Universal Gaming
Universal Chat Thread - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Chat Thread (/showthread.php?tid=23)

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Mar 24th, 2021

Beside that I'm not really sure I feel like its be some premium server things and ads.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 25th, 2021

I can see ads being the most likely. It gets money from every user, whereas paid servers only gets money from a few.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 25th, 2021

Who knows, maybe Discord will turn down the offer! It's not confirmed yet so ?

Finding it amusing some states are offering vaccines to people with a BMI over 25 because that would be considered obese (and thus, high risk). Really showing how god awful the BMI system is when completely and functionally healthy adults with a BMI over 25 (body builders, anyone?) are eligible for a "high risk" vaccine exception lol

I can only see Discord turning down offers if there is a more profitable one. Given that they're the ones approaching companies, I expect they're only going to talk to those they want to do any business with.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Mar 25th, 2021

Poor body builders they are just so unhealthy they really need that shot and I hope they can lose all that weight. Sad

It would've been better to use the more accurate test of body fat that's calculated with electric, or something along those lines. That way it avoids flagging people who aren't obese but just have weight due to things such as muscle mass.

[split] Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Mar 25th, 2021

Well, there goes another $400 down the gacha drain and I didn't even achieve what I was aiming for. Pain.

So, how's everyone else doing today?

Well speaking of pain I almost died in Minecraft right at the end of grinding 30 levels of experience, and had I died I'd have lost it all. Not as painful maybe as your $400 though. XD

Otherwise I'm doing good I suppose. What about you, besides the gacha pains? Tongue

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Dragon Lord - Mar 25th, 2021

Good. I have the day off, which is good because today brings the start of a re-run event in Azur Lane, a new event in Arknights and I think the final phase of the current Genshin event also unlocked today, so I have lots to do. Gonna put on some Breaking Benjamin and get to grinding.

Also because "Dear Agony" is a fitting song after my painful failure of trying to pull six copies of the new 6* in Arknights. I guess it was only a matter of time before Arknights finally screwed me, after I had such good luck the first year of the game.

Does Arknights have duplicate items? If not then at least getting bad stuff means it goes out of the pool. Otherwise, oof.

I'm going to mention it in "How Was Your Day/Week?" but I can't wait to state this now before my day is over, the store I work at has decided to run the grocery department so badly this week that they seriously asked me to work stock while I'm still not medically cleared to do so. That was then followed up with being told I'm back to working stock as usual from tomorrow, just to bail them out even though I'm still recovering. Rolleyes

RE: Universal Chat Thread - ShiraNoMai - Mar 26th, 2021

Yep, fuck gacha games Smile

Also, fuck retail! Grin

That has been your daily report from Shira, back to your local news at 11.

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Mr EliteL - Mar 28th, 2021

Daily Savings is here in the UK, yay. Glad I woke at a reasonable time to kind of not lose an hour. Although I laid in bed awake, so that was wasted. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Mar 29th, 2021

The doctor said that my shoulder is finally better. Gonna miss having 5am - 9am shifts though. XD

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Karo - Mar 29th, 2021

And that good news Moony!

RE: Universal Chat Thread - Moonface - Apr 4th, 2021

Since it became a large discussion, I've split the gacha/game store practices content from this thread and put it in General Gaming: https://universalgaming.net/showthread.php?tid=870&action=newpost

I couldn't think of a good title for it so if anyone has a better one, feel free to suggest it. XD

Otherwise, hope everyone has a good Easter today! Smile