was thinking my night was going crappy. Hope things turn up for you Moony.

Yeah, two of our guys called out, and they just happened to be mission critical, so everything is hosed. I'm gonna be getting out at least 30 minutes late getting out, and I have an early morning shift tomorrow, so I was on a knife edgr of timing to begin with. Plus, I have the kids again starting tomorrow, so everything is just gone to crap right now.

Editing has begun on the rant. The only problem I foresee is actually recording my lines, because I can't get project as I need to without my parents able to hear and be annoyed, so the timing for my deadline is gonna be tight. But, I can at least prove progress is being made: as a preview, here is a laughably short summary of World War 2.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jan 4th, 2021

@Moonface : What, a bone disappeared?! Yikes that's awful. Hope it goes well at the...ortho...orthopedist.

Also, dude don't think like that. Steer away from those thoughts, focus on getting better and take it easy with your shoulder.

@Maniakkid25 Oh, sneak peek? I shall check that out soon.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 5th, 2021

(Jan 4th, 2021, 01:43 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
And here I was thinking my night was going crappy. Hope things turn up for you Moony.

Yeah, two of our guys called out, and they just happened to be mission critical, so everything is hosed. I'm gonna be getting out at least 30 minutes late getting out, and I have an early morning shift tomorrow, so I was on a knife edgr of timing to begin with. Plus, I have the kids again starting tomorrow, so everything is just gone to crap right now.
Thanks Maniak. Smile

If it's anything to you about the call outs, Publix is changing the attendance policy to be that calling out twice in a month is now a counseling statement, so hopefully people stop calling out for unnecessary reasons. Reading your post doesn't make me miss closing shifts for sure though. XD

(Jan 4th, 2021, 12:19 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
@Moonface : What, a bone disappeared?! Yikes that's awful. Hope it goes well at the...ortho...orthopedist.

Also, dude don't think like that. Steer away from those thoughts, focus on getting better and take it easy with your shoulder.
That's what makes it annoying to me is I know it's bad to think that way, but my efforts to stop it haven't really been successful yet. Doh

Well I'm being told today that it could just be something I was born with, but what I definitely have is chronic rotator cuff tendinosis and also inflammation in whatever the fluid sac is called in my shoulder joint.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 5th, 2021

In short, they overworked Moony to the point his shoulder was like "pls help" and it couldn't hold out anymore Sad

Realizing I might've been juked out of our tax refund this year. Was wondering where our tax stimulus was, and I suddenly realized I never got our return for this year and the IRS website can't even find it in the system. Think I gotta make a call to them or something to see what I can do about it. Ugh.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jan 5th, 2021

@Moonface Ah, thought hearing that from someone else would help trigger you to not to do so. Perhaps keep your mind busy on other things, and if something stops preventing, then quickly move on to another activity.

@ShiraNoMai Damn workplace overworking our Moony, stupid place. *shakes fist*

Also them people must be trying to take money wherever they can, screw them. Hope you can get that tax refund.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 5th, 2021

(Jan 5th, 2021, 12:09 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
@Moonface Ah, thought hearing that from someone else would help trigger you to not to do so. Perhaps keep your mind busy on other things, and if something stops preventing, then quickly move on to another activity.
I appreciate it. It doesn't necessarily help stop the thoughts but the support is nice to have in mind and makes me feel better. Wink

Yeah, my store doesn't really do well at handling the workloads. Basically it tries to use the bare minimum and the second someone is absent, everyone else has to do their work too. It's not like Asda where the truck is done by nights and so days just need to do backstock, my store has us do everything and even with everyone in corners still have to get cut. We can have a truck sitting in a cooler and rather than work it it'll just get left for whenever the frozen/dairy worker comes in next unless another truck is coming in before their next shift. But if a truck comes in on a Saturday and no one is in, they'll happily leave it until Monday if that's when the next person comes in who is assigned for that truck. Think of how Asda had just me and Andrew on frozen, but now make it that we have to work five deliveries too, and if one of us goes on vacation then one person has to do all of that. That's basically what happened for me.

Went to the orthopedist today, and what a crock of shit. I'm happy I didn't pay for any of it because the guy just pretty much took nothing I said into account and even wrenched my arm around like a wet noodle without warning. I'm going to call workers comp tomorrow to complain about it because he took me off physical therapy because he thinks I can just do it myself at home, except I have none of the equipment needed to do it and I'm not paying to get it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jan 6th, 2021

Ah, the insane amount you have to do of no night workers to pick up deliveries, dang it. Yeah that's rough. Have any workers even come back from being off from lockdown at all or has it still just been you and the odd manager/colleague working everything?

WTF? Fuck that orthopedist dude, hopefully the workers comp will listen, geez.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 6th, 2021

Oh anyone who has been out for Covid, whether catching it or out for their own safety because of being immunocompromised, are all at work. But for anyone in grocery who had been out for it basically had their workload covered only when it couldn't be left any longer. My store has a habit of leaving shit until the eleventh hour or acting like things are fine when they're not.

Well if they don't do anything at all then I'm sure it can be a violation of some kind because what I have now isn't going to help without the equipment.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jan 7th, 2021

Oh seriously fuck that orthopedist! I'm so sorry to hear that going on with you Moony! I hope worker comp will help you with it. Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 7th, 2021

They should do, I just need to call them. I'll try and do it tomorrow; I've been struggling to do stuff lately because I feel constantly depressed and like I need to cry. Eh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jan 7th, 2021

[Image: 200.gif]

If you want to talk about it Moony your more than welcome to come talk to me about how your feeling and vent or just hang out if you'd like too. Smile

Hang in there it will get better!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 7th, 2021

Most of it is just loneliness. I tend to be better if I'm talking with everyone I like to talk to, and get sad from missing people.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jan 8th, 2021

Don't be lonely Moony get the new glad bag! Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 8th, 2021

(Jan 8th, 2021, 12:06 AM)Yuri Wrote:
Don't be lonely Moony get the new glad bag! Grin
The new what now? Blink