Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Mar 17th, 2021

(Mar 15th, 2021, 05:24 AM)Yuri Wrote:
Do you not have mobile data Night Lord and we'd be sad if you disappeared and be like where did you go? Sad

I do have an unlimited data plan, but I despite browsing/posting on forums on mobile, so that's why I didn't opt to do that. I'm really glad I upgraded to an unlimited plan back in December though, as it allowed me not to miss any days of doing dallies in Azur Lane or Arknights. I'm also happy I upgraded my phone to one capable of being a mobile hotspot too, because that allowed me to connect my PS4 to it and go on and get my Genshin dallies done each day too.

Anyways, obviously I have internet back. Took the tech a whole two minutes of figuring out what was wrong. Glad we had to wait so long for such an easy fix.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 17th, 2021

What was wrong with it in the end DL?

Also good thing you could still play some games. I was wondering if you'd have no access to those games and you'd just be losing your mind with boredom. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Mar 18th, 2021

So funny thing. A couple of minutes after posting, our internet went back down and the same light on the modem was blinking. So we had to call them again and have the tech come back. He didn't get here for a few hours again, but when he did get back he said nothing was wrong with anything on the outside. The signal was strong going into the house, but then that's where it was being lost. So he recommended we chance the ends on the coaxial cables, as that is the very last thing we could possibly try to fix the issue. So my boss let me leave work to run to the hardware store for my mom quickly and I picked up some new caps for her to switch out, and she said she only switched out the one that's on the cable coming into the house from outside, and that was the end of the problem.

So, new modem, new coaxial cable, new splitter, two tech visits... and the entire time it was one, tiny little cap on one of the coaxial cables. Absolute fucking hell.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 18th, 2021

Ugh, that sounds really annoying. I find that companies are usually rather poor when it comes to dealing with internet trouble. I still can't believe AOL support seriously told me to put a screwdriver into my computer while it was still receiving power to remove a component that was blocking my view of my internet card. Errm

Best part of it all is we had too pay out of pocket for this new shit, or wait until next Wednesday for them to come change it out themselves, because the tech they had on today forgot a mask and by company policy, couldn't enter our house. So it was either buy and change the caps out ourselves or go another week with no internet.

And obviously they wouldn't just hand you the parts you needed to do the fix yourself. Rolleyes

Probably didn't have those on him either, judging by how prepared he seemed today. That or they would have given us some BS reason like, "We're sorry, but company policy requires I be the one who handles any company property."

We should call them and tell them to give us a credit on our next bill in the amount we had to pay for the stuff because it was their tech who forgot his mask. Not that they'd actually do it, but it'd be nice to just yell at them for a while after all of this.

I'm also dreading my Verizon bill next month. I'm pretty sure my plan allows me to use 5 GB of data for mobile hotspot, even though my data plan is unlimited, and last night I started up Genshin and saw it had an update. So I figured sure, it's probably just a small, quick update and won't be a big deal, so I started it and grabbed my Vita and started playing that. Well, the update turned out to be 7.2 GB or something like that. Whoops. Might end up being nailed with a penalty fee for that one.

I'm impressed you managed to download a file that big on mobile data at a decent speed. XD

Yeah, it didn't take that long to download it. Though as I said, I may end up getting tagged with an overage charge and that might hurt a little bit. I dunno, guess I'll find out if I'm remembering right about any sort of hot spot limit on my next bill.

I'm very happy right now though. Not only is our net back, but switching out all of that stuff + getting a new, better modem has made a very obvious difference in the quality of our internet. I haven't been able to watch streams on Source quality for ages, and now I can again with absolutely zero buffering. This means my connection to Genshin should also be quite a bit better (even more so once I run an ethernet cable to my PS4, since our new model has 4 LAN ports allowing me to finally do so).

Getting to watch streams in the highest quality settings once again is going to be so nice.

What was in that 7.5GB update for Genshin btw?

It was the Version 1.4 update. New character banner, new weapon banner, pre-load for the new big event starting tomorrow, and several changes to various things in the game, and of course a list of bug fixes.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 18th, 2021

So I didn't come on and mention yesterday, but my manager can get f***ed by a rusty shovel sideways. He decided the best way to go about a clarification was to insult me IN FRONT OF A CUSTOMER! So yeah, I'm pissed right off with him.

What did you do that needed clarification?

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Maniakkid25 - Mar 18th, 2021

A bill was coming up counterfeit from the pen test, and his immediate comment was "it doesn't work on 50s." It was a 20, so I said "it's a 20." Turns out, he meant the year 1950, while saying literally nothing that would imply he was talking about the goddamn year. No, instead, he decides to say in a snide tone "1950, genius."

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 19th, 2021

(Mar 18th, 2021, 04:52 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
A bill was coming up counterfeit from the pen test, and his immediate comment was "it doesn't work on 50s." It was a 20, so I said "it's a 20." Turns out, he meant the year 1950, while saying literally nothing that would imply he was talking about the goddamn year. No, instead, he decides to say in a snide tone "1950, genius."

[Image: 4]

Condescending twat. I had a manager do the same thing to me once, except he decided to be saccarine sweet with the tone to just make it even more infuriating.