Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 14th, 2021

Oh lord, the DMCA stuff is absolute bullshit. Needs to be majorly reworked to be a much more fair system.

I always have to laugh at companies that file DMCA claims on a streamer for music though. Like, why wouldn't you want thousands of people to hear your song during a stream? No one sits in a stream to listen to free music, and so if they end up hearing a song they really like, where do you think they're going to go? That's right, over to YouTube to look up the official video for the song (I've done this countless times myself).

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 14th, 2021

Yeah, and it's not like the content creator is going to make money from using that music because the stream is going to be watched regardless. And if someone wants to find music free they will not use a stream with someone talking over it as their solution. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 14th, 2021

Yeah, I don't open a random stream and go "Oh wow, this guy is playing <insert band name here>, I'm going to watch this game I hate and this streamer who is really annoying just so I can listen to this band's songs!"

The fact that streamers had to delete 7+ years of their life because there may have been five seconds of a song that could be DMCA'd in their vods was some of the biggest bullshit I had ever heard of.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jan 14th, 2021

Gotta love corporate entities! Grin Did you show 1 second of a footage of a show your talking about? YOUR A MONSTER! BANNED! DELETED! EXTERMINATED!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 14th, 2021

(Jan 14th, 2021, 04:18 PM)Yuri Wrote:
Gotta love corporate entities! Grin Did you show 1 second of a footage of a show your talking about? YOUR A MONSTER! BANNED! DELETED! EXTERMINATED!
You'll get DMCA'd on Twitch just for showing footage of Presidential debates (it might extend to audio but I can't remember, @ShiraNoMai would know) which should really be accessible to everyone and not stuck behind cable paywalls and other shit because really it's a public service style program.

Fun fact I just heard in a stream: The word "typewriter" is entirely on the top row of keys on a QWERTY keyboard.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jan 15th, 2021

Twitch might be even worst than Youtube which is kinda surprising to me.

Also Moony you have blown my mind.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 15th, 2021

I think Twitch can be worse because everything happens live and it's unlikely someone can do something in a stream that nobody reports. Whereas YouTube has so much stuff uploaded every day that could be seen by no one for who knows how long.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 16th, 2021

(Jan 14th, 2021, 05:18 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jan 14th, 2021, 04:18 PM)Yuri Wrote:
You'll get DMCA'd on Twitch just for showing footage of Presidential debates (it might extend to audio but I can't remember, @ShiraNoMai would know) which should really be accessible to everyone and not stuck behind cable paywalls and other shit because really it's a public service style program.

It's true, Trihex was (falsely) DMCA striked for showing only subtitles and no audio. That was a large issue but at least it was flagged by a fake bot running false claims. Twitch needed to take care of the DMCA issue years ago and the resulting abuse it has on its platform to its contractors is absolutely unreal and inexcusable.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jan 18th, 2021

Honestly I don't really think much of these corporations really care about the DMCA thing considering it still an issue with Youtube and seem to be even more insane for Twitch I would love to see it change, but I kinda got my doubts about whether they'll make the effort or not.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 18th, 2021

I expect that if a streamer uses a tag or title that mentions anything that could be DMCA'd that it becomes easy to find them and strike them. They can obviously not put anything but then it makes it harder for them to be found and anyone following them won't know exactly what is being streamed without entering the streams.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 20th, 2021

Nah nah Twitch BEEN scrambling to try and deal with these issues since a whole sleu of them came to their doorstep in May of last year when all these music companies, with no concerts to keep them afloat, needed to find a quick and easy way to make a fat buck: target all platforms utilizing their copyrighted content without their "consent".
However, the bandaid Twitch has SINCE put on the site to "fix" this has been oozing out fluids that really need correcting more than bandaiding Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 20th, 2021

I feel like bandaids is all companies do anymore, whether it be Twitch, CDPR, BioWare, YouTube, Facebook, or whatever else. I can't actually remember the last time a company had an issue and responded to it properly first time.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jan 22nd, 2021

I feel like the first play for most company is "Deny and ignore the problem" if it doesn't work then pretend your doing something about it and blame it on someone else! Then rinse and repeat! Grin

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 22nd, 2021

Or do what Brandon did and just pretend you're going to update the software for months on end and then suddenly announce that you sold it to TapaTalk and that the staff can deal with it once you make the announcement public. Whistle

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jan 23rd, 2021

Its not Brandon's fauit they just offered him a really pretty penny and he just couldn't turn it down it might hurt poor Taptalks feelings :c

I wonder if their are any successful tapatalk forums?