Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 28th, 2021

It doesn't show where else in the video people drop out? Just the first 30 seconds?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 28th, 2021

Oh, there's a full chart, I was just noting the obvious feature. What's weird is, there's a large spike UPWARDS in retention about midway into the video, so don't know what that's about.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Feb 28th, 2021

I expect a lot of videos get a steep drop early in until the view count gets high enough to offset it. How does that midway retention work though? Is it people who watched it until halfway, or are they skipping to that particular point?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Feb 28th, 2021

I honestly don't know; the app doesn't tell me. It just tells me what the stat is, not what it means. I need to look into it.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 1st, 2021

It's kind of neat that YouTube has all these crazy stats now. I don't remember that feature existing when I was uploading YouTube videos back in '09. LOL

I can't believe we're finally entering March again. It'll be a year since I've started working from home on March 17th. Such a strange thing to think of. I remember at the time thinking "oh we'll only be home working for like a week or two". Oh innocent pre-COVID me. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 1st, 2021

(Feb 28th, 2021, 08:59 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
[Youtube] just tells me what [audience retention] is, not what it means. I need to look into it.

So, I did, and it turns out those spikes I mentioned? That means people are rewatching those sections. So, apparently, I do something very interesting about 10 minutes in. Which is the transformation sequence, so that's also not a shock. There's also a slightly smaller spike about two minutes after, which I believe is corresponding to the scene where one of the characters basically whispers his dialogue (the sound mixing in the movie is all over the place). He says "We've been a bit busy," by the way.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 1st, 2021

(Mar 1st, 2021, 03:12 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Which is the transformation sequence, so that's also not a shock.
I assume the transformation sequence involves something that is either entirely erotic or is just seen that way to horny teenagers who lose their minds at any bare skin?

Oh, no; it's actually pretty visceral, and I don't show any parts of exposed naughty bits (which only happens, like, 5 times, and its always breast). I even make a comment that the scene is supposed to be, according to the back of the movie box, "as shocking as 1979's Alien," which literally made me laugh out loud when I first read that. Plus, the scene goes on in the movie for FOUR GODDAMN MINUTES, so I HAD to heavily abridge it just so it didn't take up a huge portion of the vid.

Make no mistake, there is exposure, but it's basically NEVER erotic. This is not that kind of movie. I wouldn't even call it TF erotica, just a story with TF in it (and believe me; I would know the difference. I am saddened that I know, but I know).

A transformation sequence is supposed to be as shocking as the scene in Alien? I gotta see this...

So I just watched it, and I guess it could shock you if you didn't know what was going to happen at all. But there's so much that confuses me. Why do so many of the bones just..change? Like I feel pretty confident that spines are not so different, if at all, between men and women to get whatever happens in the scene.

That's supposed to be scalp hair growing, not spines.  Wow, I'm dumb; wrong kind of spine. The whole point is that his proportions are being drastically altered (also unmentioned, he loses about 15 years of age, making him 21-ish) I swear, the entire scene unfiltered makes sense, its just hilarious thinking they set the bar that high ON THEMSELVES!

I had nudity in the one I saw so I assume I got the unfiltered version. But I overlooked the fact that the proportions of him/her are going to change because of different gender heights and stuff. I did just try to look the movie up on Wikipedia to try and get an idea of what the fuck the movie is about but it seems to not have one at all and I really thought it would have.

Yeah, no, this is a low-budget indie movie; it's not going to have a wikipedia page. It does have an IMDB, though. I'll explain the plot in three sentences: The earth is blown up while the cast is in space. One gets turned into a girl for a reason never explained. Horribleness ensues.

Also, I didn't realize the entire scene was already on youtube lol. I know some pirate posted the full movie on youtube, but that might be taken down by now. Yeah, the scene is much more visceral than erotic; it's not pretty to watch.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Mar 2nd, 2021

Technically wouldn't some certain sect of people find that transformation scene "erotic" some people really need the hammer. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 2nd, 2021

(Mar 2nd, 2021, 03:29 PM)Yuri Wrote:
Technically wouldn't some certain sect of people find that transformation scene "erotic" some people really need the hammer. XD
I wouldn't be surprised. It's pretty tame even when compared to say, people finding a car erotic. There was actually a show in the UK once that had an episode covering people who had intimate relationships with their cars.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 2nd, 2021

Yeah, don't get me started on the fetishes. I don't use any actual examples in the rant because it's not cool to just put people on blast like that without their consent, but seriously: SOME OF THESE PEOPLE ARE F***ING WEIRDOS! You have no idea how many times I've seen an image that depicts something absolutely insane, and someone in the comments said "I wish that was me" with absolutely no irony.

I REALLY don't want to get into the weeds here with this; I'll save that for the channel. And I will be age-gating if I feel its necessary. I already have a script I'm writing for one thing that I know I need to age-gate when it goes up, and because of that I'm tossing out f-bombs like it's candy! And if you're wondering: the subject in question is an acceptable target, in my eyes, because it's asking people to pay 10 dollars to play it... per month.