Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Jun 29th, 2018

Hard to say whether that will be on the company or not since the fault could lie just as much with the worker. If everything was stacked fine and it fell only because of the floor, then it'll be on the store for having a floor hazard.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 29th, 2018

(Jun 29th, 2018, 10:47 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I guess you could say that the store you work in is pretty hot DL... Cool

This might be your forum, but...

Out. Get out. GET. THE. FUCK. OUT. 

The door is over there --->

Get out.

Now. 

Why do you make me want to hurt you?!

If you'd said that to me about 6 hours ago when I couldn't access the board via WiFi that would've been very good timing. XD

Well, you're not wrong. The store is very hot. You know it's bad when customers come in and say, "It's not much better in here than it is out there."

But, it took them over 10 years to update the POS system, so I don't have much hope of having the AC fixed any time soon.

Let me guess. The manager's office has perfectly working A/C or something about it that keeps it cool so they don't have to suffer the problem first hand to deal with it. Rolleyes

Nope. The entire store is a raging inferno (except the cooler/freezer). All we have to help keep us cool is some fans, but they can only do so much, and when it gets to the point where all they do is blow hot air at us, it doesn't really help.

Wow. Surely they must be wanting to fix the problem too then? Or are they that tight with money that they'll grin and bear it? Blink

They're just lazy/slow/stupid. Like I said before, it took them over 10 years to update the POS system. They got the system in 2007 and hadn't upgraded it once since then.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jun 29th, 2018

PM Wrote:
I have no idea, honestly I got the headset because the cables are removable because if it isn't the headband/ear peice falling off its the cable dying on me, I just wans't expecting 3 months.

As far as the medical bill, I don't know I am just tired of fighting shit, I am tired of everything/one trying to fuck me over, I just want to be left the fuck alone, Ive been fighting for 30 years and I haven't had any energy for a long time, and the more it goes on the less will I have left.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Life can really suck at times PM, but don't give up! You gotta stay in it for the good moments too. Wink

I mean I can't say for sure if this is a battle worth fighting it really up to you.

If there anything I can do to help or if you want someone to vent too I'm here for you friend. Smile

@Night Lord:
It sounds like the owner of where you work just doesn't want to shell out the money which is really stupid. You work at a bar right?

Whose going to come to your bar when it blazing hot out and your building isn't cool? LIke bars aren't a rarity. Eh

Invest in your business owner!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jun 29th, 2018

(Jun 29th, 2018, 10:44 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Well, I got through work without killing anyone. Though every day I work there's someone I want to "kill," so it's nothing new.

But damn was that store blazing today. I really wish they would look into why the AC sucks so bad, because working when it's 80+ in the store on a day where the heat index is 100-110 is complete ass.

I forget if you are from Florida if so, it looks like they don't have a state level OSHA which sucks, and Federal OSHA only recommends that workplaces should be  68-76 F. There may be other requirements but I didn't see any. I would still look to see if there is anything they are violating (e.g. access to frequent cold water may be a requirement in some environments

(Jun 29th, 2018, 11:16 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
They're just lazy/slow/stupid. Like I said before, it took them over 10 years to update the POS system. They got the system in 2007 and hadn't upgraded it once since then.

My gas station job POS was older or the same age (from 2007) it was slow as hell running XP. But the KMart that was in my city was still using screenless (other then a total screen) IBM systems when it closed, so at lease it wasn't those beasts form the 80s and 90s.

(Jun 29th, 2018, 11:17 PM)Yuri Wrote:
PM Wrote:
I have no idea, honestly I got the headset because the cables are removable because if it isn't the headband/ear peice falling off its the cable dying on me, I just wans't expecting 3 months.

As far as the medical bill, I don't know I am just tired of fighting shit, I am tired of everything/one trying to fuck me over, I just want to be left the fuck alone, Ive been fighting for 30 years and I haven't had any energy for a long time, and the more it goes on the less will I have left.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Life can really suck at times PM, but don't give up! You gotta stay in it for the good moments too. Wink

I mean I can't say for sure if this is a battle worth fighting it really up to you.

If there anything I can do to help or if you want someone to vent too I'm here for you friend. Smile

Thanks I mean it is "worth" fighting in the fact that I can't really afford to spend any money right now, but at the same time meh.

As far as good moments they are harder and harder to come across lately, and often just ends up in bad shit too (e.g. my previous job).

and Thanks I will remember that.

@Night Lord:
It sounds like the owner of where you work just doesn't want to shell out the money which is really stupid. You work at a bar right?

Whose going to come to your bar when it blazing hot out and your building isn't cool? LIke bars aren't a rarity. Eh

No, I work at a gas station. It's not the owners fault. She rents the building from the town's co-op, so it's their responsibility to maintain the building. She's told them multiple times that they need to check out the AC for the store, but they just haven't gotten around to doing it yet because slow/lazy.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - lp0 on fire - Jun 29th, 2018

(Jun 29th, 2018, 11:35 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
@Night Lord:

No, I work at a gas station. It's not the owners fault. She rents the building from the town's co-op, so it's their responsibility to maintain the building. She's told them multiple times that they need to check out the AC for the store, but they just haven't gotten around to doing it yet because slow/lazy.

Oh man gas stations, i feel for you.
Do you at lease have access to potable water?
Also see if she check her lease, if the lease said something about AC upkeep on their end she has have legal remedies (or at lease make them easier..but to my knowledge most business leases are more of "fuck you lessee is responsible for all upkeep)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Jun 29th, 2018

I must of misread something a long time ago and thought it was a bar, but that is still shitty of the building owner. v.v

Maybe if she keeps bugging them maybe they'll do it? I don't really know.

I guess the only thing I can say is stay hydrated Night Lord. Summer is a horrible time for broken ACs Eh

You're not alone Yuri. I thought DL worked at a bar, if not now, then at some stage. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Jun 30th, 2018

I used to clean the bar my mother manages, but I haven't done that since my back problems started up really bad. The only thing I do at the bar now is I do all the daily stuff for the pulltabs for the gambling manager. I was already counting out the tickets for boxes that needed to be pulled, and was getting paid $125 a month for doing that. Now I not only count out those tickets, but I actually close the boxes. I make the deposits for them, I put in new boxes, do all the paperwork for that.

Doesn't really take that long to do, and I'm going to be getting about $600 a month for it, which is a massive increase to my monthly income. So now I'll be getting $800-$1,000 a month from working at the convenience store, and another $600-ish from doing the pulltab stuff.