Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jan 8th, 2021

You know a glad bag! You will be so glad that you did!

[Image: e99652e58ce1daed0ca4c628ae076671916f52f8...0f105b.jpg]

notsponsoredbyglad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 8th, 2021

If my current Glad garbage bags are anything to go by, I would not be glad to have them unless they aren't the basic bitch ones. The basic ones are what I have now and they're pretty shit. I can't even put them in my bin without one of the sides trying to tear when stretching it over the rim.

You know I don't really think glad bags are that special, but the whole don't get mad get glad thing is forever stuck in my head.

Advertisement at it finest!

I don't really get subjected to many ads nowadays since I don't watch television, use ad block on YouTube, and avoid ads on Twitch via subscriptions.

Really getting tired of waking up everyday feeling like crying. I'm going to try and do some stuff I've been wanting to do in Photoshop and hope I can at least make some progress on it for once.

Its nice to be advertisement free isn't it Moony? Smile

*hugs* What are you working on in photoshop? Gasp

(Jan 8th, 2021, 08:28 PM)Yuri Wrote:
Its nice to be advertisement free isn't it Moony? Smile

*hugs* What are you working on in photoshop? Gasp
Kinda. I do miss seeing some of the cool ads that can come around at times, but it was better doing that in England where I wasn't bombarded by lawyer, medication, and car ads for most of the commercial breaks. Lawyer ads aren't a thing in England period, medication ads are just basically for general shit like Advil or whatever rather than some special drug that needs you to see a doctor and prepare to lose a lung as a side effect, and car ads are just for the brands instead of places to go and buy a car.

Right now I'm picking up on a Pokemon themed Clan Wars map I started over a year ago and just abandoned because I got too hung up on whether anyone would actually care to play a Clan Wars game, but I'm just trying to tell myself to do it anyway for my own enjoyment and not worry about who cares about it. Although when I finish it I plan to have Shira run the game so I can actually play, assuming and hoping that I'm not the only one who wants to play.

No lawyer or medication ads? That sound like a dream come true! Grin I wish we didnt' have any of these ads in america, but sadly we do. Sad

That the spirit Moony I'll probably join up and play! I just gotta be sure I don't get into my slump as usual...and then I can win and be the very best like nobody ever was!

(Jan 8th, 2021, 08:55 PM)Yuri Wrote:
No lawyer or medication ads? That sound like a dream come true! Grin I wish we didnt' have any of these ads in america, but sadly we do. Sad

That the spirit Moony I'll probably join up and play! I just gotta be sure I don't get into my slump as usual...and then I can win and be the very best like nobody ever was!
It'll be interesting for me to watch TV in England again whenever I get to visit. I used to find the ads on TV here rather fascinating at first just because it was so different, but it doesn't take long for it to outstay its welcome. XD

I hope you don't get into a slump just because it's nice to see you around again. Tongue
I also realised I didn't share the other thing I wanted to make which was a Sackboy: A Big Adventure signature/avatar set. It's been ages since I made a set and I absolutely loved that game so I really want to make one. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jan 9th, 2021

Good to see ya posting again, Yuri. Been too long, and glad you kept Moony company for a while.

A new Clan War map? Will it be based on SwSh? Or just Pokémon, wasn't there one before or am I just remembering me using a house pic/sprite as my Clan base or something? XD

I should be in bed, as I don't want to be up so late anymore. Will do after this post. Got my home test result and it was negative, thank goodness. Going back to work on Monday so I can have the weekend to rest more. Just got back to eating normal today, and we can shop again, whoo! Can't believe I'm happy about that and for returning to work.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 9th, 2021

The map is using Gen 3 sprites, and I also think I started it before SwSh came out too. XD
We have done a Pokemon themed map before too.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 9th, 2021

Congrats on your negative result! Very happy to hear that, I was quite worried for a while there. Hoping you and your fam stay good and healthy and no more scares Smile

God I have so many emote ideas in my head since PogChamp was effectively (and rightfully) killed from Twitch. I have two I wanna make tonight but I need time away from my PC (yes I'm aware I'm still using a screen to type this, small steps, okay?)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 9th, 2021

The removal of PogChamp might have actually looked better if it wasn't for the fact that removing an emote because someone Tweeted something they didn't like, while allowing sexual predators, people who abuse animals live on stream and women who flash their junk on stream (multiple times in some cases) to remain on the platform, completely shows it was just to virtue signal and not actually stand for anything of importance.

The lack of removal of sexual predators from the platform being the most glaring of those issues, obviously.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 10th, 2021

I imagine Twitch removed it so fast because I assume the guy isn't actually a streamer? I don't really know him but I get the impression he isn't one. If so, they won't hurt themselves or their revenue to just ditch him. ZetaBoards was even guilty of keeping boards that blatantly broke the ToS because they were so active that the loss of ad revenue wasn't worth it. The problem is the sudden double standard that appears when the same violations are enforced on another board.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 10th, 2021

(Jan 10th, 2021, 03:18 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I imagine Twitch removed it so fast because I assume the guy isn't actually a streamer? I don't really know him but I get the impression he isn't one. If so, they won't hurt themselves or their revenue to just ditch him. ZetaBoards was even guilty of keeping boards that blatantly broke the ToS because they were so active that the loss of ad revenue wasn't worth it. The problem is the sudden double standard that appears when the same violations are enforced on another board.

Twitch is really bad about how they handle bans though. They'll let child-groomers stay on the platform, but will ban rando streamers for "self harm on stream" because they stubbed their toe or got a paper cut. 

Obviously I get the whole "money talks" mentality of this world, especially in America, but when you let money come before getting men who groom teenage girls to send them nude pictures... that's pretty low.

Twitch has never been run by very smart people and this continues to prove that.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 13th, 2021

I don't think any content creation service has ever managed to properly deal with everything serious whereas minor stuff is picked up almost instantly whenever I hear of it. Like when Twitch went nuts over DMCA stuff, yet could have just warned all their content creators that stuff would be removed instead of just dropping it from nowhere. Especially when it had been fine for so long. Although it's not as bad as YouTube who DMCA people for their own content because some other prick filed a copyright claim on it despite not actually being the copyright owner to begin with. Errm