Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Feb 1st, 2021

(Feb 1st, 2021, 03:00 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'm feeling a little unwell this morning and I'm really hoping I didn't catch Covid because it feels like a cold. Errm

I'll trade with you. I could use another two week vacation from work.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 1st, 2021

I don't feel like it will be Covid; I probably just have a cold but I expect work won't want me in anyway. Not that I know if I'm definitely in tomorrow because normally I work Tuesday but I'm not on the schedule, but I can't take that to mean I'm not wanted in because my manager is bad at making correct schedules.

My store blocks the carts on the store exit end of the cart area so that you have to grab a clean one from the entrance side. Personally if someone tried to grab a dirty cart knowing it isn't clean then I'd just let them take it. But I would tell people off for dumping dirty stuff in with the clean stuff though because that's just screwing over the people who have half a brain cell to know where to get clean stuff from.

@Dragon Lord: Are you on vacation now or just want another one?

Nah, I don't get vacation time at my job. The only time I get an extended period of time off is when I'm sick. I'm gotten more time off of work this past year thanks to COVID than I have the previous 5 years I've worked there.

So any time I get any symptoms that could possibly be COVID, it's a two-week vacation from work, and I'm 100% okay with that.

You get none because you're part time or does literally no one get time off because it's a company policy?

I don't get time off because it's a small, personal owned business and if the owner says I don't get vacation time, then I don't get it. I don't work for a corporation or anything, so I don't get the benefit of having policies in place that guarantee me things like vacation time or annual raises.

Ah. That sucks though, how does it work if you wanted to go away somewhere like say, to a convention or something that needs you to be out for a couple of days? You just move the shifts around with other people?

I request for time off and hope she gives it to me. That's about all I can do. If not, I can try and see if my co-workers will change shifts with me, but seeing as I normally only get a day off a week, maybe two, it's hard to do that.

I'd like to assume that she too doesn't take vacations since nobody else does. Please don't tell me I'm wrong... Doh

She's constantly going out of town, lol. She doesn't normally take week long vacations, but she's definitely not around as much as you'd think someone who owns a small business would want to be. She's a pretty terrible boss who lets her emotions decide her actions far too often when it comes to dealing with problems, and it's pretty stupid. A lot of the high school kids working there are getting pretty sick of her ripping them new ones for "issues" she doesn't even have all the information for.

I'm on the verge of leaving as well, which is something I should have done a long while ago (or rather, I shouldn't have gone back there after leaving the first time). I can go get a job at the same store my mother works at and get a lot more pay for my time, and have actual benefits and shit in place. Plus it's a night shift, so I could go back to the schedule I prefer having.

Oh, this is that same job you spoke about ages ago where you said you were going to leave, your boss kept convincing you to stay, but then you left it eventually but went back?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Feb 2nd, 2021

Hope you aren't coming down with anything Moony especially not COVID! Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 2nd, 2021

(Feb 2nd, 2021, 03:22 AM)Yuri Wrote:
Hope you aren't coming down with anything Moony especially not COVID! Sad
I don't think it's Covid since I feel better today, and I don't have a fever or anything. I guess it was a minor cold or something. Unsure

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 3rd, 2021

DONE! FINISHED! FINITO! WOO!

The rant is posted now, and surprize surprise (if I haven't revealed what it was already), it's Operation Darkness. Next up, that movie I need to watch...

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 4th, 2021

I plan to watch your video either tomorrow or Friday @Maniakkid25. Smile

How's everyone been doing so far today?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Feb 4th, 2021

I'm doing alright I learned I dont know how to port forward today!