Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 7th, 2021

Eh, I find when I'm waiting for something that's the only time that time goes slow. If I'm just wanting to get stuff done or relax for a bit next thing I know hours have disappeared.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 7th, 2021

I always love it when Publix puts me on a closing shift where I have to clean the store, and then inmediately puts me for an opening shift the next day. That's totally enough time for sleep, right gais?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 8th, 2021

(Mar 7th, 2021, 09:58 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I always love it when Publix puts me on a closing shift where I have to clean the store, and then inmediately puts me for an opening shift the next day. That's totally enough time for sleep, right gais?
I've never been given that, but then again I haven't done a closing shift in years. I think this applies to all of England but if not, the store I worked for there at least made it that you had to have x amount of hours between shifts. I think it was 14 hours if memory serves me right. @Mr EliteL might know or be able to find out since he still works there.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Mar 8th, 2021

That sounds a lot nicer than closing and then a 6 A.M. shift. D:

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 8th, 2021

Yeah, no, I want to say they give you 8 hours before they just schedule you again. It's shit. That's just enough time to be able to not get enough sleep and then come back in like a zombie.

Edit: *squeal* IT'S HERE! Allow me to present to you all my author avatar!

[Image: unknown-3.png]

...wait, that's a fursona, isn't it? AW FU--!

Wouldn't it be a bugsona because it's an ant? Why is it an ant by the way? Just never associated you with that before now so I'm curious.

Just saw Burger King play the risky game of tweeting that women belong in the kitchen as a baity way to get people to interact with their tweet within which they bring up how there are more men chefs than women and want to support more female chefs. Trouble is the gut response is the first tweet so it's just a mess.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 8th, 2021

It's a cricket! The red is meant to be Guilmon colors, hence why he has a Digital Hazard symbol on one of his hands! Also, the Cricket bat. Because punny.

I didn't even notice the symbol. Sweat
I think the red is why I thought it was an ant too. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Mar 9th, 2021

I wonder if that going to become a running joke, I am not an ant! I am a Cricket! Dont' make me use my bat!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 9th, 2021

That makes me think of the cat filter lawyer man XD

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=20310202]

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Mar 9th, 2021

(Mar 8th, 2021, 04:06 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Mar 7th, 2021, 09:58 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I've never been given that, but then again I haven't done a closing shift in years. I think this applies to all of England but if not, the store I worked for there at least made it that you had to have x amount of hours between shifts. I think it was 14 hours if memory serves me right. @Mr EliteL might know or be able to find out since he still works there.

I don't actually know, but with the pandemic and our night team currently in shambles, day people who have had change to nights sometimes don't get a 14 hour break. Saturday Ian (Moony knows who this is) started midnight and worked until after 4pm (when I finished) and quite possibly had to do yet another shift the next midnight?! Not 100% sure on that but I know my section leader had to give up her weekend off thanks to even more people, including some who were from days taken off nights. He was already doing midnight to midday so that's already just 12 hours. Then again they're in higher employment than standard workers so they're expected to pick up shifts when really needed. If things were normal, then the 14 hours hopefully hasn't changed.

Still a closing shift into a morning shift is bull, wtf?

@Maniakkid25 : Yo that is a really good avatar, kudos to your friend who did that! Almost forgot why it was a cricket when I first looked at it. XD 

@ShiraNoMai The way those eyes are animated is off putting....but eh isn't meant to be big thing so whatever.

My weekend was a 10 hour shift Saturday and going out to my uncle's flat to gather some things that we could fit in my dad's car, visit my nan and step-grandad after. We learned that someone had stolen his bank card and had been using it, effing scum whoever that was. Had been cancelled but that only happened 6 days after his passing so they got free stuff out of it for those days through contactless. Yesterday another 10 hour shift and I have more coming in the next three weeks, whoo hoo. Genshin's the only thing I can be bothered to do afterwards.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 9th, 2021

@Mr EliteL: Ian always works like a lunatic when it comes to hours so I would never use him to gauge how things are going. He does that sort of stuff even when the store is slow.
How come nights are shot up though? Did Covid go through the team?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Mar 11th, 2021

Yeah you're right about that. XD
I don't know how exactly but I at least know most don't wear masks, noticed both when I come in for 6am and my mum mentioned that she notices when they come in near the end of her her shift. So either some late customer was a carrier or some of the team have mixed poorly with others, contracting or becoming a carrier and causing a small spread. Although it's taken this long into lockdown for that to happen this late to them, perhaps they got lax due to vaccine or new variant popped up here although I haven't heard that got here yet. Most are off from track and trace though, freaking GSM, Deputy SM, two managers plus more are off from that alone at the same time. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 11th, 2021

I find it silly that they think because there are no customers that that means they can't get sick so don't need masks. Rolleyes

How's everyone doing? I'm trying to improve my mood because I got stuck waiting for my laptop to update for almost four hours which allowed my mind plenty of time to be unoccupied by anything but itself. Doh

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 11th, 2021

I am currently dealing with small children acting chaoticly while being super tired and wanting to nap. Meanwhile in my rant candidate, I have kidnapped a monarch and stole a flagship, so that's neat.