Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 20th, 2021

*hums to self* Let us see what is going on on the channel, and -- why is the Paradox Alice rant at 38 views? I have 19 subs! D-did they find me?! Did the TF community find me?! There are no comments, oh god, I'm legitimately terrified right now!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 20th, 2021

I think the more "hot" the take, the more views you're gonna draw in for your rants, if I had to take a guess.

Also yeah, Moony has a hard time trying to break the ice to chat by randomly coming in at the times I'm there and claiming he's who he is. Like imagine that's your first post on the forum, you'd be hella sus LOL

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 20th, 2021

Yeah, that would be sus as hell, but that does sound like my first post somewhere. "Hi, I am here because I know [person]. How's it going?"

I don't really see it as a "hot" take considering its a movie that is nearly a decade old, and unless you happen to stumble upon it, you'd pretty much only hear about it if you follow Miss Mako FOR WHATEVER REASON! I swear to god, if she posts a comment on that vid or here, I'm gonna freak the f*** out!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 21st, 2021

(Feb 20th, 2021, 08:43 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Also yeah, Moony has a hard time trying to break the ice to chat by randomly coming in at the times I'm there and claiming he's who he is. Like imagine that's your first post on the forum, you'd be hella sus LOL
Probably easier to do that on a forum to be honest because you can make a much better introduction compared to a Twitch chat room. You could kinda do it in a chat room too but I don't think it encourages it the same way a forum does.

@Maniakkid25: I'd wonder if it's bots but I don't know if YouTube tracks those as views or not.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Pinky - Feb 21st, 2021

Good morning everyone Smile

The weather is rubbish today. Roll on summer.

Have a great day Smile

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 22nd, 2021

Not sure if I want Summer to get here or not since it's Florida and that means heat, rain and really bad weather.

Anyone else looking forward to Summer? XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 22nd, 2021

I definitely am, because that means I'm done with the aftercare gig. I'm gonna be moving away next year, so I won't be returning to them next year. And naybe then, my burnout will finally pass. But, probably not, as I'll have more time for youtube and publix x.=.x

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Feb 22nd, 2021

(Feb 22nd, 2021, 10:11 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Anyone else looking forward to Summer? XD

I never am. I 100% a winter person and I love the cold and snow. Absolutely despise the heat, and despite what people think, Minnesota can actually get brutally hot during the summer. Can easily have days of 110F with 90-100% humidity.

Everyone thinks Minnesota only gets up to 70-80 max during the summer, and I really wish that were true.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 22nd, 2021

If I had to go between high heat or low cold, I'd rather go cold. It's easier to warm up than to cool down because there's only so much you can do for the latter unless you just stay inside all day with air conditioning (unless it's England where houses don't have that).

I also find it's rare for cold weather to mess with the power and stuff, unless it's Texas but that's a rather special case born from stubbornness.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 23rd, 2021

The Texas thing is like when you guys have unusual heat spells and don't have the A/C to compensate for the heat and machines start going wonky. Old people die from heatstroke, etc.

Global warming, y'all. It's real and fuckin' shit up. Eh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Feb 23rd, 2021

(Feb 22nd, 2021, 11:39 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I also find it's rare for cold weather to mess with the power and stuff, unless it's Texas but that's a rather special case born from stubbornness.

Well, that shit happens when your area isn't built to handle that kind of weather. It'd be like if we got an earthquake in Minnesota. Our buildings aren't made to withstand one because we don't have them here, so if for some freak reason there ever happened to be one in Minnesota, our buildings would be absolutely screwed. 

Obviously our shit here is made to withstand the extreme cold. I remember some years back we had like a week or two straight of -50F and lower and never had the power go out. Worst thing we have to deal with when it gets that cold is having our vehicles struggle to start up if we don't constantly start them up and let them run for a while.

At the same time, we never have extreme heat mess with any of our shit either, so I guess we're just built better up here in the great North.  Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Feb 23rd, 2021

Eventually, something will start to give, I think, when it comes to global warming and current infrastructure. Whether it's through foreseen weather events (hurricanes, volcanos, etc), or extreme temperature changes, it's only going to get worse, sadly. We really should be prepping our infrastructure in advance, and not bother putting 100% of the focus on stopping what's inevitable since we didn't stop it earlier Sad

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Feb 23rd, 2021

I'm only looking forward to Summer for being able to go out. I'm not looking forward to intense heat and humidity it'll bring, even we only get it for a few of weeks of the season. I'm very glad we're entering Spring though, less of cold weather and some warmth, although I remember not being so happy for past years of Spring, having kind of mixed weather or just cold. I agree on Winter being better to deal with than Summer, just stay in put more/thicker clothes on and be snuggled up as opposed to have next to nothing on but still being a sweaty bastard with low will to do anything, unless you have air con. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 24th, 2021

(Feb 23rd, 2021, 05:41 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
We really should be prepping our infrastructure in advance, and not bother putting 100% of the focus on stopping what's inevitable since we didn't stop it earlier Sad
We should, but the companies that could do it would rather save money by doubling down on what they're already doing than investing in the future. There's also far too many stupid people who just refuse to believe any of it or shoot it all down. The amount of people I saw on social media bashing on wind power because "lol the fans will freeze" in regards to Texas was ridiculous, even though there was responses providing evidence that cold weather will let a wind turbine function because they have them in Antarctica of all places.

Humanity in general seems to just be intent on hurting itself nowadays though. $15 minimum wage? Better health care? Less predatory student loans and fees? Prison reform? Not voting for Brexit? lol no let's just oppose all of that and promote a toxic "bootstraps" mentality. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Feb 24th, 2021

Well, to be fair, a $15 minimum wage would not change anything. Everything will just go up in price to counter-balance the increase. It'll appear that people are making more money, but then you'll realize that a gallon of milk has suddenly gone up $2-$3. So while it sounds good in theory, in the end it won't make a difference because prices will just increase with it. It's how it always works.

I can't really get behind forgiving student loans either. I have a couple of friends who went to college, fucked around for 4-5 years, had absolutely no plan in place for what they wanted to go for, and now they want the government to 100% forgive their loans. They deserve to be stuck with that debt.