Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 23rd, 2021

I don't take issue with Brandon doing it but rather how he executed it. He took his ball and ran.

There probably are successful boards on TT, but I expect most are going to be those that started there and weren't stripped of anything, or communities that got forcibly moved to it and didn't want to restart or self host.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 23rd, 2021

Well, somebody in America won 970 million dollars tonight and it wasn't me. Sad days. My dreams of being able to be a giga-whale in gacha games will remain unobtained for now. FeelsBadMan

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jan 23rd, 2021

I kinda feel like no matter what he did he would get backlash for this choice and frankly I do think it was a scummy choice, but Tapatalk must of offered a very pretty penny!

Being a whale in gacha game is overrated Night Lord.

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 23rd, 2021

I'm already a whale, but winning the lottery would allow me to join the ranks of the leviathans. Some day.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 24th, 2021

I like how the one thing you would use nearly a billion dollars on would be gacha games. Never change, DL ROFL

I'd have such a hard time trying to allocate those funds. Which charities need them most, what people to bring up and make comfy, what countries need aid. How much money is necessary to make vaccine distribution less terrible. So many choices.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 24th, 2021

Oh, I'd do a lot more with the money than that, but with that much of an amount, I could easily accomplish everything I'd want to do + throw a few hundred thousands at gacha games.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jan 24th, 2021

I have been a whale in gacha games myself Night Lord so definitely aren't alone in the gachaing department! Just since I've been playing FFXIV I luckily don't have to deal with any real money gacha mechanics.

With that amount of money you could do a lot and honestly I'm not really sure what I'd even use all those funds on..... o.o

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jan 24th, 2021

I'd pay off all of my bills, pay off all of my mother's bills, help out my sister, buy Monocle and his family a nice house, maybe give a bit to charity, and then sit on the rest to spend on whatever I want (gaming PC, streaming set-up, probably a new house some where with better internet, gacha, etc.). I'd be able to start up a stream without having to worry about success because I'd have more than enough money to live off of for the rest of my days, so I could just stream strictly for fun.

Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be for me. I'll have to go back to hoping that a doctor leaves something inside of me during a surgery or a neglectful driver hits me.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jan 25th, 2021

Oh to win that much money, can only dream of it while some random super lucky person gets all the lottery to themselves. Know what I'd do at the start, throw money about to others I have in mind, then get myself a house and make that great to live in, then.... something after that. Save some as a cushion at least.

Came into work early today as my section leader had an accident yesterday, yet because of stock-take she's in, just about able to work but had to come in to make sure everything is OK for the day. Damn higher ups making the decision of having it today when shoppers are about buying stock, why not Sunday after closing I don't know.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 25th, 2021

(Jan 23rd, 2021, 08:14 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Well, somebody in America won 970 million dollars tonight and it wasn't me. Sad days. My dreams of being able to be a giga-whale in gacha games will remain unobtained for now. FeelsBadMan
I had customers at my store telling me to buy tickets in the event I won that, but I kept telling them I wouldn't want it since I don't think you're allowed to remain anonymous as a winner. I'd want to have it but just not have anyone know, so I could just give away reasonable amounts to people I know without having others around them becoming aware of my money and trying to get a handout I don't want to give them, and just give large amounts away to things where I can either a) remain anonymous or b) to a charity or some cause where no one is going to look for you upon giving the donation. But I'd want to keep it on the down low because I wouldn't want to change my current lifestyle to that of someone who is that rich because I wouldn't feel like I fit in, but having everyone around me aware of my money would make me feel out of place living in roughly the same standards I'm in already. I'd just want it to have the safety net it would provide and give a reasonable safety net to other people I want to give it to, and just have the rest be there for me to use on reasonable things and allow me to just pursue anything I like instead of pursuing things for money.

But having everyone know my name and face for winning it would be awful because anyone who knows me might start expecting something from me and people who recognise me might think I should give them stuff because I just have so much money.

@Mr EliteL: At least your job only does stock take once a year. Publix makes it that if a store performs poorly on an inventory, that store must do another one six months later instead of a year later. What really sucks is your department could do fine, but if other departments are bad enough to bring the overall performance down then you get to redo your inventory in six months despite not being the problem. Meh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Jan 26th, 2021

Yeah I'd want to remain anonymous too for the same reason. For a house I wouldn't go for something big or luxurious, but just something I'd imagined I'd get for a reasonable amount and below a million.

@Moonface I think we need to do stock take more times in the year, heck more than two even. The amount of times things go wrong and we have to continuously fix happens on weekly to even daily basis for some unknown reason. Like the week before this stock take I fixed counts (not for everything) with picks being mostly fine, nothing outrageous to the next day I come in on Wednesday our fridge stock count has gone tits up. And last year's stock take it only took the next day for things to go wrong. ROFL Or just not have stock take at all and have a time where a department focuses on having their counts as correct as possible, preferably when store is closed like Sunday evening! OK not every Sunday of course. Although that won't fix the problem anyway, whatever the problem is. Just pisses me off when I count something I know is correct at my time of counting, apart from one or two that may have gone on a trolley or basket, only to recount when I come in next because suddenly it's a huge minus or way over count. I miss the old system as I don't remember that being so grossly wrong, although we had those stupid TLMI sheets so...maybe not. Gaps should be the easiest way of managing why something is not there or if there's way too much come in when it's not on offer or special item, investigate that. Ahh I've gone way into this pointlessly, nobody cares! Feck it all.

...I'll end it on one thing the result from yesterday was credit and not a charge for once, what the actual...I think every year I've been working for it's been a charge. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 26th, 2021

I remember one year at that store that the inventory team the store hires managed to put a zero count on a beer line that had a full pallet in the aisle and they actually put zero on the sheet above it that indicated the count. I'd rather have just the people in the store count their stock because it actually ends up being correct.

Got my workers comp doctor changed today. I saw him about an hour ago and it was just awful again, so I called and said I wanted a new doctor because he's shit. I feel sorry for any poor soul who actually pays that useless prick for his services. Errm

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jan 30th, 2021

Poor Doctor he just wanted to get rich not actually help people, but people expect him to help all the time and it's just so annoying. Sad

Hope you get some help soon Moony!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jan 30th, 2021

I'm seeing a new doctor Monday. Hopefully it turns out better.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Jan 31st, 2021

It honestly can't be much worse than what you had before. If you want, you can send me the practice's name and I'll do a quick Google search on them and see if any reviews pop up. That last guy had some pretty yikes reviews on his ROFL